The 'new' Swansont

MigL

• 6 months later...

I will probably go back eventually. But we were battling caricatures of evil geniuses, so it felt more like Powers than Bond.

I've gone in another direction. It's been suggested that using a sexy avatar will garner me undeserved extra reputation, so I'm checking that out.

Sure, you may get a few rep points, but at the cost of playing patty-cake with every crackpot who flashes his big ears?

Yes, it looks to me Swansont wants to diminish as much as possible the impact of his avatar in order to see whether his comments are enough for convincing.

He began the experiment when switching from 007 to Austin Powers. Now he goes even deeper.

Yes, it looks to me Swansont wants to diminish as much as possible the impact of his avatar in order to see whether his comments are enough for convincing.

He began the experiment when switching from 007 to Austin Powers. Now he goes even deeper.

Actually, this is one of the few times where swansont gets to change his avatar without bowing to some imagined objection. I think he only kept the Connery avatar for so long because there were those who objected to it for silly reasons. "You obviously want to shoot me for posting my ideas!"

Actually, this is one of the few times where swansont gets to change his avatar without bowing to some imagined objection. I think he only kept the Connery avatar for so long because there were those who objected to it for silly reasons. "You obviously want to shoot me for posting my ideas!"

On the nose. Some may not know that in one instance, multiple staff members temporarily changed their avatars to ones wielding some kind of weapon, after a particularly silly objection along those lines.

Jessica rabbit, although extremely asthetically pleasing to the senses is a wee bit too obvious and sultry. My pixel girl crush would have to be Daphne Blake who is a delightful mixture of intelligence and sophistication and leaves just enough for the imagination.

I'm glad I wasn't around for Swansont's Connery avatar, he was my least favourite Bond. I'm not a Scottishist, I would just prefer not being slapped around once rescued.

Jessica rabbit, although extremely asthetically pleasing to the senses is a wee bit too obvious and sultry. My pixel girl crush would have to be Daphne Blake who is a delightful mixture of intelligence and sophistication and leaves just enough for the imagination.

I'm glad I wasn't around for Swansont's Connery avatar, he was my least favourite Bond. I'm not a Scottishist, I would just prefer not being slapped around once rescued.

An unappealing Bond perhaps - but a perfect fit for the character from the books. And the only one till Daniel Craig that actually looked like a (wrong side of) borderline psychopath.

An unappealing Bond perhaps - but a perfect fit for the character from the books. And the only one till Daniel Craig that actually looked like a (wrong side of) borderline psychopath.

I love Daniel Craig's Bond, but I think if he were to try slapping Jessica Rabbit around, he'd sing a different toon. Probably in a higher voice.

I would say that Connery is slightly more interesting as he has an odd kind of charm to his lunacy, whereas Craig just seems the usual kind of violent psychopath. In that context I should add that I think a good character does not have to be appealing or likable on a personal level. In fact, sometimes quite the opposite works better.

Edited by CharonY

Some avatar of a real woman that fits Jessica Rabbit's visual message would be a perfect test subject because she is alluring and sultry, without being overtly sexual in a tasteless way. With Daphne Blake, although she is attractive, she doesn't have the former attributes which need to be clearly apparent for such a test, I think. I think Daphne would gain reps mainly on intellectual merit if she were an SFN member. To be honest, even if SFN male members were so shallow, it wouldn't persist for long if the brain didn't match the beauty. Physical beauty is like wallpaper, it soon peels off.

Edit: I take it all back,,, check out the avatar.

Edited by StringJunky

Some avatar of a real woman that fits Jessica Rabbit's visual message would be a perfect test subject because she is alluring and sultry, without being overtly sexual in a tasteless way. With Daphne Blake, although she is attractive, she doesn't have the former attributes which need to be clearly apparent for such a test, I think. I think Daphne would gain reps mainly on intellectual merit if she were an SFN member. To be honest, even if SFN male members were so shallow, it wouldn't persist for long if the brain didn't match the beauty. Physical beauty is like wallpaper, it soon peels off.

Edit: I take it all back,,, check out the avatar.

That avatar is cut too low to receive only intellectual merit, Junky!

Maybe if I move my camera back a little in my next picture 1/2 my posts will receive a rep instead of 1/3 :P

I love Daniel Craig's Bond, but I think if he were to try slapping Jessica Rabbit around, he'd sing a different toon. Probably in a higher voice.

She's out of his league!

Some avatar of a real woman that fits Jessica Rabbit's visual message would be a perfect test subject because she is alluring and sultry, without being overtly sexual in a tasteless way.

I think she was modelled on Veronica Lake (if anyone wants to test the hypothesis).