Non-Whites and STDs

CamSpdr

It's a fact that the world's non-white population carry the most STDs.

Why?

In the days of Pokémon Cards (aerodactyl, and so forth), STDs never crossed my mind, but now Non-Whites are populating at an ever fast rate, and STDs are on my mind.

Why do STDs occur mostly in Non-Whites?

It's a fact that the world's non-white population carry the most STDs.

Why?

In the days of Pokémon Cards (aerodactyl, and so forth), STDs never crossed my mind, but now Non-Whites are populating at an ever fast rate, and STDs are on my mind.

Why do STDs occur mostly in Non-Whites?

Simply because of places such as Africa, where access to things like condoms, sex ed, and basic hygiene are much harder to come by.

No, this is typical politically correct, censor the news that don't fit in with your 'progressive' world view.

A simple google search of 'STD in non whites' brings up the CDC results for racial and ethnic minorities for 2015 and 2014 in the US.

And they are elevated.

The reasons are many, ranging from lack of education to reduced access to medical services.

Denying the problem exists is a very good way to deny helping the people who need it most.

cross posted with the others.

Edited by MigL

Can you please explain the "racist bullshit" part?

The tone or motivation of the post has racist undertones. Which will, no doubt, come to light as the discussion ensues, for the benefit of those a bit a slow with the empathy.:P

....but now Non-Whites are populating at an ever fast rate,

The highlighted has white supremacist connotations.

Give a little help to the non whites who populate white land and advise homeward bound.

You know, even our Lounge is pretty science-based. Are you sure you have the right site? You don't seem like a person using rational arguments.

What about all the whites that populate non-white land as is the case with most of North America?

Yep, they've only been there 400 years since the first white settlement in 1607.

The first colony was founded at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1607. Many of the people who settled in the New World came to escape religious persecution.

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/jb/colonial/jb_colonial_subj.html

Give a little help to the non whites who populate white land and advise homeward bound.

As my mother would have said, "this is why we can't have nice things".

You give someone a nice benefit of the doubt and they shit all over it.

Are there studies standardises for anything (well maybe not everything but at least income and other obvious Third World v. First World differences) but skin colour? If so - what I'd doubt - then I'd love to see the results of those studies and I'd love to witness that STDs occur evenly in all races.

There's "white land"? News to me.

Can you please explain the "racist bullshit" part?

Maybe it was a demonstration of precognition.

That reminds me of the "Barney Miller" television program episode in which a character, after a heated exchange, yells at "Nick Yemana" played by actor Jack Soo) "go back where you came from". His puzzled response is "Pittsburgh?".

No, this is typical politically correct, censor the news that don't fit in with your 'progressive' world view.

A simple google search of 'STD in non whites' brings up the CDC results for racial and ethnic minorities for 2015 and 2014 in the US.

And they are elevated.

The reasons are many, ranging from lack of education to reduced access to medical services.

Denying the problem exists is a very good way to deny helping the people who need it most.

cross posted with the others.

As it turned out from the follow-up, it was quite clear that the poster in question was concentrating on the ethnicity part. As you know, minorities with better access to the factors you mentioned had far lower rates (including whites). While some may be overly sensitive, there are some phrases that are so often used by certain jerks that it makes their motives dubious at least.

Are there studies standardises for anything (well maybe not everything but at least income and other obvious Third World v. First World differences) but skin colour? If so - what I'd doubt - then I'd love to see the results of those studies and I'd love to witness that STDs occur evenly in all races.

You do not need to look for other countries, especially as cross-country comparisons are very difficult. There are many studies on the US populations looking at a host of contributing factors.

Obviously, access to health care is a huge issue, and there is emerging data in areas where planned parenthood or similar organizations are being defunded (indicating a strong correlation with income), but there are also other factors such as e.g. religious reasons not to use protection, a couple of studies have looked at gender imbalance in certain groups. There groups in which high-risk social behaviour is more common (the concept of sexual networks is often applied here), substance abuse etc.

Many things, such as the mentioned access to health care or sexual education act as an amplifier to many of these cases (even if it is just as simple as not having to share needles). But there are also demographic aspects to consider. For example, younger people are far more likely to carry STDs.

The point is, however, is that there are so many risk factors that an even comparison will be highly problematic for an analysis on a global scale, especially with a diverse propulations such as the USA. Moreover, there are a lot of people who start looking at elements such as sexual networks to make more accurate prediction. The assumption here is that people in a high-risk network do not actually need to engage in risky behaviour themselves. They could have a monogamous relationship, for example, but if their partner has or is engaging in risky behaviour, they become part of that network. Population-wide it means that if part of a social network extends to high-risk groups (which may include low-income groups) then the risk is higher. Due to the population structure in the US, this is not easy or maybe even possible to disentangle fully from ethnicity.

There's "white land"? News to me.

If by ''white land'' he means countries populated exclusively by white people with almost no other races, then of course there is.

The same way that many countries in Africa are ''black land''.

I'm not saying I support his point, I'm just wondering why you are saying that.

If by ''white land'' he means countries populated exclusively by white people with almost no other races, then of course there is.

The same way that many countries in Africa are ''black land''.

I'm not saying I support his point, I'm just wondering why you are saying that.

He seemed to be suggesting that there was land that whites exclusively were entitled to inhabit, while people of color were not, based upon the color of their skin.

I was also unaware of such land.