Quick Forum Questions

Guest Ritchy

Heh heh. Keeps getting better.

I don't have a little toggle thingy. I just created a .jpg out of a print screen that I was going to attach for you to see. But while I can do a browse to find the .jpg, I no longer have an option to attach it or insert it into this post.

I seem to be driving the tricycle version of the editor while you are all on Harley's.

Weird.

This is a cliched answer, but: have you tried clearing your browser's cache? Maybe it's got some old code saved that doesn't mix well with the new code.

i don't have a little toggle thingy. I just created a .jpg out of a print screen that I was going to attach for you to see. But while I can do a browse to find the .jpg, I no longer have an option to attach it or insert it into this post.

I seem to be driving the tricycle version of the editor while you are all on Harley's.

Click More Reply Options > At the bottom of the input box; Choose File (and upload it) > Attach This File > Add Post. The image should then come up in your post. Like this:

post-14463-0-87278700-1354651413_thumb.jpg

Edited by StringJunky

Even when you click the little toggle/light switch thingy on the very top left? wacko.pngblink.pngconfused.gifblink.pngwacko.png

When I clicked on the reply box, the simley is in the top row.

Weird.

This is a cliched answer, but: have you tried clearing your browser's cache? Maybe it's got some old code saved that doesn't mix well with the new code.

Click More Reply Options > At the bottom of the input box; Choose File (and upload it) > Attach This File > Add Post. The image should then come up in your post. Like this:

attachicon.gifPost File SFN.JPG

confused.gifmad.gifredface.giftongue.png

Cleared out the cache and all is right in the world again.

Once I almost had a dryer completely taken apart before I realized the settings were incorrect.

When will I learn to try the easiest things first, whether they seem likely or not.

Thanks all!

• 4 months later...

there was a list of functions and such for all these buttons for posting and post,

i can not find it again,

could someone direct me to this ?

would anyone be interested in a desk top free demo down load of a model simulator ?

I have a link for this.

i played with it,

it's interesting and amusing.

is there a way to disable the reputation buttons on my post ?

is there a way to disable the reputation buttons on my post ?

is there ?

i prefer for this to be removed from my post.

for me,

this should be set up to where if someone once to give you a negative point, they should have to state a justifiable reason to do so, then it should be approved if justifiable.

to me it seems like anyone who is offended for any childish reason can just start clicking it as they wish.

just a thought.

The 'like' button on your post is so that any other user who is signed in can give you an up or down vote ON THAT POST. It counts toward your reputation points (you can see them in your profile). Any one person can only vote one time on any given post. You cannot vote on your own post. You cannot disable it. Some love it. Some hate it. Some don't care one way or the other.

They are essentially irrelevant. Bans are driven by behavior, not up/down votes. While not causative, there is, however, a correlation between down votes and likelihood of ban.

ok, thanks,

then that means i do not care about them one way or another.

thanks again.

then that means i do not care about them one way or another.

Like most of us. You'll probably get as many up/down votes because people agree/disagree with you, as you will because your post is really all that great/bad.

• 2 months later...

Because locking a topic only prevents people from posting in it. The rep buttons are still accessible.

Negative reps, "It's the gift that keeps on giving."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It works on forums that have specifically installed it. Usually it's used by scientists to write scientific papers, but since it's capable of typesetting mathematics we use it here on the forums.

Many forums about science or math will have some form of LaTeX installed, but it's not guaranteed.

I don't have a "rep down" button?

It's the red arrow pointing down (next to the green positive rep) at the far right hand side of the post you are reading - is it not there? You don't get one if you are not logged in.

I believe you have given positive reputation in the past - is there now no longer a red down arrow and green up arrow and small grey/green/red box in the bottom right hand corner of each post

Are you posting from a pc or a mobile device - I have never worked out how to give reputation on a mobile device.