What Science Does to me

WhatamI?

It sometimes gets the teachers stressed out when the system is set up so that a minimal amount of effort results in a passing grade, yet students continue to get Fs. If you turn in the homework, attend the classes, participate in class projects, do the online work the teacher assigns, and still flunk all the quizzes, tests, and finals, you won't get an F. 

Sooooo, your argument is a strawman. You argue the teacher expects perfection (which is easy to argue against), when in reality the teacher wants you to do at least the minimum to pass (which is much harder to defend - why aren't you doing the minimal work?). 

• 3 months later...
On 06/04/2018 at 1:40 PM, WhatamI? said:

It sometimes gets me stressed out when the teacher expects straight A's when I'm getting straight F's

This can be overcome by learning it your way. Basically, take all that junk they ram down your throat, take what you understand, and rewrite it. This will be where you write what you learn from, not summarize, but rewrite it so you can teach it. This is because if you don't understand it in your own language, you never will.

This is where you need to observe what you cannot teach yourself! If you cannot rewrite it, ask a teacher, okay? Do not be afraid to ask, it is a matter of looking stupid, or being stupid. If you look stupid asking a question, look even stupider by listening, then you will learn how it works, make notes once, for yourself to observe, as you will write it in a test, and then be stupid no more, while in the past, yes, the teacher just wants to see you pass, okay?

I am sure if you listen the firs time, they will teach you the second time. Do you want to pass, what do you have to lose by trying my method, some study time that will be 'poetic,' yes? Imagine you are teaching your parents?

• 8 months later...

how did you manage that you don't even have to try that much to get a C+/- all you have to do is the minimum. not to be mean or sound superior(which I am not I just go to a school with low expectations so) but this is not a place for pity if you say something you need help on we can help you this is just sad.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:51 AM, swansont said:

I'd also get stressed out by a teacher who didn't understand normal distrubutions.

that is not how it normally works nowadays. it is based on points at least in my district. to much help the weak, not enough separate weak and strong to help them grow. sorry for the rant but people like op and don't leave a kid behind makes it so we all suffer.

45 minutes ago, peterwlocke said:

how did you manage that you don't even have to try that much to get a C+/- all you have to do is the minimum. not to be mean or sound superior(which I am not I just go to a school with low expectations so) but this is not a place for pity if you say something you need help on we can help you this is just sad.

that is not how it normally works nowadays. it is based on points at least in my district. to much help the weak, not enough separate weak and strong to help them grow. sorry for the rant but people like op and don't leave a kid behind makes it so we all suffer.

Clearly, it caused you  to not be taught to use capital letters to start a sentence; is it so hard to input with two hands? ;) 

12 hours ago, StringJunky said:

... capital letters to start a sentence; is it so hard to input with two hands? ;) 

You don't even need two hands. Especially if you have ever played the piano.

14 hours ago, peterwlocke said:

It was based on points when I went to school, too.

21 hours ago, peterwlocke said:

eh I am lazy. I do capitalize my I's though.

So narcissistic as well as lazy? :P We're trying to set an example for whatami, you know. Minimum effort should include more frequent attempts at clarity.

5 hours ago, Phi for All said:

So narcissistic as well as lazy? :P We're trying to set an example for whatami, you know. Minimum effort should include more frequent attempts at clarity.

extremely you forgot sociopathic. Owo

5 hours ago, Intrigued said:

I could see from your avatar that you have capital I's. Your nose isn't too bad, either.

heh no, I am not that P.W.L it is a reference to a book.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:38 AM, StringJunky said:

Aren't we worth the effort?  :)

of corse if it id not takr tim. heh