What's your best pick-up line?

Genecks

"Hi, do you happen to have pepper spray or mace? Oh, you don't, mind if I move closer then?"(isn't directly threatening, but it raises uncertainty at the possiblity of rape).

"Hi, I'm just waiting on my girlfriend, she should be in her an hour, wanna make some fun to pass the time?"

"Hey what's up (insert name here), oops I'm sorry, I thought you were my brother"

• 11 months later...

There is an art to flirting. Wordplay only flows best when your mind is free of encumberances, such as hangovers, delerium, fears, too much alcohol, and the dreaded speaker's block. It takes an ego, but also tact, playfulness, confidence, and wit. It can be something of a learned skill, for not everyone grows up using colorful metaphors in their everyday conversation.

There is something to be said about crudeness, but that only works in specific situations, with certain crowds. After all, a line is a line. I bet Bettina would be more receptive to this line, "Want to do something sometime?", since it conveys a complete spectrum of potential meanings, openning up every single possibility available in her imagination. However, again, a line is a line. :)

This one worked as an ice breaker while I was teaching ballroom dance.

"Would you like to learn the "Y" dance?" "It uses a slightly different hold. The man places his hands on the Ladies waist and the woman places her hands on the mans shoulders." Once in position, grin and ask "Why Dance?"

The opening comments with my now wife always give us both a grin. We were in a bar and she was sitting on my lap. 7 people, 5 chairs it just worked out that way. I looked at her and said "Before we really get to know each other I should tell you, I'm hung like a baby."

She looked shocked "What, eeny, weeny, teeny?".

"Nope, 18 inches long and 11 pounds." With a cheeky grin.

"Not from where I'm sitting" she said.

It brought the house down, my friends left their chairs and began kneeling and bowing in front of her.:D

if you're really keen on staging it, strike conversation with someone talkative and get distracted by someone else (only works if they notice and you don't do much talking)

it's the non verbal way of telling someone they're.. interesting.

but make sure you practice infront of the mirror or something:

http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/previews/preview_0008.html

As a nerd I was always attracted to intelligent females. There is no better line, and it's legitimate and not 'forced', than to ask her opinion on an intelligent issue. Show interest and let her talk....don't try and monopolize the conversation. My wife is a great looking smart lady and in our first out of class meeting was chance encounter and casual talk in the library. We talked about class material but also made each other laugh and so on. The biggest thrill of my life was a few days later when I was in class and she came in and actually sat down next to me. WOW! A beautiful smart lady sitting next to me. I mentioned that I really enjoyed talking to her and gave her a photocopy of some info we had talked about... After that we talked a few times while waiting for class to start. It was towards the end of the term and I finally got up the courage to ask her to go out on an evening hike with me and I'd show her an owl nest I had found. She actually said yes. This was a lady who had been asked out by a hundred guys to movies and so on. When she saw the little owlets sitting on the tree branch in the she said it was magical. That night she kissed me on the cheek when we parted. The next time in class we sat next to eachother a little closer and she put her hand on mine.

The best line is a legitimate one by simply asking what she thinks about something and actually showing interest in her answer. You don't have to fake it as she might be a very interesting person ...a kindred spirit. When that 'clicks' just be yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
As a nerd I was always attracted to intelligent females. There is no better line, and it's legitimate and not 'forced', than to ask her opinion on an intelligent issue. Show interest and let her talk....don't try and monopolize the conversation. My wife is a great looking smart lady and in our first out of class meeting was chance encounter and casual talk in the library. We talked about class material but also made each other laugh and so on. The biggest thrill of my life was a few days later when I was in class and she came in and actually sat down next to me. WOW! A beautiful smart lady sitting next to me. I mentioned that I really enjoyed talking to her and gave her a photocopy of some info we had talked about... After that we talked a few times while waiting for class to start. It was towards the end of the term and I finally got up the courage to ask her to go out on an evening hike with me and I'd show her an owl nest I had found. She actually said yes. This was a lady who had been asked out by a hundred guys to movies and so on. When she saw the little owlets sitting on the tree branch in the she said it was magical. That night she kissed me on the cheek when we parted. The next time in class we sat next to eachother a little closer and she put her hand on mine.

The best line is a legitimate one by simply asking what she thinks about something and actually showing interest in her answer. You don't have to fake it as she might be a very interesting person ...a kindred spirit. When that 'clicks' just be yourself.

I agree with you strongly, it is much more meaningful to ask a relevant question that you yourself are actually interested in; about or related to the other person, and to give a s**t about the response. You have to be personal, this is how we get to know people in the first place! It's not about you being the most interesting and entertaining person in the world, it's about exploring and appreciating the real things about the people you get to know, and then being honest about your feelings for them, whether friendly, sexual or whatever.

Despite this being a thread for lame ass chatup lines, I think what you have put up in your post is much more helpful than anything else I have seen in this thread:-)

• 10 months later...

Just walk up, look her in the eye and say...

"01001001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110000 01100001 01110010 01100101 01101110 01110100 01110011 00101110"

were you born in an oven cuz your hoT!

i had to come over and talk to you cuz its rude to keep staring!

i want your body

is that a mirror in your pocket cuz i can see myself in your pants!

;] ;] ;] ;] ;] ;]

The night I met my wife I told her "even a blind man could see your beauty".

Now, I meant this to be as corny as it sounds, and she got it, so we laughed and I knew she had a good sense of humor, a necessity to me.

Now I just use it when she's pissed at me...gets me out of the dog house ever now and then.

were you born in an oven cuz your hoT!

i had to come over and talk to you cuz its rude to keep staring!

i want your body

is that a mirror in your pocket cuz i can see myself in your pants!

;] ;] ;] ;] ;] ;]

just terrible!

King Dick are a company that make spanners: http://www.ar-sheldon.com/acatalog/King_Dick.html

When I was at school, we had a fancy dress day and I went as a mechanic wearing overalls and I carried arround this massive 12 inch King Dick spanner. (you can see where this is going! :D) I kept this in my pocket, which got some stares as it was huge, and went up to some of the girls and asked them if they wanted to see my 12 inch King Dick ;) (waggling it around in my pocket). Their eyes all went extreamly wide and they all gasped in disbelief, untill I whipped out the spanner with the words King Dick along side and showed them. Most thought it was funny, and it got me noticed a bit.

It's amazing how much confidence a 12" King Dick can give you! :D;)

I don't think I'll impress many women with my 4.5" telescope :-( Which has been an ongoing joke in my house.

Not my best, but certainly my most concise chat up line, was simply 'hello', it worked for her. I tried the same tactic a few months later, (on somebody else) but she said hello back, and that was a reaction I simply hadn't planned for.