Famous member catchphrases

Silvestru

Hello forum,

I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I just wanted to look back at the fun aspect of this forum and many times that is caused by specific members either on purpose or not.

One recently fun occurrence on the forum is how Sherado has threatened to put more people on his ignore list than I had bad days.

Other members like Handy Andy and Roger Dynamic Motion have very original Ideas which sometimes cause amusement especially when a serious member who is ready to talk about facts and science comes back after their post with sentences like:  "And now back in the world of science:"

Another gold nugget is from a member that refused to listen to rational advice and kept repeating his opinion for days without bringing any argument/proof and finally posting:

Doctordick: My biggest problem is the absolute ignorance of the others who post here.

Anyway, it's all in good fun and I know I posted a lot of dumb stuff as well that's not even funny so I hope not to offend anyone. Do you have any favorite forum moments? members?

1 hour ago, Silvestru said:

One recently fun occurrence on the forum is how Sherado has threatened to put more people on his ignore list than I had bad days

"We teach people how to treat us." -Gary Nichols

Who is "Sherado?"

Which catchphrase did I make famous? I'm only asking...

Edited by scherado

3 minutes ago, scherado said:

Well for me you are famous for putting people on your ignore list. I made a short compendium with different ignore list comments from you below:

Do you want to go onto my ignore list? Are you applying for a slot?

Are you serious? Read and comprehend the first sentence in the OP, then reconsider, please. My question requires one to know the nature of 'time'. Do you want to be the first person on my ignore list? Do you understand that question?

Let's see what happens when I type your name in the entry field on the ignore page....there we go. 

I am the arbiter of what points are relevant to ME; YOU are the arbiter of YOURS--I can't believe I had TO TYPE THAT SENTENCE. Unbleeping believable!!!! One more time and you go onto my ignore list for my health..

(I forgot about the one not permitted to be added to my ignore list--for some preposterous reason.)

If you have a dispute with my simple request, then I will respond. If you can't handle the simple, civil request, then I insist the you put me on your ignore list.

Do you want to reconsider the text I highlighted in red? I will inform you in advance--for your information and nothing more--that your reply to this question will determine whether you will be added to my ignore list.

I just read the entire post which I quoted. I decided to put you onto my ignore list when I read the last sentence. I will explain to anyone who is interested.

4 hours ago, Silvestru said:

Well for me you are famous for putting people on your ignore list. I made a short compendium with different ignore list comments from you below:

[quotes with no hyperlink to threads]

I was going to compliment you, but I--and everyone--can't find the posts of origin. They may be accurate, the may not be accurate: nobody will do anything more than click a convenient link, if they desire. You DON'T provide that.

In each post, right-click the "Report Post <" link and choose "Copy Link Location" and place it after the "=" in the {url=}{/url} bbcode tags.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Silvestru said:
5 hours ago, scherado said:

Do you want to go onto my ignore list? Are you applying for a slot?

Are you serious? Read and comprehend the first sentence in the OP, then reconsider, please. My question requires one to know the nature of 'time'. Do you want to be the first person on my ignore list? Do you understand that question?

Let's see what happens when I type your name in the entry field on the ignore page....there we go. 

I am the arbiter of what points are relevant to ME; YOU are the arbiter of YOURS--I can't believe I had TO TYPE THAT SENTENCE. Unbleeping believable!!!! One more time and you go onto my ignore list for my health..

(I forgot about the one not permitted to be added to my ignore list--for some preposterous reason.)

If you have a dispute with my simple request, then I will respond. If you can't handle the simple, civil request, then I insist the you put me on your ignore list.

Do you want to reconsider the text I highlighted in red? I will inform you in advance--for your information and nothing more--that your reply to this question will determine whether you will be added to my ignore list.

I just read the entire post which I quoted. I decided to put you onto my ignore list when I read the last sentence. I will explain to anyone who is intereste

On second thought, that-this kind of thing is usually not permitted on a forum and I've been on many. Do you want me to list them? How is it that this is permitted here? I looked through the guidelines before I wrote this post.

Edited by scherado

The banned users thread has some great put downs ...

vampares` has been banned as a sockpuppet of vampares. I don't know how we figured it out, but we did.

Dekan has been suspended for 2 weeks. Apparently his cool male strategic reasoning didn't help him to remember that we have rules prohibiting sexist (and incorrect) remarks such as his. 

Earlier today, while I was in between making sandwiches, doing the dishes and pining over strong males that might make my abdomen swell and save me from predators,* I found myself here to observe the proud displays of the mighty SFN males in all of their glory. One particular post really caught my eye, but my poor, feeble female brain was too concerned with squawking at my fellow sandwich-makers to be able to make any sense of it. I reported it to some men to do the real thinking and basically, Dekan, oh dominant one, we think your attitude sucks and you're going on a forced holiday for a week.

tl;dr: Dekan just got himself suspended for a week by a girl.

3 hours ago, scherado said:

I was going to compliment you, but I--and everyone--can't find the posts of origin. They may be accurate, the may not be accurate: nobody will do anything more than click a convenient link, if they desire. You DON'T provide that.

In each post, right-click the "Report Post <" link and choose "Copy Link Location" and place it after the "=" in the {url=}{/url} bbcode tags.

Thanks in advance.

On second thought, that-this kind of thing is usually not permitted on a forum and I've been on many. Do you want me to list them? How is it that this is permitted here? I looked through the guidelines before I wrote this post.

Don't worry about it scherado. Just ignore him.

5 hours ago, zapatos said:

Don't worry about it scherado. Just ignore him.

2 hours ago, Area54 said:

Damn you sir. You've stolen my thunder. I'll just have to accuse you of infantile obviousness.

Hmm. After a little thought, yes. Congratulations! You are the only one to be added to the list today!

You'll both be left to determine for yourselves which name made New Kid On The Block (list)®™

Now, that's a useful actual catchphrase.

14 hours ago, scherado said:

Glad you've read the rules you agreed to on registering. If you feel a post is breaking the rules please report it. 

1 hour ago, Roamer said:

Area54 said:
"People are animals. Most of them never get over it. Perhaps you should."

What should one do with this? What I mean is what should I do with the information that people, being mammals in many ways similar to other mammals, eat, sleep, reproduce like other "animals?"

4 minutes ago, scherado said:

What should one do with this? What I mean is what should I do with the information that people, being mammals in many ways similar to other mammals, eat, sleep, reproduce like other "animals?"

You should raise the matter in a thread where discussion of the phrase is relevant and not pollute Silvestru's lighthearted thread.

Silvestru, my apologies for adding to the pollution.

Definitely the banned user thread has gems It's why go through it sometimes.

Of course it's a serious forum Sherado but people like to have a laugh from time to time especially in the Lounge section. 

Strange has some great put downs (too many to even quote) and after someone confidently posts some crackpot theory with 0 math, logic or common sense behind it, Strange is usually the first one to disprove this brainfart theory usually in a comical manner. Makes you wonder how he is always first at the scene of the crime...

I have a few favourate forum moments/posters. I do recall one of my own...the time when I drunkenly wrote a poem for „Tommy the numerologist” This worked well. There were times when I tripped or even fell here and there myself with the help of a couple forum members but as for crackpots „Tommy” stuck with me with his Nobel prize claims on his exceptional numerology work.