What is the Purpose of Life ?

Airbrush

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, TammyK said:

The purpose of life is make the most out of every moment and living as if it's your last breath.

I'm doubtful that anyone who ever lived has achieved that goal.

8 hours ago, TammyK said:

The purpose of life is make the most out of every moment and living as if it's your last breath.

That's a very positive way of living your life but its not really a purpose (unless you make it a personal one). It's more of a code of practice, or method, or goal.  

As far as I can see, and I mentioned this earlier in the thread, if there is a purpose then it seems that the one purpose is survival, self survival long enough to aid in continuation of your species - reproduction. Why this is so? Who knows, but it makes sense in that, else basically and very simplistically, there would be no point in living in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Intoscience said:

else basically and very simplistically, there would be no point in living in the first place. 

And this is the point I made earlier. There is no 'point' in living. We are just one of the many possible configurations of matter in this universe.

The purpose of life is to realise that you are ,, you exist ......your life? its  for your carbon body to cleanse its contained life force/soul for its return to its source, if its not clean enough it comes back to this big carbon filter housing called earth where it gets a second pass through and so on etc etc..

Thus giving Creedence to God heaven  the light travelled into when dying, stories of reincarnation   Buddhist monks who enlighten themselves out of 3 dimensional existence but that's for another forum 

please do not scold me mr moderator but its hard for anyone actually to give the correct answer for life its all speculative and relative to the person place and understanding of oneself

Not a swamy nor guru nor priest nor minister.. although have lived, still living , had life instances i wouldn't wish on an enemy and ones i believe others will never experience and wouldn't trade those for anything, so i believe i]m pretty diverse in life and living and always learning.. so i feel qualified by default to answer..

41 minutes ago, FRAGMASTER2023 said:

its  for your carbon body to cleanse its contained life force/soul for its return to its source, if its not clean enough it comes back to this big carbon filter housing called earth where it gets a second pass through and so on etc etc..

Is there some kind of paperwork that goes with each pass?

On 5/2/2023 at 9:51 AM, Bufofrog said:

It's possible that the whole point of life is to facilitate the invention of potato chips.  I don't think it is but it could be.

Heretic! It is the invention of chocolate which is the sacred apotheosis of snacks!

18 hours ago, zapatos said:

Is there some kind of paperwork that goes with each pass?

I believe the correct forms are mentioned in Beetlejuice.

• 2 months later...

The question of the purpose of life is deeply philosophical and has been pondered by humans for centuries. Different individuals and cultures have various perspectives and beliefs about the purpose of life. Here are a few common interpretations:

1. Religious or spiritual purpose: Many people find meaning and purpose in their religious or spiritual beliefs. They may believe that the purpose of life is to fulfill a divine plan, cultivate a relationship with a higher power, or attain spiritual enlightenment.

2. Personal fulfillment and happiness: Some individuals believe that the purpose of life is to seek personal fulfillment, happiness, and self-actualization. This can involve pursuing passions, developing meaningful relationships, achieving personal goals, and finding joy in life's experiences.

3. Contribution to society: Many people find purpose in making a positive impact on others and society as a whole. They may dedicate their lives to helping others, making a difference in their communities, or advocating for social and environmental causes.

4. Pursuit of knowledge and understanding: For some, the purpose of life lies in the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. They may seek intellectual growth, explore the mysteries of the universe, and engage in lifelong learning.

5. Connection and relationships: Building and nurturing relationships with family, friends, and loved ones can bring a sense of purpose and fulfillment. Many people find meaning in fostering meaningful connections and creating a sense of belonging.

It's important to note that the purpose of life can be highly subjective and can vary from person to person. Some individuals may find a combination of these purposes or have entirely different perspectives altogether.

Ultimately, determining the purpose of life is a deeply personal and individual journey. It's up to each person to reflect, explore their values, passions, and beliefs, and find what brings them a sense of purpose, meaning, and fulfillment.

17 hours ago, hantaba said:

Ultimately, determining the purpose of life is a deeply personal and individual journey. It's up to each person to reflect, explore their values, passions, and beliefs, and find what brings them a sense of purpose, meaning, and fulfillment.

Well, I'm very impressed by YOUR journey here. In just five posts, you went from "who can i win money in internet ?" to bullet-pointed essay answers to philosophical questions. I'm certain we'll soon explore your particular purpose in life.

I’d like to believe that there is no purpose. That I’m free to do what I wish albeit with the responsibility of living in under the rules placed onto me of society where I’m born.

I do not mean this in a way that I shouldn’t be alive at all. I mean that if I were to strive for greatness then there is no universal law stopping me. But at the same time, I am also just as capable of great ruin and there is no universal law stopping me. The meaning of life is experience. It is finding friends and family. It is setting an example for other people for better or worse. The meaning of life is yours to define.

10 hours ago, LingNeutron said:

That I’m free to do what I wish albeit with the responsibility of living in under the rules placed onto me of society where I’m born.

Everyone forgets about the society that lives within, no one's free of 'them'... mwa ha ha... 🤓