Donald Trump

dimreepr

After Trump loses this election, his base will be hooked on Trump for life through Trump TV.

For such a megalomaniac, Trump's taste for nearly constant attention for the past year is something Trump is now addicted to more than being on The Apprentice. Trump is obsessive about attention and approval. He will not be able to live without being in the news constantly. Thankfully he will not be president, but he will dedicate himself to making hell of a Clinton administration, as much as he can.

Edited by Airbrush

After Trump loses this election, his base will be hooked on Trump for life through Trump TV.

For such a megalomaniac, Trump's taste for nearly constant attention for the past year is something Trump is now addicted to more than being on The Apprentice. Trump is obsessive about attention and approval. He will not be able to live without being in the news constantly. Thankfully he will not be president, but he will dedicate himself to making hell of a Clinton administration, as much as he can.

I disagree. From Sarah Palin to Genn Beck or Newt Gingrich to Pat Buchanan the right wing conservative base has a history of jumping on bandwagons. They will find a new shiny thing by the mid-terms in 2018.

I honest believe they (trump supporters) never believed they'd with the white house. For them victory was in venting their fustrations and proving to the rest of us they really would hold their breath till they passed out. Trump said he'd deport millions of latinos and build a wall, bad muslims from entering the country, nationalize stop and frisk in balck communities to fix race relations, put a legal penalty in place for abortion, and told Clinton to her face he'd work to put her in jail. All of that for the far right has been every bit rewarding as any election victory could ever be. They don't actually care about governance. That just wanted the chance to soil the process and insult those who they disagree with and Trump has given them that; mission accomplished.

Do you think Trump will give up, roll over and play dead, just because he loses the election? You think he will not try to insert himself into the political process at every opportunity? Trump TV is coming. His narrow die-hard core supporters will continue to listen to his rants for the rest of his life, and build a shrine to worship him at around his grave.

Do you think Trump will give up, roll over and play dead, just because he loses the election? You think he will not try to insert himself into the political process at every opportunity? Trump TV is coming. His narrow die-hard core supporters will continue to listen to his rants for the rest of his life, and build a shrine to worship him at around his grave.

He will try. All the people I mentioned have tried. Election seasons, for some, are very intoxicating. In the moment partisans will defend anything and are often whipped in a fenzy. Millions cried in 2012 that if Obama was re-elected obamacare (Affordable Care Act) would destory our economy and lead to death panels. 4yrs later Obama is leaving office as one of the most popular Presidents ever. Once Trump loses and the hangover punds in people won't be so eager to line up behind him.

He will try. All the people I mentioned have tried. Election seasons, for some, are very intoxicating. In the moment partisans will defend anything and are often whipped in a fenzy. Millions cried in 2012 that if Obama was re-elected obamacare (Affordable Care Act) would destory our economy and lead to death panels. 4yrs later Obama is leaving office as one of the most popular Presidents ever. Once Trump loses and the hangover punds in people won't be so eager to line up behind him.

Or, since he's given some life to the deplorables, they will remain emboldened, and there for the next joker to tap into. Someone who displays less overt buffoonery.

I disagree. From Sarah Palin to Genn Beck or Newt Gingrich to Pat Buchanan the right wing conservative base has a history of jumping on bandwagons. They will find a new shiny thing by the mid-terms in 2018.

I honest believe they (trump supporters) never believed they'd with the white house. For them victory was in venting their fustrations and proving to the rest of us they really would hold their breath till they passed out. Trump said he'd deport millions of latinos and build a wall, bad muslims from entering the country, nationalize stop and frisk in balck communities to fix race relations, put a legal penalty in place for abortion, and told Clinton to her face he'd work to put her in jail. All of that for the far right has been every bit rewarding as any election victory could ever be. They don't actually care about governance. That just wanted the chance to soil the process and insult those who they disagree with and Trump has given them that; mission accomplished.

The way many of them talk, they believe they will win, and have no clue what others are objecting to. They think the recent brouhaha is about bragging about sex, and not about sexual assault. i.e. they think it's the words, and not the actions described, that people are objecting to. They leap at almost every conspiracy theory that comes along. I don't think they have the clarity of vision that you are attributing to them.

1 - Or, since he's given some life to the deplorables, they will remain emboldened, and there for the next joker to tap into. Someone who displays less overt buffoonery.

2 - The way many of them talk, they believe they will win, and have no clue what others are objecting to. They think the recent brouhaha is about bragging about sex, and not about sexual assault. i.e. they think it's the words, and not the actions described, that people are objecting to. They leap at almost every conspiracy theory that comes along. I don't think they have the clarity of vision that you are attributing to them.

1 - I agree 100%. They will be fired up and ready to go for the 2018 mid terms. However they will morph between now and then. Trump will not remain as their leader just as Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck couldn't keep hold of their Tea Party leadership. From George Wallace to Pat Buchanan to Trump and all the various leaders between the racist right wing fringe is constantly re-window dressing the shop.

2 - I disagree. It is just sport. Doesn't matter how terrible a certian sports team is there are always die hard fans that say "this is our year". They don't believe it much as they feel the confident show of support is their duty as a fan. In reality many of those "this is our year" fans would be perfectly satisfied if their team just made it to playoff talk or are had a few noteworthy wins. Same way in the original Rocky and the most recent one (Creed) thre was victory in just making it all 12 rounds without being knocked. They say Trump can win be the reality is they just want Trump finish and get in a few kicks along the way.

The above sports analogy I think uniquely embodies Trump supporters but they are so predominantly working class white males. They are the majority of the viewership for UFC, Football, Baseball, NASCAR, and etc. At a Trump rally one sees exactly the same sort of us vs them, we're going to kick their butt, today is our day sort of trash talking one would expect from a drunken crowd in a sports arena

I think the Republicans will have a little ( actually quite a bit ) of re-building to do after D. Trump is given the heave-ho in the election.

The division within the party between the idiots who still support D. Trump and the others who are loudly ( and sensibly ) talking of dumping him, won't be healed quietly nor quickly. The only problem with replacing him is, with which other idiot ?

With the exception of a few, the party of Lincoln deserves better than its current membership.

The fundamental problem for the Republicans is that they didn't notice that he's a disaster because they actually agree with much of what he says.

It's not as if immigration control, or tax breaks for the rich while cutting funding for those in genuine need are anything but standard Republican policy. It's just that when Trump gets (ironically) a bit more honest than most and highlights this, the policies look stupid.

The Republicans have to recognise that Trump isn't actually making their policies look bad; the policies are bad.

I can't see how they can get round that.

At this point, I think D. Trump could make the policies of Mother Theresa look bad.

She doesn't need his help on that score, but it's another story.

The point is that it's very difficult to make the rank + file republican policies look good.

The way to do it certainly isn't to tell the truth about them, and that's what Trump's done.

Edited by John Cuthber

I think the Republicans will have a little ( actually quite a bit ) of re-building to do after D. Trump is given the heave-ho in the election.

The division within the party between the idiots who still support D. Trump and the others who are loudly ( and sensibly ) talking of dumping him, won't be healed quietly nor quickly. The only problem with replacing him is, with which other idiot ?

With the exception of a few, the party of Lincoln deserves better than its current membership.

They have needed to rebuild since Bush and refused to. Centrist Republicans who care about policy wanted to shift in 08' but the fringe right in the party staged a coup after ahead of the 2010 midterms with the Tea-Party. With a burn it to the ground rather than give it up the Tea-Party sought to oust any Republican not loyal to the cause. Trump in many ways appears to by the next progression of that coup. Failure to instal their leader in the white house won't end it. They still have too much power in congress. Hard to tell where it goes from here. If I had to guess I assume the far right will take no prisoners in the 2018 mid-term elections and if they can get enough seats with launch a campaign to impeach Hillary Clinton. Something many regret they didn't do with Obama.

... to impeach Hillary Clinton.

Wouldn't they need evidence of a crime of some sort?

If they have that, why wait for the election? Why not just launch the court case?

(Obviously, if they think a crime has been committed, they have a moral obligation to ensure that it's investigated at the first opportunity)

Edited by John Cuthber

Wouldn't they need evidence of a crime of some sort?

If they have that, why wait for the election? Why not just launch the court case?

(Obviously, if they think a crime has been committed, they have a moral obligation to ensure that it's investigated at the first opportunity)

The House doesn't need permission from a court to hold an impreachment vote. Several members of the House floated impeaching Obama on several occassions but were able to whip up enough support. The Senate holds the power to try a President for a crime and convict them but the House can still hold a vote. Bill Clinton was impeached by the House but the Senate fail to convict him. Bill Clinton is an example of an impeached President who was not convicted of an impeachable offense as outline in the Constitution's Article 2.

I had lunch with a gentleman during the International Astronautics Congress a couple of weeks ago. He's one of the ten former Air Force nuclear launch officers who signed an open letter saying Trump should NEVER have access to the codes.

Their training is aimed at preventing angry, aggressive, uninformed, out-of-control leadership from getting near the buttons. It's not a situation for impulsive, rash, emotional behavior.

1 - I agree 100%. They will be fired up and ready to go for the 2018 mid terms. However they will morph between now and then. Trump will not remain as their leader just as Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck couldn't keep hold of their Tea Party leadership. From George Wallace to Pat Buchanan to Trump and all the various leaders between the racist right wing fringe is constantly re-window dressing the shop.

2 - I disagree. It is just sport. Doesn't matter how terrible a certian sports team is there are always die hard fans that say "this is our year". They don't believe it much as they feel the confident show of support is their duty as a fan. In reality many of those "this is our year" fans would be perfectly satisfied if their team just made it to playoff talk or are had a few noteworthy wins. Same way in the original Rocky and the most recent one (Creed) thre was victory in just making it all 12 rounds without being knocked. They say Trump can win be the reality is they just want Trump finish and get in a few kicks along the way.

The above sports analogy I think uniquely embodies Trump supporters but they are so predominantly working class white males. They are the majority of the viewership for UFC, Football, Baseball, NASCAR, and etc. At a Trump rally one sees exactly the same sort of us vs them, we're going to kick their butt, today is our day sort of trash talking one would expect from a drunken crowd in a sports arena

This doesn't sound like sport to me

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/10/15/donald-trump-warnings-conspiracy-rig-election-are-stoking-anger-among-his-followers/LcCY6e0QOcfH8VdeK9UdsM/story.html?event=event25

It is common in sports to blame the refs for a loss. Common for fans to claim the league conspired to help a specific team win or get better treatment for a specific athlete. I am not implying it is innocent or innocuous as it is in sports. I understand it is far more mean spirited and dissisive. I just think that once it ends it will end. We will have a couple weeks of sour grapes complaiing and people will start focusing on what come nexts.

It is common in sports to blame the refs for a loss. Common for fans to claim the league conspired to help a specific team win or get better treatment for a specific athlete. I am not implying it is innocent or innocuous as it is in sports. I understand it is far more mean spirited and dissisive. I just think that once it ends it will end. We will have a couple weeks of sour grapes complaiing and people will start focusing on what come nexts.

On the other hand, it's not like a bad outcome in sports has never caused a riot in places where people were particularly passionate about it.

On the other hand, it's not like a bad outcome in sports has never caused a riot in places where people were particularly passionate about it.

It has but the marjority of the time it doesn't. I don't think it will this time. Obviously I could be wrong but most in the conservative establishment identify that Trump will lose and that acknowledgement is trickling down amongst conservative pundits. We still have 3 weeks to go. I think by election most Trump supporters will be exiting the stadium early to beat traffic understanding that the game isn't close enough to wait til the final whistle.

You only blame the ref if you thought you could have won, otherwise.

You only blame the ref if you thought you could have won, otherwise.

Nah, sometimes it is just that a fan won't to have won or is just looking to complain because they lost. Trump supporters (any healthy number of them) honestly believing the election is rigged seems too tin foil hat wearing to me. It is fairly obvious to the majority of the country that Trump has lost or rather will lose the Latino, black, woman, educated, and etc vote. I think most know, beneath all the rhetoric, that a national election can't be won losing all those groups. Trump's core supporters are racist, sexist, angry, and many other nasty things but enough of them are lunatics to buy into a stolen election narrative. At least not in my opinion.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about

Probably the best article I've seen on Cracked in years if not ever. It pulls together a lot of thoughts that I've had myself but lacked the personal experience to tie them together so well and infuses it with some personal experience that I think is important for context.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about

Probably the best article I've seen on Cracked in years if not ever. It pulls together a lot of thoughts that I've had myself but lacked the personal experience to tie them together so well and infuses it with some personal experience that I think is important for context.

+1 That was a really good article. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I read it.