What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

Really?

Yes, I'm deaf. With my hearing aid in I use probably a fifty-fifty hearing and lip-reading and all lip reading when I don't have it in. I choose to only use one aid but am severely deaf in both ears. It's all I've ever known so it's no big deal after 50 years. :) My hearing seems to be equally knackered across the spectrum so amplification is good enough for me to enjoy music sometimes...has to be loud though! Gave up on TV 5 years ago because I eventually had to have it unsociably loud! :D I access information almost exclusively through the written and visual world now like this forum and the internet in general.

On-topic, I'm an avid Pink Floyd fan and I recently have come to appreciate a tribute band called Brit Floyd who I think to do a great job. Played this to death so far:

"Time"

Edited by StringJunky

1325765609[/url]' post='648972']

Yes, I'm deaf. With my hearing aid in I use probably a fifty-fifty hearing and lip-reading and all lip reading when I don't have it in. I choose to only use one aid but am severely deaf in both ears. It's all I've ever known so it's no big deal after 50 years. :) My hearing seems to be equally knackered across the spectrum so amplification is good enough for me to enjoy music sometimes...has to be loud though! Gave up on TV 5 years ago because I eventually had to have it unsociably loud! :D I access information almost exclusively through the written and visual world now like this forum and the internet in general.

On-topic, I'm an avid Pink Floyd fan and I recently have come to appreciate a tribute band called Brit Floyd who I think to do a great job. Played this to death so far:

"Time"

I know it's no big deal to you now but I imagine childhood was very hard, I got teased for everything, and following material in school is difficult enough with normal hearing. I just hated my childhood and I can't imagine the extra difficulty you must have had to deal with.

Anyway, I'm glad you spend your time here.

I know it's no big deal to you now but I imagine childhood was very hard, I got teased for everything, and following material in school is difficult enough with normal hearing. I just hated my childhood and I can't imagine the extra difficulty you must have had to deal with.

Anyway, I'm glad you spend your time here.

Thanks. Yes, children are merciless when they find anything they can take the mickey out of in their fellow peers...I was not immune from it. C'est la vie. :)

• 1 month later...

currently listening to:

Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion

leaked from their forthcoming album 'Koloss'.

the tone is very, very mush heavier than past albums and it's getting ridiculously fascinating!

Check the time like a boss, own a Festina now! visit my site for more info: http://ediassen.no

• 2 weeks later...