All negative Clicks must be made Public !

fiveworlds, swansont was hinting at the fact that your first post was a complete and utter lie. You have two pages worth of posts that you have repped in one direction or another since joining.

You don't get me I was asking you to zero them in either direction i.e. to delete them all and you can tell them the listing.

since joining.

Years ago I don't even remember giving rep points at all.

Self Assessment and therefore some boxes are left blank !

I just want to be clear about this. You think our rep system is authoritarian and unfair, and you'd like to replace it with a more complicated version that YOU designed, and named after yourself? I look at this, and at the title of the thread, and I'm thinking you're not MY commander, yet you consistently post as if your word is law, constantly making assertions rather than asking questions.

You don't get me I was asking you to zero them in either direction i.e. to delete them all and you can tell them the listing.

Mods can't change rep points. We get the same one click per post as everyone else. The system does have some checks and balances.

Years ago I don't even remember giving rep points at all.

It was last week. :)

I just want to be clear about this. You think our rep system is authoritarian and unfair, and you'd like to replace it with a more complicated version that YOU designed, and named after yourself? I look at this, and at the title of the thread, and I'm thinking you're not MY commander, yet you consistently post as if your word is law, constantly making assertions rather than asking questions.

Mods can't change rep points. We get the same one click per post as everyone else. The system does have some checks and balances.

I am sorry you are picking on me for nothing.

When did I say that Name/Id means any verbal meaning ?

I assert about my ideas and minimize words [that is my style] and you are peeved about it.

I am so hesitant to say anything at all ever since I felt my days may end [on 6 May 15 post which did not get any reply] yet you need to say I keep posting continuously.

After getting over all the hurts and slaps I motivate myself to post a provocative but intricate post and get immediately 3 slaps.

I retract as if I had stepped on a snake and has no option but strike back and then I find the post / clicks etc have been modified, yet I see you asserting here that Mods can do nothing about it. I take your words for it but my tally of neg clicks remained same but the post which gave me -3 vanished.

I had always thought of you as a very good and reasonable moderator who picked on me the least but you have not reciprocated my trust and this mistrust is affecting our interaction. How many positive clicks have I given you ?

I have no intention of criticizing the system here but will air my views when I am victimized.

I have been having ideas about Rating System for years and always called it by the same name and just revealed it never commanding or demanding anything yet you are showing only indignation !

Perhaps you understood me most but has still not considered me a friend !

I will tide over everything and take it in my stride !

Edited by Commander

It's been known for reporting potential hazards In work places have turned into a "Vendetta" system with allegiances being formed amongst staff playing a tit for tat reporting game that leads to an unhappy enviroment in the work-place and because of this companies try to create No-Blame Cultures!

Precisely why such systems need to be as anonymous as possible.

I am sorry you are picking on me for nothing.

When did I say that Name/Id means any verbal meaning ?

I assert about my ideas and minimize words [that is my style] and you are peeved about it.

I am so hesitant to say anything at all ever since I felt my days may end [on 6 May 15 post which did not get any reply] yet you need to say I keep posting continuously.

After getting over all the hurts and slaps I motivate myself to post a provocative but intricate post and get immediately 3 slaps.

I retract as if I had stepped on a snake and has no option but strike back and then I find the post / clicks etc have been modified, yet I see you asserting here that Mods can do nothing about it. I take your words for it but my tally of neg clicks remained same but the post which gave me -3 vanished.

I had always thought of you as a very good and reasonable moderator who picked on me the least but you have not reciprocated my trust and this mistrust is affecting our interaction. How many positive clicks have I given you ?

I have no intention of criticizing the system here but will air my views when I am victimized.

I have been having ideas about Rating System for years and always called it by the same name and just revealed it never commanding or demanding anything yet you are showing only indignation !

Perhaps you understood me most but has still not considered me a friend !

I will tide over everything and take it in my stride !

I don't know what to tell you. There may be a language problem. You misinterpret me just enough to miss out on what I'm saying. For instance, I didn't say you post constantly, I said when you post, you constantly make assertions rather than ask questions. Do you see the difference between what I said and what you're arguing about?

I'm not feeling indignant. I'm frustrated that you have objections based on incomplete or misinformed knowledge. Not much I can do if this is the way you choose to interpret my words.

Because if it's used incorrectly people are made to "look" like their posts are worthless even if some of their posts are good, or say bad through lack of knowledge.

It's been known for reporting potential hazards In work places have turned into a "Vendetta" system with allegiances being formed amongst staff playing a tit for tat reporting game that leads to an unhappy enviroment in the work-place and because of this companies try to create No-Blame Cultures!

I have been keeping a close eye on My own profile since Mine and Stranges discussion in the Canadians & Aliens thread, at the start of this I was on +8Rep points, after our exchange in which I thought at the time Strange was responding more like a politician than a scientist My Rep points slid to -5, maybe some members thought I was being unfairly treated or gave Me Rep points for recent posts which took My tally to 0Rep points (better than -5). Over the last couple of days My Rep points have sunk back down to -4, And so I again I call for both +ve and -ve Rep Points to be displayed on a Members Profile. Is My case an indication that the Rep system is being used Vindictively??? ?

We can see who is repping posts. If we think a person is going out of their way to unfairly rep someone or someones, we do our best to reverse the damage. We also possess the power to remove the ability for someone to neg rep members. A quick glance at your account does not suggest to me that you have been targeted. Perhaps it's time to look at your posts instead of blaming the system or other members?

We can see who is repping posts. If we think a person is going out of their way to unfairly rep someone or someones, we do our best to reverse the damage. We also possess the power to remove the ability for someone to neg rep members. A quick glance at your account does not suggest to me that you have been targeted. Perhaps it's time to look at your posts instead of blaming the system or other members?

So in Your oppinion and others here, would You say receiving approximately -18 Rep points for My exchange with Strange on ONE point was FAIR? ???

I have been keeping a close eye on My own profile since Mine and Stranges discussion in the Canadians & Aliens thread, at the start of this I was on +8Rep points, after our exchange in which I thought at the time Strange was responding more like a politician than a scientist My Rep points slid to -5, maybe some members thought I was being unfairly treated or gave Me Rep points for recent posts which took My tally to 0Rep points (better than -5). Over the last couple of days My Rep points have sunk back down to -4, And so I again I call for both +ve and -ve Rep Points to be displayed on a Members Profile. Is My case an indication that the Rep system is being used Vindictively??? ?

Your rep, both positives and negatives come from a wide range of members.

So in Your oppinion and others here, would You say receiving approximately -18 Rep points for My exchange with Strange on ONE point was FAIR? ???

Seeing the horrendous quality of your posts in that exchange, I would say it is.

In My oppinion I believe I have been targeted/unfairly treated, lets see what the other members oppinions are as they read the latest posts on this thread!

And again I call for both +ve & -ve Rep points to be shown on a memebers profile to better indicate the value of their posts! !!!

In My oppinion I believe I have been targeted/unfairly treated, lets see what the other members oppinions are as they read the latest posts on this thread!

And again I call for both +ve & -ve Rep points to be shown on a memebers profile to better indicate the value of their posts! !!!

Again a -1Rep point for this post, can You not see how this would be perceived as "bullying"?, I think this is a very sad advertisement for Science Forums.net!!! !

To get some facts on the argument:

Over the course of 8 posts Ant Sinclair received 17 red negative reputation points.

The points were give by 7 different members (all of long standing).

Two members gave -4, one -3, two -2, and two -1 ie (-4*2)+(-3*1)+(-2*2)+(-1*2) = -17.

Two of the members who neg-repped had previously positive-repped.

The thread was also moderated as the posting of Ant Sinclair was of an unacceptably low level.

The negative repution of Ant Sinclair is dominated - although not exclusively - by that thread

===

Personally I can see no evidence of a vendetta - merely a string of untypical and poor posts that individually would have raised no ire, but as a group were not seen as acceptable by the membership; the posts were hectoring and paid no attention to responses given.

Again a -1Rep point for this post, can You not see how this would be perceived as "bullying"?, I think this is a very sad advertisement for Science Forums.net!!! !

Someone negatively reped a post where you just disregard evidence opposing your claim. Looks appropriate to me.

I believe this kind of "carry-on" will deter new ideas from coming to Science Forums.net!