The 'Rapist's Bible'

toucana

Many unusual and curious versions of the English bible have been printed since the reformation. The ‘Wicked Bible’ of 1631 found its way into history by omitting the word ‘not’ from the 7th commandment (Exodus 20:14) and enjoining its readers, on the highest authority, to commit adultery.

Others include ‘The Treacle Bible’ of 1568 (Jermiah 7:24 - “Is there no treacle in Gilead”), The Printers Bible of 1702 (Psalm 119:161 - “Printers have persecuted me without a cause” -  [instead of of ‘Princes’], and ‘Rebekah’s Camels Bible’ of 1823 which gives Genesis 24:61 as “Rebekah arose, and her camels” instead of “her damsels”.

But few of them are quite as odd as the ‘God Bless The USA Bible’ currently being touted by former president Donald J. Trump for $59.99. This edition of the King James translation (conveniently out of copyright) also includes a copy of the US Constitution, The Bill of Rights, The Declaration of Independence, and the Pledge of Allegiance - along with a handwritten chorus to ‘God Bless America’ by Lee Greenwood. One thing that all of these have in common of course, is that Donald Trump has never read or paid the slightest attention to any of them.

The Lee Greenwood referred to is the person who first initiated this project back in 2021. At that time it was being marketed as a new bible “Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks”. This edition was meant to contain the NIV version of the English bible, but the NIV copyright holders Zondervan abruptly withdrew their consent, so the royalty-free King James text was used instead. That version incidentally cost only $49.99 back in 2021.

A Meidas Touch YT investigation reveals that this bible has a long history of negative reviews from purchasers who faced such problems as long delays, or complete non-delivery of the product, to struggling with gilt-edged pages that had glued themselves together, rendering the text unreadable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZp0zjobSK8

The 'Rapist's Bible'

I think this is a great exaggeration that has nothing to do with the content of your post..

10 hours ago, toucana said:

Many unusual and curious versions of the English bible have been printed since the reformation. The ‘Wicked Bible’ of 1631 found its way into history by omitting the word ‘not’ from the 7th commandment (Exodus 20:14) and enjoining its readers, on the highest authority, to commit adultery.

Others include ‘The Treacle Bible’ of 1568 (Jermiah 7:24 - “Is there no treacle in Gilead”), The Printers Bible of 1702 (Psalm 119:161 - “Printers have persecuted me without a cause” -  [instead of of ‘Princes’], and ‘Rebekah’s Camels Bible’ of 1823 which gives Genesis 24:61 as “Rebekah arose, and her camels” instead of “her damsels”.

Inevitable editorial and printing errors, or made intentionally by angry "pranksters" (typesetter).

Don't you know a parcel courier who is kicking packages (especially those marked treat with care)? I see it daily..

11 hours ago, toucana said:

But few of them are quite as odd as the ‘God Bless The USA Bible’ currently being touted by former president Donald J. Trump for $59.99. This edition of the King James translation (conveniently out of copyright) also includes a copy of the US Constitution, The Bill of Rights, The Declaration of Independence, and the Pledge of Allegiance - along with a handwritten chorus to ‘God Bless America’ by Lee Greenwood. One thing that all of these have in common of course, is that Donald Trump has never read or paid the slightest attention to any of them.

The Lee Greenwood referred to is the person who first initiated this project back in 2021. At that time it was being marketed as a new bible “Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks”. This edition was meant to contain the NIV version of the English bible, but the NIV copyright holders Zondervan abruptly withdrew their consent, so the royalty-free King James text was used instead. That version incidentally cost only $49.99 back in 2021.

Nothing novel. Politicians have been using religion to gain more political power for thousands of years.

E.g. Caesar intercepted non dismissable position as pontifex maximus (i.e. equivalent of the Pope) by bribery..

13 hours ago, toucana said:

A Meidas Touch YT investigation reveals that this bible has a long history of negative reviews from purchasers who faced such problems as long delays, or complete non-delivery of the product, to struggling with gilt-edged pages that had glued themselves together, rendering the text unreadable.

"The rapist bible" Is a telling title, it's an excuse for you to assum that every bible is spouting an evil message, and so anyone who reads it are either evil or stupid; guess what, it aint that simple.

A very difficult concept for those that just know...

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

"The rapist bible" Is a telling title, it's an excuse for you to assum that every bible is spouting an evil message, and so anyone who reads it are either evil or stupid; guess what, it aint that simple.

A very difficult concept for those that just know...

"The rapist Bible"? Where and who claimed this? 

Perhaps the Trump is a rapist meme has lost its edge, given the general cynicism about wealthy men (especially those born into wealth) and their sexual proclivities.  I think Zombie Bible works, given the sort of mindless followers of TFG who would buy it.

5 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Perhaps the Trump is a rapist meme has lost its edge, given the general cynicism about wealthy men (especially those born into wealth) and their sexual proclivities.  I think Zombie Bible works, given the sort of mindless followers of TFG who would buy it.

Did the OP make the claim of "rapist Bible"? 

It's a confusing title.  I think the toucan is just saying it is a bible hawked by Trump, who has been identified as a rapist.  It doesn't mean the text has been altered in Exodus to advocate rape.

35 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

"The rapist Bible"? Where and who claimed this? 

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan did so in August 2023 while dimissing a counterclaim by Donald Trump for defamation in the E.J Carroll case.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/07/donald-trump-rape-language-e-jean-carroll

Kaplan had already outlined why it was not defamation for Carroll to say Trump raped her.

“As the court explained in its recent decision denying Mr Trump’s motion for a new trial on damages and other relief [in the New York case] … based on all of the evidence at trial and the jury’s verdict as a whole, the jury’s finding that Mr Trump ‘sexually abused’ Ms Carroll implicitly determined that he forcibly penetrated her digitally – in other words, that Mr Trump in fact did ‘rape’ Ms Carroll as that term commonly is used and understood in contexts outside of the New York penal law.”

The title of my post was satirical - (one reason it was in quotes), and took aim squarely at the rampant hypocrisy of a grifter and moral imbecile like Trump attempting to wrap himself in the American flag while hawking overpriced GBA themed bibles in the middle of holy week.

5 minutes ago, toucana said:

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan did so in August 2023 while dimissing a counterclaim by Donald Trump for defamation in the E.J Carroll case.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/07/donald-trump-rape-language-e-jean-carroll

Kaplan had already outlined why it was not defamation for Carroll to say Trump raped her.

“As the court explained in its recent decision denying Mr Trump’s motion for a new trial on damages and other relief [in the New York case] … based on all of the evidence at trial and the jury’s verdict as a whole, the jury’s finding that Mr Trump ‘sexually abused’ Ms Carroll implicitly determined that he forcibly penetrated her digitally – in other words, that Mr Trump in fact did ‘rape’ Ms Carroll as that term commonly is used and understood in contexts outside of the New York penal law.”

The title of my post was satirical - (one reason it was in quotes), and took aim squarely at the rampant hypocrisy of a grifter and moral imbecile like Trump attempting to wrap himself in the American flag while hawking overpriced GBA themed bibles in the middle of holy week.

IC, a bit of a sensational title for an actual discussion, poisoning the well I think. While I think Trump, IMHO, is accurately described as a rapist it is my opinion his "Bible sales" is nothing but a another grift and I find it odd that Christians in general don't find it tantamount to a slap in the face but rapist Bible?   

28 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

IC, a bit of a sensational title for an actual discussion, poisoning the well I think. While I think Trump, IMHO, is accurately described as a rapist it is my opinion his "Bible sales" is nothing but a another grift and I find it odd that Christians in general don't find it tantamount to a slap in the face but rapist Bible?   

As an avid non reader of the Bible ,but having read that parts of the OT advocates some odious actions  can I ask if perhaps there are indeed some passages where rape is advocated, or described in an approving way?

Like the good lord I too am fishing ,but for evidence :-)

Edited by geordief

4 minutes ago, geordief said:

As an avid non reader of the Bible ,but having read that parts of the OT advocates some odious actions  can I ask if perhaps there are indeed some passages where rape is advocated, or described in an approving way?

I've read the Bible several times, while I don't memorize it I do recall passages where the rape of girls who haven't "known" a man is allowed as spoils of war.

3 hours ago, geordief said:

You could probably start with some of these:

Key texts for scholarship on sexual violence include the rape of Dinah (Genesis 34), the rape of Tamar (2 Samuel 13), the gang-rape and murder of the Levite’s concubine (Judges 19–21), Bathsheba and David (2 Samuel 11), the “marriage metaphor” in the prophetic books (especially Hosea 1–3, Jeremiah 3, and Ezekiel 16 and 23), and the rape of Daughter Zion (Lamentations 1 and 2).

https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/display/document/obo-9780195393361/obo-9780195393361-0293.xml

Reader discretion is advised, especially for Judges 19-21 (it's rather graphic).

3 hours ago, Moontanman said:

I've read the Bible several times, while I don't memorize it I do recall passages where the rape of girls who haven't "known" a man is allowed as spoils of war.

Generations of Americans were abused using the Christian Bible to justify the acts of morally bankrupt men. It's become a hallmark that lets them embrace their inner sinner and get away with both sanctimony and sexual abuse. When I think about most church leadership in this country, I picture a corrupt, hypocritical man exhorting everyone else to be better.

So actually, I think the Bible is the perfect weapon for TFG to wield. He's a rapist, lots of rape justified by churches in the US, and there's always a way to support the patriarchy if you use the Bible. And this Bible has extra irony built right in by including a copy of the Constitution, knowing the purchaser will never make it to the part about separation of Church and State!

The World can get much much worse. But hopefully it has reached full bizarro with Trump selling Trump Bibles, ironically including the Constitution, and the bizarro pendulum only has paths toward normalcy no matter it's current direction...if not...what's next?

1 hour ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

if not...what's next?

Chinese and Russian controlled GenAI TikTok videos beamed directly into our brains via Neuralink chips. Hive mind driven by evil queens. 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Chinese and Russian controlled GenAI TikTok videos beamed directly into our brains via Neuralink chips. Hive mind driven by evil queens. 

I said next. Aren't they doing that already? 😄

On 3/29/2024 at 4:17 PM, toucana said:

Thanks for posting this!  Now I can post a few Bible verses I compiled that make Trump look like an Antichrist.  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck, errr an Antichrist!

ANTICHRIST:

He is called “the little horn.” – Daniel 7:8   The word “Trump” appears twice in the KJV bible as an abbreviation of “trumpet” or “little horn.”  The little horn has “the eyes of a man and boasts great things.”

He will come in his own name and be accepted - John 5:43

He has the mouth of a lion – Rev. 13:2

He is arrogant, shall exalt himself above others – Daniel 8:25

He is extremely boastful with a “mouth speaking great things” – Daniel 7:8

He will throw truth to the ground. – Daniel 8:12   (30,000 false or misleading statements while in office.)

He will deny the Father and the Son - 1 John 2:22   He said he does not seek God the Father's forgiveness, thus denying the need for God the Son as savior.  (BTW:  God the Father wanted his Son to suffer and die to please HIMSELF!  That is what a sacrifice is for, to please God the Father.)

He will be a vile person – Daniel 11:21

He will honor the God of Forces, and "a god his father knew not, he shall honor with gold, silver, precious stones, and other pleasant things.” – Daniel 11:38

He is connected to gold – Rev. 13:18   King Solomon became obsessed with gold and pagan gods during his later years.  Trump’s obsession with gold and “pleasant things” is comparable to King Solomon

He will have a “covenant with many for one week” – Daniel 9:27

He will disguise himself as an “angel of light” – 2 Corinthians 11:15   He masquerades as a force for good, and defender of Christian values, but in reality, defending only HIMSELF.

He is named “the Lawless One” – 2 Thessalonians 2:8 Trump considers himself to be above the law or a law unto himself. There are many examples of him skirting the law and able to avoid repercussions. He said “I have the right to do ANYTHING I want as president, but I don’t even talk about that." HE DID TALK ABOUT THAT!

He does as he pleases – Daniel 11:36 “Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt himself and boast against every god, and will speak dreadful things against the God of gods; and he will be successful until the indignation is finished” – Daniel 11:36 NASB He “shoots from the lip” not caring if he’s politically correct, or who he might be insulting, or even if what he says is true.

He works deceitfully – Daniel 11:23 “He shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up and shall become strong with a small people” and “Through his cunning He shall cause deceit to prosper under His rule” Trumps deceptiveness was so pervasive that even his own attorneys testified they would only meet with him in pairs to prevent him from give them 2 different versions of the same story.

He understands dark sentences or sinister schemes – Daniel 8:23 “A king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up” He is a master of intrigue and machination, which is scheming or crafty action, to accomplish an evil end.

He attains the kingdom by flattery – Daniel 11:21 “And in His estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honor of the kingdom: but He shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries or smoothness, slipperiness, or fine promises (e.g. Mexico will pay for the wall). Scheming with a small group of people, American Nationalism, or Christian Nationalism, serves Trump in his quest to regain power to use as retribution upon his enemies.

He will amaze the world – Rev. 13:3 He steals headlines daily, by one outrageous comment after another

He will succeed in all that he does – Daniel 8:24 “His power will be great, but it will not be His own. He will cause terrible destruction [Covid mismanagement] and succeed in whatever He does [The Apprentice]. He will destroy the mighty men along with the holy people.” Trump has attained everything he wanted through devious means. The world considers him a great success. He will never stop until he regains power and takes revenge on his enemies.

On 3/30/2024 at 8:49 AM, Moontanman said:

I remember a quote that said that if a man rapes a woman, it's ok, all he needs to do is pay off the father and marry the girl, and take care of her for the rest of her life!

Edited by Airbrush

18 hours ago, Airbrush said:

Thanks for posting this!  Now I can post a few Bible verses I compiled that make Trump look like an Antichrist.  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck, errr an Antichrist!

ANTICHRIST:

He is called “the little horn.” – Daniel 7:8   The word “Trump” appears twice in the KJV bible as an abbreviation of “trumpet” or “little horn.”  The little horn has “the eyes of a man and boasts great things.”

He will come in his own name and be accepted - John 5:43

He has the mouth of a lion – Rev. 13:2

He is arrogant, shall exalt himself above others – Daniel 8:25

He is extremely boastful with a “mouth speaking great things” – Daniel 7:8

He will throw truth to the ground. – Daniel 8:12   (30,000 false or misleading statements while in office.)

He will deny the Father and the Son - 1 John 2:22   He said he does not seek God the Father's forgiveness, thus denying the need for God the Son as savior.  (BTW:  God the Father wanted his Son to suffer and die to please HIMSELF!  That is what a sacrifice is for, to please God the Father.)

He will be a vile person – Daniel 11:21

He will honor the God of Forces, and "a god his father knew not, he shall honor with gold, silver, precious stones, and other pleasant things.” – Daniel 11:38

He is connected to gold – Rev. 13:18   King Solomon became obsessed with gold and pagan gods during his later years.  Trump’s obsession with gold and “pleasant things” is comparable to King Solomon

He will have a “covenant with many for one week” – Daniel 9:27

He will disguise himself as an “angel of light” – 2 Corinthians 11:15   He masquerades as a force for good, and defender of Christian values, but in reality, defending only HIMSELF.

He is named “the Lawless One” – 2 Thessalonians 2:8 Trump considers himself to be above the law or a law unto himself. There are many examples of him skirting the law and able to avoid repercussions. He said “I have the right to do ANYTHING I want as president, but I don’t even talk about that." HE DID TALK ABOUT THAT!

He does as he pleases – Daniel 11:36 “Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt himself and boast against every god, and will speak dreadful things against the God of gods; and he will be successful until the indignation is finished” – Daniel 11:36 NASB He “shoots from the lip” not caring if he’s politically correct, or who he might be insulting, or even if what he says is true.

He works deceitfully – Daniel 11:23 “He shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up and shall become strong with a small people” and “Through his cunning He shall cause deceit to prosper under His rule” Trumps deceptiveness was so pervasive that even his own attorneys testified they would only meet with him in pairs to prevent him from give them 2 different versions of the same story.

He understands dark sentences or sinister schemes – Daniel 8:23 “A king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up” He is a master of intrigue and machination, which is scheming or crafty action, to accomplish an evil end.

He attains the kingdom by flattery – Daniel 11:21 “And in His estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honor of the kingdom: but He shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries or smoothness, slipperiness, or fine promises (e.g. Mexico will pay for the wall). Scheming with a small group of people, American Nationalism, or Christian Nationalism, serves Trump in his quest to regain power to use as retribution upon his enemies.

He will amaze the world – Rev. 13:3 He steals headlines daily, by one outrageous comment after another

He will succeed in all that he does – Daniel 8:24 “His power will be great, but it will not be His own. He will cause terrible destruction [Covid mismanagement] and succeed in whatever He does [The Apprentice]. He will destroy the mighty men along with the holy people.” Trump has attained everything he wanted through devious means. The world considers him a great success. He will never stop until he regains power and takes revenge on his enemies.

I remember a quote that said that if a man rapes a woman, it's ok, all he needs to do is pay off the father and marry the girl, and take care of her for the rest of her life!

I'm sorry but this is typical of the age we live in, the seventh'ish epoc of the age of nihilism, of which you're a part.

You're so busy finding fault's in the bible, you miss the relevant part's "it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to find heaven"; Trump isn't the antichrist, much like antigravity, there's no such thing.

Trump is 'our' product, just rejoice in the fact that he'll never be happy bc his locus of control is definitely external, and consentrate on your own; which is also mentioned in the bible, I don't know where exactly, TBH I don't care... 😉

Locus of control refers to the degree to which an individual feels a sense of agency in regard to his or her life. Someone with an internal locus of control will believe that the things that happen to them are greatly influenced by their own abilities, actions, or mistakes. A person with an external locus of control will tend to feel that other forces—such as random chance, environmental factors, or the actions of others—are more responsible for the events that occur in the individual's life.

Posted (edited)

One recent YouTube video about Trump’s ‘God Bless The USA’  bible that has gone viral in the last week or so is a factual review of the product by a man called Tim Wildsmith, a devout christian who actually reviews bibles for a living on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_6TVa7scKM

Tim Wildsmith makes the following points:

- This bible is advertised at $59.99, but actually costs $75 with tax and shipping.

- In his opinion a Walmart style bible like this should probably cost around $20.

- The website implies this bible is bound in real leather - but it’s actually bound in fake synthetic leather.

- The text used is the copyright free King James Version, but without any notes or cross-references.

- There is no copyright page or printer info - which usually means the bible was printed in China.

- The page stock is too thin, so you get substantial bleed-through of text from the other side.

- The gilt edge pages tend to stick together and tear easily.

Another well known political satirist called Tea Pain USA cites Tim Wildsmith’s review, and calls attention to a remarkable omission in the MAGA material found at the back of this Trump bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB32CR7Zc9s

Although the Trump bible contains a copy of The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, and The Pledge of Allegiance, it *doesn’t* include any of the amendments from the 11th through to the 27th. Tea Pain suggests that these conspicuously missing amendments provide a damning vade-mecum as to which parts of the US Constitution Trump and his fellow Christo-Nationalist Fascists would dearly like to expunge  - or at least pretend never to have existed - most especially:

12th Amendment  - “Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for the President…”

13th Amendment  - “Neither Slavery nor  involuntary servitude .. shall exist within the United States..”

14th Amendment  - “ No person shall… hold any office .... have engaged in insurrection or rebellion..”

15th Amendment  - “The right of citizens to vote shall not be denied … on account of race, color…”

19th Amendment  - The right of citizens  to vote shall not be denied… on account of sex…”

22nd Amendment - “ No person shall be elected to the office of President more than twice..”

Edited by toucana
corrected $59.99

2 hours ago, toucana said:

This bible is advertised at $59.99, but actually costs $75 with tax and shipping.

Just like with any other product.

- In his opinion a Walmart style bible like this should probably cost around $20.

Trump markup. That’s the point of this grift.

- The text used is the copyright free King James Version, but without any notes or cross-references.

- There is no copyright page or printer info - which usually means the bible was printed in China.

Or there is no copyright attached, which would be the case for the Bible.

- The page stock is too thin, so you get substantial bleed-through of text from the other side.

- The gilt edge pages tend to stick together and tear easily.

I’m shocked, shocked, that deceit is going on here. A scam? Involving Trump? The deuce, you say!  </s>

I personally find the title to line up well literally and metaphorically. Trump has literally raped people (and tbh I think we all suspect there is more than one victim of his on that front) and on the metaphorical front he raped the USA, is raping the wallets and pockets of his imbecilic followers, is raping the legal system and I bet @dimreepr would agree that now he's metaphorically raping the bible. 

This comment is in no way meant to trivialize the real act of rape; I'd never describe a garden variety bad experience as metaphorical rape, but when I think about all the things TFG has done, how many he has done it to and the malignant effect his public presence has on both the USA and political discourse everywhere in the past and to this day, can you blame me for describing it as a rape? On a personal level too I have watched as my own fathers political views have been warped and changed from someone who was very much a working class liberal, into someone who wants to shoot "wokeists" and calls the majority of Palestinians terrorists. 

I'd also argue that cult leaders especially could be thought of as mind rapists. Just my two cents really.

8 hours ago, MSC said:

I personally find the title to line up well literally and metaphorically. Trump has literally raped people (and tbh I think we all suspect there is more than one victim of his on that front) and on the metaphorical front he raped the USA, is raping the wallets and pockets of his imbecilic followers, is raping the legal system and I bet @dimreepr would agree that now he's metaphorically raping the bible. 

This comment is in no way meant to trivialize the real act of rape; I'd never describe a garden variety bad experience as metaphorical rape, but when I think about all the things TFG has done, how many he has done it to and the malignant effect his public presence has on both the USA and political discourse everywhere in the past and to this day, can you blame me for describing it as a rape? On a personal level too I have watched as my own fathers political views have been warped and changed from someone who was very much a working class liberal, into someone who wants to shoot "wokeists" and calls the majority of Palestinians terrorists. 

I'd also argue that cult leaders especially could be thought of as mind rapists. Just my two cents really.

Don't worry, the karma police have got him in their sights, I bet they're already twisting the metaphoric knife... 😉

BTW I don't think his followers are imbecilic, he's appealing to confused people because of very specious argument's, much like the screens we're all constantly glued to, so both literal and metaphor.

We 'all' have a bible that we believe, for many different reason's (including rapists), some are just better at interrogating what was meant when it was written and rapists just want to believe. 

42 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

BTW I don't think his followers are imbecilic, he's appealing to confused people because of very specious argument's, much like the screens we're all constantly glued to, so both literal and metaphor.

Fair enough, some of them definitely are but then imbeciles tend to defy demographics and you find them under every rock trying to squeeze water from it. I'm a pragmatic centrist who sees each issue of political policy as having it's own requirements for dealing with it effectively. If an issue requires a conservative approach it requires that, if it requires a liberal or a more middle ground approach, I'll support that. It really for me depends on what the scientific consensus is; however since I'm not the type to throw the baby out with the bathwater and the fact that I consider myself to be a true agnostic, I'm not ashamed to say that my views on politics are influenced a lot by one particular story from the abrahamic religions, of which i prefer the islamic version, which is the story of the prophet Joseph. Egypt conserved during a time of plenty and then supported it's peoples through a time of famine. 

31 minutes ago, MSC said:

I'm a pragmatic centrist who sees each issue of political policy as having it's own requirements for dealing with it effectively.

I'm a realist, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always win...

But let's get this lot out... 😉