What age do you think we are in?

Saiyan300Warrior

23 hours ago, zapatos said:

Can you make the argument please? Just saying it doesn't make it so.

What exactly is "the human condition"?

What is "emotional survival"?

What is "the mammalian condition"?

So those words meaning nothing to you?

4 hours ago, MigL said:

I would think if everyone treated everybody else, regardless of religion, a little more politely, quite a bit more progress would be made.

Szczęść Boże :)

What gives incentive to people to treat each other well?

15 hours ago, Culture Citizen said:

What gives incentive to people to treat each other well?

Well, for one, the Bible says "treat others as you would have them treat you".
Isn't salvation in the afterlife ( heaven ) enough incentive ?

No really, the realization that if everyone does it, everyone benefits ?

On 10/23/2020 at 3:29 PM, Saiyan300Warrior said:

An age of information? An age of misinformation? An age of Trump? gang gang

Seriously though how would you describe the age we are living in with a simple title if you could?

God bless everyone :)

Aren't we entering the age of Aquarius

Age transitions[edit]

Many astrologers consider the entrance into a new astrological age a gradual transition called a "cusp". For example, Ray Grasse states that an astrological age does not begin at an exact day or year.[18] Paul Wright states that a transition effect does occur at the border of the astrological ages. Consequently, the beginning of any age cannot be defined to a single year or a decade but blend its influences with the previous age for a period of time until the new age can stand in its own right.[19]

Many astrologers believe that the world is transitioning from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius,[20] which is claimed to explain that developments in the world today can be aligned to Pisces (i.e. continuing strong religious influences especially from Christianity) and Aquarius (traditional archetypes associated with Aquarius include electricity, computers, and democracy).[21] A few astrologers consider the last c. 10 degrees of a given age (c. 720 years) as the time period during which the new age starts to make visible its influences, also called "orb of influence". In Nicholas Campion's The Book of World Horoscopes there are six pages listing researchers and their proposed dates for the start of the Age of Aquarius indicating that many researchers believe that each age commences at an exact date.[22]

Albert Amao PhD states that the transition period between any two ages occurs over a one degree (1°) orb to either side of the point of intersection of two adjoining zodiacal constellations. As one degree is approximately 72 years, Amao has a transition period between ages of 144 years.[23]

Thank goodness Moon.
I thought the age of Aquarius died with the coming of Disco in the middle 70s.

So free love, and mind expanding drugs are still OK ?
( joking, I haden't even reached puberty yet in the early 70s )

On 10/24/2020 at 11:52 PM, MigL said:

I would think if everyone treated everybody else, regardless of religion, a little more politely, quite a bit more progress would be made.

Definitely. Apart of religion, I would also add: regardless of sexuality (hetero/homo/trans), regardless of gender (woman/man), regardless of nationality, regardless of race etc. etc.

But the problem with fundamentalists (on all sides) is that they want to impose their fundamentalist principles on everyone.

Edited by Sensei