Who do you think Trump will strike with?

NimrodTheGoat

If Clinton had beef with Taliban, Bush with Al Qaeda, and Obama with ISIS, which group do you think Trump will start something with? And with 'something' I mean 'sending troops into another country because it is necessary for the protection of the U.S'. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Trump will start something with Mexico.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-trump-20170201-story.html This whole ordeal seems fishy and looks like a sham. Who knows, what are your thoughts?

If Clinton had beef with Taliban, Bush with Al Qaeda, and Obama with ISIS, which group do you think Trump will start something with? ordeal seems fishy and looks like a sham. Who knows, what are your thoughts?

US citizens with an education

If Clinton had beef with Taliban, Bush with Al Qaeda, and Obama with ISIS, which group do you think Trump will start something with? And with 'something' I mean 'sending troops into another country because it is necessary for the protection of the U.S'. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Trump will start something with Mexico.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-trump-20170201-story.html This whole ordeal seems fishy and looks like a sham. Who knows, what are your thoughts?

I believe he will have a naval conflict with China and also land Troops into North Korea. Mexico is off the table unless they attack which will never happen.

I don't think that is true. Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and they are still there.

That's true that high profile generals have plans to attack, or defend against, any imaginable enemy.. But I was talking about ordinary people..

So, US generals also must have ready plans to attack Mexico, on their the most secretive shelf..

Connection between Ukrainians and Russians could be compared to connection between New Yorkers and Los Angels people...

Ukraine used to be part of USSR for half century..

Previously the were part of Poland since XV century (up to 1794 year)..

Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and they are still there.

That's true. But attack on Georgia, and attack on Ukraine, are separate events..

Unless you suggest they are connected, larger plan that's ongoing for at least 10-20 years.. ?

Then if you're so well informed, tell us in advance what will be the next target.. ?

Georgia used to be country in ancient Rome times..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Georgia

While Ukraine is called "sessional country", according to history book I am reading right now..

(in comparison to eternity, every human made country, is just sessional)

Edited by Sensei

That's true that high profile generals have plans to attack, or defend against, any imaginable enemy.. But I was talking about ordinary people..

I am talking about ordinary people too. When your fellow citizens are are dying in Georgia in a war your country started, it is not hard to imagine that your country might start a war elsewhere (such as Ukraine).

So, US generals also must have ready plans to attack Mexico, on their the most secretive shelf..

They do? Wow.

Connection between Ukrainians and Russians could be compared to connection between New Yorkers and Los Angels people...

Ukraine used to be part of USSR for half century..

Previously the were part of Poland since XV century (up to 1794 year)..

Good to know. Why are you telling me that? Are you suggesting that New York may attack Los Angeles?

That's true. But attack on Georgia, and attack on Ukraine, are separate events..

Unless you suggest they are connected, larger plan that's ongoing for at least 10-20 years.. ?

Yes, they are connected. They are both previous Soviet states, they both talked of joining NATO, Putin threatened to annex both, Putin started war with both.

Then if you're so well informed, tell us in advance what will be the next target.. ?

Don't be asinine.

Trump loves conflict with anyone handy. He likes to insult people then pretend like he never insulted them and he invites them to dinner the way he did with Ted Cruz. He will start a fight with anyone or any group of people just for the fun of it, because he gets more power and a rush from it. For example, the can start a conflict, then he can declare martial law and take away our freedoms like his friend Putin did in Russia.

Edited by Airbrush

Re Georgia, I don't think the Russians invaded - they were invited by the South Ossetians who asked them for help because they were being attacked by the Georgians.. anyway - it's over now. The whole media coverage of the events were very biased against the Russians. Which make me sceptical of the actual causes of the troubles in the Ukraine. I never know what to believe when I hear reports of Russian aggression.

Edited by DrP

Re Georgia, I don't think the Russians invaded - they were invited by the South Ossetians who asked them for help because they were being attacked by the Georgians..

That's sort of like Cliven Bundy inviting foreign troops into Nevada to help fight the Feds.

Edited by zapatos

Not sure it's the same. But I get your point. The Ossetians though were a whole people and they asked for help. They thanked Russia afterwards. Lets not go Russia bashing for the sake of it, there is enough 'fake news' and propaganda about as there is. If there were civil wars on the border of the USA you can't tell me America would sit by without picking a side. Hey, they pick sides and join in in wars all around the globe as it is, even when they are on the other side of the planet, so I think it is a bit harsh judging the Russians for stepping into conflicts taking place on their border. It just seems that whatever they do they get branded as evil - I see this as propaganda.

Well, the Ossetian separatists asked for help. It's not as if they spoke for everyone in that area. They were not elected.

The Americans choosing to enter into conflicts has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the Russian intervention in Georgia is justified. You cannot justify their actions by saying "well, the Americans did it too!". Their actions, as well as American actions, stand on their own. What you are doing is the equivalent of saying I cannot criticize one person for murder because someone else committed murder too.

It is also unfair to label everything as propaganda just because they are called 'evil' for certain of their actions. If they do something that is evil, it is not propaganda to call them evil for that action.

Let's not start being Russia apologists just for the sake of it. Frankly I'm tired of hearing the fake news about how wonderful they are, especially from some of our elected leaders in the US.

OK zap - I hear all that - but I am not convinced the situation in Georgia was as easily defined as one side good the other evil - it was complicated and I am not convinced anyone outside of the area knows exactly what went on. The Russian government decided they should step in as the conflict was on their border - I do not blame them.

Also, I never labelled 'everything' as propaganda... I said to be wary of all the negatives you hear about Russia. Neither did I justify what they did by saying 'the Americans did it too'. I just said that it was complicated and that they aren't the only ones in the world making mistakes... although I am still not convinced Georgia was a mistake for them. They got a lot of stick for bombing a hospital in Syria.... but there is no mention of the British or American bombs that have killed many civilians in the conflict. It is really transparent and it is failing. I am pretty certain they would not have intentionally targeted a hospital.... unless it was full of combatants using the place as a shield or something.

Regarding how 'wonderful' they are according to your politicians and you news networks, that doesn't concern me really - you elected the leaders in your country and you'll have to live with their ideals and the filters they put on your news. It would be nice to know the actual facts, but I do not know if you will be free to hear them if your leader has his way and starts censoring everything and only releasing 'news' that he wants you to hear. We have had Russian war planes buzzing through our space in the last few years - testing us out for whatever reason, pushing to see what they can get away with. Are their motives evil? How should I know - they probably think you are evil for being against them and causing regime changes and destabilising many governments. Why are you against them? Cold war on communism was it? I thought that was over and you won.

Hey - sorry - I am dragging on and I don't want to derail the thread. Maybe I am just waffling, but I take a lot of world news with a pinch of salt these days. Honestly, I am on your side. ;-) They have been responsible for a lot of confusion recently, which I think they have done deliberately to cause uncertainty.

Have to agree with Zapatos, like and trust the Russian people, ddislike and distrust V Putin.

As to the OP, D Trump better not set his sights on Canada.

Remember how we 'smoked' you guys last time, 205 yrs ago ?

( what do you mean, we have NO armed forces and the longest undefended border in the world )

Have to agree with Zapatos, like and trust the Russian people, ddislike and distrust V Putin.

As to the OP, D Trump better not set his sights on Canada.

Remember how we 'smoked' you guys last time, 205 yrs ago ?

( what do you mean, we have NO armed forces and the longest undefended border in the world )

Not sure why you got neg rep for that post. Seems people no longer have a sense of humor.

Not sure why you got neg rep for that post. Seems people no longer have a sense of humor.

I got a neg on mine, too. It's too bad so many people are walking around with sticks up their ass

!

Moderator Note

Disgruntled non-participant, seemingly on a drive-by for all un-American attitudes. It looks like the membership is doing the right thing and correcting this specific use of the system.

I decided to click on one of these politicial threads to see if I was right for avoiding them. I was.

Seriously, war with Mexico? How is this different from crakpottery? As I understand it, the others members somehow think he will destroy the world (or the U.S.) in some way or another as well. 4 years will pass, nothing important will happen, there will be a new president and 60% of threads on SFN will die down. Seriously, the world isn't as interesting as these conspiracy theories claim it to be. Trump somehow violently strikes a nerve with SFN users.

Also, how is it appropriate that a mod gives modnotes for his subjective, biased opinions? So only a disgruntled asshole could disagree with you and give you a downvote? I would be offended if I were the person downvoting. Sorry Phi, but this is an objective observation.

So only a disgruntled asshole could disagree with you and give you a downvote? I would be offended if I were the person downvoting. Sorry Phi, but this is an objective observation.

If you are going to tell us how things really are, please get the story straight. Phi said "disgruntled non-participant", not "disgruntled asshole".

And no one suggested that only disgruntled assholes might disagree with any of us. It was suggested a person must be disgruntled to take offense at an obvious attempt at humor, whether they found it funny or not.

Any more "objective" observations for us? Maybe you should look in the mirror before calling others biased. Sorry Lord, but this is my objective observation.

Also, how is it appropriate that a mod gives modnotes for his subjective, biased opinions?

!

Moderator Note

I know who gave the points, so it's not subjective. Nor is it mere opinion, since many have agreed that the negative points were unjustified. This isn't the only thread affected.

I mentioned it because it's part of my position to help discussions progress. I saw that the negative rep might lead to unreasonable responses, so I wanted to let folks know it was a drive-by, and not from someone involved.

Thank you for stopping by Politics, your lordship, and giving your criticism of something in which you don't normally participate.

It is also funny as most posters disregarded the possibility of a military conflict with Mexico and the thread pretty much took a detour to Georgia. That being said, Trump has pledged to expand military spending (apparently against recommendations from the military), loosened the rules for drone strikes, given CIA the ability to perform their own strikes and has expanded involvement in Yemen off the top of my head. Of course it is not a destruction of the world (but then no one argued that), but at minimum it seems to be a reversal of at least a part of the things he said (but then he was considering nukes, so it is hard to tell).

Forgot to add that he also sent more troops to Syria (special forces, and limited additional support, IIRC).

Edited by CharonY