What is the Purpose of Life ?

Airbrush

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

As the dark side of "good". 😉

actually , yes , this is again a subqestion of that core/key question.

in this case,I would also like to ask a question

what do you do when science does not respond anything on a case?

the living event shows that you should eventually perform an action. 

but the interesting thing is that science is really not explaining everything in the current case or we still do not know everything. 

and this evolute onto qualitative thing ,like entropy. 

5 minutes ago, ahmet said:

actually , yes , this is again a subqestion of that core/key question.

in this case,I would also like to ask a question

what do you do when science does not respond anything on a case?

the living event shows that you should eventually perform an action. 

but the interesting thing is that science is really not explaining everything in the current case or we still do not know everything. 

and this evolute onto qualitative thing ,like entropy. 

168025074_10219553687647884_8483589944585916302_n.jpg

Life only seems complicated because fear is easier to understand.

It's insidious and evolves, to fit any culture, for instance, my country has enough food to eliminate, the fear of starvation; so now we fear the starving will take it away from us, even though we have enough food to feed them too.

That's the moral Ricky missed.

Who are you to judge...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zapatos said:

Although for some, it is eat, mate, and eat your mate.

Just saw a documentary about a male spider that's evolved a red face to make the voracious females hesitate just long enough so they don't get eaten immediately. She first assesses whether they're poisonous or not, then decides if they're pretty enough to mate with. If not, she eats them anyway!

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Just saw a documentary about a male spider that's evolved a red face to make the voracious females hesitate just long enough so they don't get eaten immediately. She first assesses whether they're poisonous or not, then decides if they're pretty enough to mate with. If not, she eats them anyway!

Spider cannibalism happens in all flavours: girl eats boy, boy eats girls and babies eat mum!

• 1 month later...

Life is without purpose – life is its own purpose,
therefore he who lives without purpose truly lives.
Live! Isn’t living itself enough?

The desire to have more than just life is a result of
not properly living – and that is why the fear of death
grips the human mind, for what is death to one
who is really alive!
Where living is intense and total
there is no time to fear death –
and there is no time for death, either.

Do not think in the language of purpose 
that language is diseased in itself.
The sky exists without purpose.

God is without purpose,
flowers bloom without purpose,
and stars shine without purpose –
what has happened to poor man
that he cannot live without purpose!

Because man can think he gets into trouble.
A little thinking always leads to trouble.
If you must think, think completely, utterly!
Then the mind whirls so fast with thoughts
that freedom from thoughts is attained.
Then you begin to live.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:18 AM, dimreepr said:

Indeed, that's the purpose of this entities existence... 🤣

I don't think anything in life is without purpose. You work to make money to live on, etc.

11 hours ago, Goude said:

I don't think anything in life is without purpose. You work to make money to live on, etc.

True but that is a purpose that a human would attribute to there own life.  On a cosmological scale it is meaningless to say what is the purpose of life.  It is like asking what is the purpose of Feldspar or what is the purpose of electrons.

18 hours ago, beecee said:

Survival; and learning, achieving, loving, and having fun in that endeavour.

I plan on living forever...so far I'm doing OK!😉

I believe you have a great future ahead of you for an eternity.

16 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

True but that is a purpose that a human would attribute to there own life.  On a cosmological scale it is meaningless to say what is the purpose of life.  It is like asking what is the purpose of Feldspar or what is the purpose of electrons.

I would have agreed with you before having a heart attack and finding myself without a body for a moment or two. It's a very shocking experience. Now my answer to life's purpose is to learn all you can.

9 hours ago, Goude said:

Now my answer to life's purpose is to learn all you can.

It seems to me that almost no life forms try to learn all they can, so that can't be the purpose of life.  It sounds like "learning all you can" makes you happy, which is good, it is just not the purpose of life.

10 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

It seems to me that almost no life forms try to learn all they can, so that can't be the purpose of life.  It sounds like "learning all you can" makes you happy, which is good, it is just not the purpose of life.

I think most people have a natural curiosity about things that urge them to learn. Many believe there is more to life than this physical state. That urges them to learn more. It depends on individual beliefs what the purpose of life may be. Not sure how one would prove anything about the purpose of life.

19 minutes ago, Goude said:

I think most people have a natural curiosity about things that urge them to learn. Many believe there is more to life than this physical state. That urges them to learn more. It depends on individual beliefs what the purpose of life may be. 

if-a-person-wishes-to-achieve-peace-of-mind-and-happiness-th-author-friedrich-nietzsche.jpg

25 minutes ago, Goude said:

Not sure how one would prove anything about the purpose of life.

Only to oneself...

On 6/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, Goude said:

What if you rely on the charity of other's? 

Having faith that tomorrow will provide...

4 hours ago, Goude said:

I think most people have a natural curiosity about things that urge them to learn. Many believe there is more to life than this physical state. That urges them to learn more. It depends on individual beliefs what the purpose of life may be. Not sure how one would prove anything about the purpose of life.

You seem to be missing the distinction that Bufofrog made.

This thread is titled "What is the Purpose of Life?", not "What is the purpose of YOUR life?"

You can find a purpose for yourself, you can make something that has a specific purpose, and you can even give purpose to a rock by using it as a paperweight. But to suggest Life (capital 'L') has a purpose, implies that some forethought went into the creation of life in the universe, which presupposes a god of some sort.

As there is no evidence of any of the thousands of gods proposed over the years, it seems safe to say that life is no more than just another possible configuration of matter in the universe, along with rocks, feldspar, and electrons. Meaning, if feldspar doesn't have a "purpose", then neither does life.