Quick Forum Questions

Guest Ritchy

How do you do those quotes.If i try to quote 2 people the page changes with only one quote ? and you have a picture as an avatar.How do you do that?

Surround anything you want to put in a quote box with

and
(remove space from first quote).

One set of tags per quote.

If you want to add the byline, stating who made the quoted post (recommended), use

. The closing quote tag is unchanged.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this ones for sayonarra:

the 'myth of human evolution' thread by willow tree was recently closed by u, presumably 'cos it was going nowhere, but just before it was i think it opened up a few interesting points that everyone (except willow) were making productive posts to, eg macroevolution v microevolution, and the 'contradiction' in the book of genesis.

so my question is, would it be possible to unlock the thread and barr willowtree from the thread, thus allowing those of us who are not insane to continue the conversation, and (by barring willow) stopping it from being pointless?

Unfortunately it's not possible to bar one person from a specific thread. I could always move it back to the evolution forum though, if there's enough demand.

The subject has been satisfactorially discussed in plenty of other threads though.

i could always start new threads to cover the topics that i feel were still open in the thread, i jus thought this might be considered cheeky ie curcumventing the fact that you closed the thread, espesially as one of the topics i was interested in continuing was the contradiction in the book of genesis which i assume would attract willows attention, and it could quickly degenerate to the same quality as the 'myth of human evolution' thread.

I don't think it would be cheeky, as long as it is a continuation of the original topic of the thread. We split threads all the time because they go more off-topic. As for degenration of the thread, the mods will look out for it (that's we do most of the time, anyway).

i dont know if youv seen the 'myth of human evolution' thread -- it might be a special case (its about as long as the 'official joke thread', and just as funny in my oppinion) that sayo wants closed for good, never to be reopened again, and im not sure he'd be particullaly happy if i sparked off another willow v SFN pointless discussion, and he jus recently got rid of the superfulouse 'k' at the end of my name so im feeling nice and thought id chek first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 'new posts' figure in the User CP box, right-hand side of the Home page, doesn't seem to match the number of posts actually listed when you go there... is this something to do with some posts being excluded from the search?