Alfred001

Youtube channels on science?

What are some good youtube channels that deal with science?

I'm looking for either science news or explanations of things in science or discussions. I don't want sort of trivia type explanations like "why does a pan show rainbow colors after washing."

!

Moderator Note

Even though this is in the Lounge, I'm going to request that first-time posters stay away. If you are joining just to advertise your YouTube Channel, your links will be removed. We are not here to advertise for you.

!

Moderator Note

Even though this is in the Lounge, I'm going to request that first-time posters stay away. If you are joining just to advertise your YouTube Channel, your links will be removed. We are not here to advertise for you.

Blast! I was just about to link my "String's Pulled-Out-Of-My-Arse-and Evidence-Free Lectures On Things you Didn't Want to Know But I Think You Should" channel. :D

Edited by StringJunky

There are many, includng SciShow and Phisics Girl for a variety of quick explanations. At the other end of the spectrum, many universities have recorded lectures by professors, for example Leonard Susskind of Stanford. For science news, a site like Phys.org or another is good. You can check youtube once you have a subject you want to investigate; though, there is not a formula for research, except be persistent.

Physics Girl, Veritasium, MinutePhysics, SmarterEveryDay, The Slow Mo Guys, It's Okay To Be Smart.

First time poster, long time lurker.

All of the above plus DNews, AsapScience, and Mental Floss; however, none of these channels are adequate substitutes for your independent investigation and study of all the available peer-reviewed evidence and published research covering your topic of interest.

All of the above plus DNews, AsapScience, and Mental Floss; however, none of these channels are adequate substitutes for your independent investigation and study of all the available peer-reviewed evidence and published research covering your topic of interest.

I like this. :)

Also Bite Sized Psyche is a one of my top 3 science channels. Nice compressed psychological studies and observations summarized nicely.

Add another one. I just discovered Animalogic, very entertaining. Never heard of the Mane Wolf until today.

Hello, I wanna share some YouTube channels to learn Sciences:

It's Okay To Be Smart
Awesom daily life science from Joe Hanson
Scientific American
Official YouTube Channel of Scientific American
MinuteEarth
Science and stories about our awesome planet!
Computerphile
Videos all about computers and computer stuff. Sister channel of Numberphile.
SciShow
SciShow explores the unexpected. Seven days a week
Hope this will help you.
  • Upvote 1