You want to become Gods?

elizsia

You want to become Gods? Yet your trying to disprove Gods existence? Yet you want to become Gods?

The very meaning of the word God gave you the desire to become Gods, Even when God existed long before you wanted to become Gods...

Science... We want to become Gods, Yet we dont believe in God..... You dont believe in God, Yet you want to become Gods....... Crazy People...

And what will you do when you become Gods? will you create a new species on some new planet and then pass yourselves off as Gods?

And then the new species will worship you as Gods? And they will make many Religions to Worship you as Gods?

Even when you dont believe in God...

Edited by elizsia

So, in order to make this idea work, you assume we all want to become gods. I don't, I don't know anyone who wants that. So the answer to the title question is NO.

I don't think you understand what a discussion forum is all about. You should instead write a blog, and turn off the comments if you don't want anyone to talk against your ideas.

So, in order to make this idea work, you assume we all want to become gods. I don't, I don't know anyone who wants that. So the answer to the title question is NO.

I don't think you understand what a discussion forum is all about. You should instead write a blog, and turn off the comments if you don't want anyone to talk against your ideas.

So your ok with dying and not living forever? You dont want to use Genetic or Robotic Transhumanism to make yourself immortal?

So your ok with dying and not living forever? You dont want to use Genetic or Robotic Transhumanism to make yourself immortal?

Yes, then no. In that order.

Please stop posting until whatever drugs you're on wear off.

Yes, then no. In that order.

Please stop posting until whatever drugs you're on wear off.

Again with the insults, your so frustrated when people try to explain the truth, that you resort to insults to releave yourself...

You have admited right there that you would like immortality... Yet you dont even believe in God, even when Immortality is the same as wanting to be a God..

Ever heard of Richard Seed? and other scientists promoting transhumanism,,, all of them say the same thing... They want to be Gods... Even when they dont believe in God...

Edited by elizsia

*you're

Brilliant, so you can spell. does that make you intelligent? All of you so frustrated when someone hits the nail on the head about the things you dont admit to.. so all you do is undermine someone for making a spelling or grammar mistake or make insults... That is your last resort to relieve your frustrations... Spelling and Grammer does not define someone knowledge or intelligence... You worked so hard in school and college and even university, trying to become intelligent, being told what to believe is correct... So much focus, but still you dont see...

You cant even create your own knowledge or ideas, you have to take everything from the education system...

Edited by elizsia

Yes, I'm OK with it. Oddly, when you realize there isn't anything real or tangible that supports the existence of god(s) or an afterlife , and that what we do observe is an eventual decay of the remaining body and not much else, it's very comforting to know that you don't have to jump through some unknowable celestial hoops dreamed up by people who dreamed up omnipotence.

I would LOVE to have robotic enhancements! Just not for immortality, since that's not really viable until we leave the planet (if nobody dies and we still have children, that might be a problem, no?) But give me better eyes, because your Intelligent Designer decided to put my retina in backwards, pointing away from light sources. It's like having a television with a plug in the middle of the screen!

Lots of folks think their god cures illnesses, but the god never bothers to grow back an amputated leg, not once in all of recorded history. But even though we have some very promising work being done with regenerating tissue that might let us grow an arm or leg back after losing it, I don't think that's trying to be a god.

Remember, your god can't do it, but science is close to figuring it out. It takes time because being sure is more important than being a god.

There is one thing you can never stop... And the inevitable is the end of the universe... The universe wont last forever... Nothing lasts forever... The End eventually does come... Only in the end you would wish there was a God that creates all things.. Only in the end would wish you believed...

I dont blame God for mortality... We are not meant to have perfect bodies...

" We didnt fully appretiate the perfect world, We didnt fully appretiate bliss, we didnt have complete independence, So God decided to create the human experience, a life were we could understand it, A life were we could desire it and appretiate it. "

Unfortunatly you believe bliss would mean transhumanism, but it is not. What your creating is artifitial, and in the end you will feel more alone than you do now. The only way you could satify that loneliness is to create. Without God in your endless life you will never know peace or real love.

If God decided to reveal himself to humanity, humanity would not Believe indepentantly, would not learn or change independently, If God did everything for us, we would not have the freedom. We were meant to solve our own problems... But we were not supposed to remove God for the equasion...

In the very end, you will know... In the very end, you will say it... " I Believe in you "... I have found all I need to say on this website...

Edited by elizsia

I read your posts and it's patently obvious that you just talk to talk. You aren't taking ANYTHING anyone is saying on board, you don't acknowledging good points without necessarily agreeing or changing your mind. This tells us you have an agenda that won't be affected by us at all.

I'm done with your willful ignorance. The members of this community are trying to help you with your ignorance of science, and I commend them for their hopeful tenacity. But I can see the hate and narrow-mindedness in your religious outlook, while you accuse others of the same, and frankly it irks me, makes me sick to my stomach. I have things to do with much more potential for success.

Goodbye. Good luck.

I read your posts and it's patently obvious that you just talk to talk. You aren't taking ANYTHING anyone is saying on board, you don't acknowledging good points without necessarily agreeing or changing your mind. This tells us you have an agenda that won't be affected by us at all.

I'm done with your willful ignorance. The members of this community are trying to help you with your ignorance of science, and I commend them for their hopeful tenacity. But I can see the hate and narrow-mindedness in your religious outlook, while you accuse others of the same, and frankly it irks me, makes me sick to my stomach. I have things to do with much more potential for success.

Goodbye. Good luck.

My outlook is not religious... I believe in God, I believe in the Saviour, I Believe in Baptism, I Believe in Gods Words, But I dont believe in Religions or Churches etc... God never created religion. humanity did...

Edited by elizsia

I think it's more likely he's seeing the gaps in the faith / theist narrative, is feeling angry at himself for doubting the god he's been taught to worship and adore by people he loves and trusts, and is lashing out at us here since it's a safe place to vent those feelings and since it's too hard to continue lashing out at himself internally, but I really shouldn't play armchair psychoanalyst. I have no idea what struggles he faces or what challenges he's working through.

Edited by iNow

I think it's more likely he's seeing the gaps in the faith / theist narrative, is feeling angry at himself for doubting the god he's been taught to worship and adore by people he loves and trusts, and is lashing out at us here since it's a safe place to vent those feelings and since it's too hard to continue lashing out at himself internally, but I really shouldn't play armchair psychoanalyst. I have no idea what struggles he faces or what challenges he's working through.

I have no anger about things... I use logic to understand my feelings. :) God inspires me... The more you want to understand God with an Open Mind, the more you will know.. Either become everything, or become Nothing...

Edited by elizsia

My outlook is not religious... I believe in God, I believe in the Saviour, I Believe in Baptism, I Believe in Gods Words, But I dont believe in Religions or Churches etc... God never created religion. humanity did...

How do you discern God's words from your own or someone else's thoughts?

You want to become Gods?

No.

Yet your trying to disprove Gods existence?

I don't think anyone is trying to do that. Most scientists and philosophers of science will tell you that is impossible. (And unnecessary.)

I would like to live for, say, another few hundred years. Just to see how some of the current problems get solved (not just in science). But I don't think I want to use "Robotic Transhumanism" to do that. (I don't know what it is, but it doesn't sound very nice).

My outlook is not religious... I believe in God, I believe in the Saviour, I Believe in Baptism, I Believe in Gods Words,

That makes you religious by any normal definition of the word.

I have no anger about things... I use logic to understand my feelings. :) God inspires me... The more you want to understand God with an Open Mind, the more you will know.. Either become everything, or become Nothing...

Since you haven’t seen god, it’s your own idea of what he/she maybe that inspires you and given that, anything you come to understand about god also comes from you, leaving god not only unnecessary but a hindrance to your self awareness.

Without God in your endless life you will never know peace...

Not all of us are so uncomfortable with the fact of our limited and imperfect existence.

But you raise an interesting point, some humans are not uncomfortable with pursuing 'forbidden knowledge'. The late Terry Pratchett put it well when speaking of fantasy: we need somewhere to explore the rising ape and the falling angel.

Strive to be gods? Sure, why not? But (a very large one I hope you will not miss), I am not talking about some ultimate creator God, but rather a vague idea that humans can and should strive towards some perfect ideal, knowing full well we will never achieve it, and to do so we must practice love and knowledge, the best path to wisdom according to many a great sage.

You want to become Gods? Yet your trying to disprove Gods existence? Yet you want to become Gods?

The very meaning of the word God gave you the desire to become Gods, Even when God existed long before you wanted to become Gods...

Science... We want to become Gods, Yet we dont believe in God..... You dont believe in God, Yet you want to become Gods....... Crazy People...

And what will you do when you become Gods? will you create a new species on some new planet and then pass yourselves off as Gods?

And then the new species will worship you as Gods? And they will make many Religions to Worship you as Gods?

For someone who so very obviously does not listen to anything anyone says to you it is not surprising that you have such an inaccurate perception of what other people want. Might it not be worth - just as an experiment - to take a deep breath, relax and think about what people are telling you?

For someone who so very obviously does not listen to anything anyone says to you it is not surprising that you have such an inaccurate perception of what other people want. Might it not be worth - just as an experiment - to take a deep breath, relax and think about what people are telling you?

A task made more difficult by the claims (admittedly from other threads) that one should detach from what others say, and explore the Truth available in Your Mind Only.

No.

I don't think anyone is trying to do that. Most scientists and philosophers of science will tell you that is impossible. (And unnecessary.)

I would like to live for, say, another few hundred years. Just to see how some of the current problems get solved (not just in science). But I don't think I want to use "Robotic Transhumanism" to do that. (I don't know what it is, but it doesn't sound very nice).

That makes you religious by any normal definition of the word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extropianism......doesnt sound too bad.

I wouldnt turn the chance down to be a god. Nordic maybe, whoever survives ragnarok i'll be that dude.

Science and religion or god are like yin and yang. Yin likes to have proof for what yin believes and tries hard to find it, yang likes to think of things that yin cant prove. Or something like that.

Edited by DevilSolution

Do you have any evidence for a god? Which god? Humans worship around 1000 gods, all their followers claim that their god is the right god, how do you know you are worshiping the correct god?

So your ok with dying and not living forever?

Doesn't matter how any of feel about dying it is the inevitable result of living.

You dont want to use Genetic or Robotic Transhumanism to make yourself immortal?

We humans perceive our minds (thoughts/idea) as being an entirely to themselves yet they are not. My brain is attached to this body. The pat relationship governs how huge portions of my brain works. Countless calculations go into simple things like walking, picking food up with a fork, or writing a word on a piece of paper. I am not sure I believe my mind in another vessel would continue to exist in a manner I would recognize as myself.

When life is good, any living creature want to live forever, or at least as long as possible.

"Life is good" is pretty much subjective.

Millionaire can have depression, and want to die, while some homeless, jobless, everyday searching for food in trashcans, might want to live.

People die mostly because malfunction of some internal organ.

If ill is diagnosed at the right time, internal organ can be replaced. With currently few exceptions.

Currently it's done by taking organ from dead body, and transplantation.

At ridiculous costs completely not adequate to what is done. In material world poor people automatically excluded..

Somebody has to die, to somebody live. This is problematic.

Either there must be enough of dying people (in accidents, where there is brain failure, and all internals are intact), and they must have the right properties, starting from blood group.

If transplantation would be done not from dead body, plentiful of these issues would be gone. And life time extended to hundred or more years.

In mine opinion, the most of people, are currently wasting their lives, wasting their time.

What they would do if there would be instead of 80 (+-20) years, say 800 years?

Right now they waste their time. Part of problem is lack of money for education in early age.

Money. It must be gone. There is no place for money in the heaven. Nobody can ask for money for doing or not doing something.

Private property means nothing. Nobody owns anything, so nobody can steal anything. There is no thieves, no robbery nor any other criminal acts in which money is source.

People living forever should work in jobs they like, not for money, as they won't see any, but to be useful for entire community.

Automatically programmed hardware failure won't have any sense (it's done to force people to buy the same thing again, and again, like 1000 hours lifetime of light bulb )

Instead preferred will be hardware working as long as possible, and easy fixable. It costs less energy, and less time, to fix something than building the same stuff from scratch.

Kids should learn quantum physics, chemistry, biotechnology, medicine, IT, etc. since the beginning of their life.

For humanities subjects they will have entire eternity.

Well educated people are less vulnerable to brainwashing. And they are valuable members of community.

will you create a new species on some new planet and then pass yourselves off as Gods?

That's the simplest thing..

That could be even right now in progress, if Voyager or other human made satellite were not absolutely sterile..

Bacteria, virus, could spread from them to some other world after billions of years of flying.

Edited by Sensei

"You want to become Gods?"

Nope, all the "Gods I have heard of are imaginary; I' rather be real.

"The very meaning of the word God gave you the desire to become Gods, "

Clearly; no. That's just your rather weird belief. Why are you misrepresenting it as fact? Did you not understand that the real worlddoes not follow your personal dream?

"And what will you do when you become Gods? "

Logically, I will die.

I will become something that has no existence outside the world of imagination.

Stop trying to pretend that there are beliefs in our minds that don't exist there; it just makes you look silly.