What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 1:56 PM, TammyK said:

Treasure! (not Bruno Mars) They're a Kpop group that's seriously killing it! They've got everything from hip hop to ballads to rock.

Looked it up and I am impressed although I’m not sure if it’s familiar. I heard my sister one singing their song while shes playing bc.game yesterday at her room and it sounds like she butchered majority of the lyrics LMAO. As for mine, the song playing in my phone is Counting Stars by OneRepublic. My playlist is on shuffle and I haven’t heard this song in years. but it’s still one of my favourites. My favorite OneRepublic song is Secrets. First time I heard it was from the movie Sorcerers Apprentice. So Nostalgic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Made me think of Kiki Rockwell, with her witch/folk stuff.  And weirdly, though the vibe is somewhat different, Wet Leg.  Here's a rather whimsical track from these Isle of Wightians...

Great voices, great sense of humor.  See also All Day Long on the Chaise Longue, or  Ur Mum.

15 hours ago, TheVat said:

Made me think of Kiki Rockwell, with her witch/folk stuff.  And weirdly, though the vibe is somewhat different, Wet Leg.  Here's a rather whimsical track from these Isle of Wightians...

Great voices, great sense of humor.  See also All Day Long on the Chaise Longue, or  Ur Mum.

I love this quirky independent music, I hope this is the direction music takes away from what is currently known as pop music. 

Edited by Moontanman

• 4 weeks later...

Great song!  An earworm for me in the early eighties.  Good blend of social comment, funk, reggae.  Don't know if I recall this rightly, but wasn't there some street in Brixton that was the first to have electric lights, hence it was named that.

• 1 month later...

"Roll on ,John"

Here Dylan shows just why he was famously described as not being a very good singer

He also recorded a tribute to John Lennon with a song again titled "Roll on,John"

Some 50 years later .The voice still serviceable then.

Think it has gone now sadly.

Some  kind of a book,play  or collection (?) about her later years coming out I think. 

They played this version of Pete Seeger's song whilst discussing her on the radio with the author. 

Edited by geordief

26 minutes ago, geordief said:

Some  kind of a book,play  or collection (?) about her later years coming out I think. 

They played this version of Pete Seeger's song whilst discussing her on the radio with the author. 

I have this song on my iPhone, albeit a somewhat peppier version she did.

Edited by zapatos

• 2 weeks later...