What's your best pick-up line?

Genecks

"hey babe, would kiss a fluffy cotton bunny rabbit between the ears?"

wait for the "yes of course"

then pull the front pockets of your jeans inside out and unzip :P

(I`m such a Charmer!)

Oi jugs ! Fancy a sh*g ! (heard that while queing at a night club.)

translates to...

My dear, I have never gazed upon such fine mammaries in all my days, let us celebrate this triumph of womanhood with a fine wine, and an evening of unbridled hedonistic pleasure in my luxurious penthouse apartment.

Nope, Nope, and Nope.....

My phone rings at two in the morning. Its from a young astronomer who tells me: "Hi, this is Adam. I wanted to tell you that I've discovered a new extrasolar planet and I've registered it in your name."

That may do it... Maybe.

Bee

How bougt we go to your place and calculate the spring to mattress coefficient of your bed?

Lets go to my place to do some research in applied fluid dynamics.

Wow you're carying a lot of flippin books. I bet that kid over there wouldn't want to mess with you.

Nice jacket... I think my grandmother owns the same one.

I bet those shoes looked great when they were new.

I always found these to be extremely amusing, and depends on who stands in front of me saying them (say, a gorgeous young man [or woman]) I might actually come through:

"What's a sexy woman like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?"

(10 points for the 'sexy woman' compliment, though 4 points for the slightly sleeziness hint on the rest)

Can I flirt with you?

10 points if the person in front of me is a geek. Heck, odds are that if that person is giving me a pickup line, we're in a pickup bar, or similar place, where this line is quite to-the-point and obvious. Why would I sit there if I wasn't asking for a flirt, right? ;)

and on another note, here's one I read long ago, and found utterly distasteful, but it got me to laugh for a while:

Excuse me, miss, do you give head to strangers? No. Well, then, allow me to introduce myself.

~moo

Nope, Nope, and Nope.....
I don't think anyone but you and I thought "best" in the thread title meant "highest probability of actual success". :D

This should have been, "What's your best 'make your buddies laugh but get utterly shot down by the girl' line?"

As today's poor geek is bent over his PDA furiously calculating his chances of picking up the beautiful girl, natural selection hops nimbly over him.... :-(

Can I flirt with you?

10 points if the person in front of me is a geek. Heck' date=' odds are that if that person is giving me a pickup line, we're in a pickup bar, or similar place, where this line is quite to-the-point and obvious. Why would I sit there if I wasn't asking for a flirt, right? ;)[/quote']This is my favorite so far. Honesty, brevity, non-threatening, 72.8% probability of getting a smile even if she says no.

Phi: actualy, Laughter is the best aphrodisiac!

saying something Very Unexpected that gets a laugh or invites further chat is a Huge "Foot in the door".

it certainly Not a technique to sneer at! (snigger YES!) :)

It's true I bet you most of the ones YT2095's Jokes would work. It's funny and it's bold. Indicates that you are confident. I guess it works better on a specific crowd though.

actualy in all seriosity here, I find that only Certain people can carry it off (like with some jokes).

Two people can say exactly the same thing, one will get away with it, the other won`t????

yeah, don`t ask me to explain why either, I just don`t know, but it`s perfectly true and I`ve watched it happen.

Maybe (I`m guessing here, it`s a Body language thing, or perhaps tonality?)

but yes, it`s workable.

could you consider going to sleep on a girl in a night club because she was THERE and looked comfortable?

and then getting married to the same girl 18 months later?

I DID! and 8 years later I still go to sleep on her occasionaly :P

so sure, anything`s workable IF it`s congruent with your personality :)

Problems occure if you're too shy for pick up lines' date=' and or rubbish at flirting...

At which point a scream and run away works...[/quote']

Then think up the most rubbishly one you can, and use it with full knowledge you'll be shot down. Cross one eye and hop on one foot if you are worried you'll still have a chance.

Shyness is a lot like having cold toes when you slowly take an hour or more to inch into the lake water to go swimming. The only cure for that is a running leap off the dock. :)

After a few intentional bellyflops, you'll actually be smiling and enjoying yourself the next time you walk up to a beautiful woman somewhere. :D

It is cute, actually :P

how 'bout

Do you sleep on your stomach? [any answer] Can I?

or

Nice legs, lets eat out.

Which is another way of completely distroying a perfectly good compliment :P

And here's one that got me to laugh (though I doubt the person saying it to me would leave with anything less than a black eye):

The word of the day is "legs." Let's go back to my place and spread the word.

~moo

• 3 weeks later...

"Hey, baby, wanna find out if leprosy can be sexually transmitted?"

"You have very pretty eyes. Can I have them?"

"A penny for your thoughts? $20 to act them out?"

Guaranteed they'll be too flabergasted and horrified to even manage to throw a drink in your face.

Mokele

Stupid and funny. The best i have:

P.S. some are good.

Excuse me, but I DO think it's time we met.

Of course there's lots of fish in the sea, but you're the only one I'd love to catch and mount back at my place.

Hello. Cupid called. He says to tell you that he needs my heart back.

How was Heaven when you left it?

You are so beautiful that you give the sun a reason to shine.

Honey, you give new meaning to the defintion of 'edible'.

I think I can die happy now, coz I've just seen a piece of heaven.

You must be going to hell, because it is a sin to look that good.

You should be someone's wife.

Excuse me, do you have your phone number, I seem to have lost mine.

You've made me so nervous that I've totally forgotten forgotten my standard pick-up line.

Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

Is your name Gillette? ...coz you're the best a man can get.

If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I would be walking through my garden forever.

It's not my fault I fell in love. You are the one that tripped me.

Here's one...that actually worked for me after a awesome night of dancing in a new york city club with a mad punk hot girl....

"my place or yours?" We went to hers. Fond memories...fond memories indeed.

I know..not that orginal for a pick-up line..but hey..who cares...I tapped a hot tramp!

Gee your so cute but awww, you would never go out with me, I don't know why I even asked you, I can see the "Im busy" typing across your forhead already so why, why do I even hope, God, if I could rewrite the alphabet I would put "I" and "U" together. No wait.. I was supposed to say "U" and "I" together, see how stupid I am, and I had it written down on my palm too. What now, rain? Oh no!, its sweat, I'm sweating and I think my contact lens just floated out, are you still here?

Believe it or not, that may get you a date with me. :)

Bee

well Gee Bee, if id`e have known, if you`de given some indication? but you probably did and I was too blind to see it, I`m such a Schmuck :(

I`de best leave now, you desreve much better.

maybe we`ll meet again when I`m not so ugly and your not so beautifull? although your beauty within will always shine outwards no matter...

Blegh, fetch me a Bucket! :P