How to become mod?

a) be creepy

b) post about ways to revolutionize science based on thinking very hard for at most 10 minutes

c) ridicule people who are less intelligent than you

d) decide that c) applies to everyone

e) cover poor understanding of topics with posts no less than 500 words

f) use MS paint drawings in lieu of calculations

g) demonstrate your superiority by calling other people stupid. Girls dig that.

h) randomly call out straw man before anyone else does. That way you win the game.

i) do none of the above

j) bribery

Edit: never correct your spelling. And never read what you just typed. Worked for me every tume.

Edited by CharonY

I don't do the above.

And is it possible to get mod any other way?

How many cheez nips are you willing to donate to the cause? Seriously, though,the first step actually is to not ask.

Wait to be asked.

It's never happened any other way. Ever.

QFT

Cheez nips don't hurt, though.

I feel old. I thought the way to be a mod was to dress right for a street fight, and go all chains and knives on the greasy rockers.
I think the moderators here do a good job, and just would like to thank them.

I feel old. I thought the way to be a mod was to dress right for a street fight, and go all chains and knives on the greasy rockers.

Oooh, street fight with mods, that's 60s-70s, right? Bell-bottoms made it easy to get to your boot-knife.

That's not old. That's classic, moth. cool.png

When you can't be a mod, just pretend.

g) demonstrate your superiority calling other people stupid. Girls dig that.

!CharonY please stay on topic, which is 'how to become a moderator', not 'how to score with the ladies'. Please do not respond to this message!

Is there a stickied post about this somewhere?

I've seen this question asked a few times now. Possibly I missed it, thought I had looked through most of the stickied posts though.

Usually - and I mean no offense by this - the ones who start these topics are the ones we'd never in a million years ask to be a mod.

What happens is this. Staff decide we need to con kidnap recruit new gullible fools people to exterminate Phi rookies and we then discuss who we think would be good at the job based on posting history, message the member we decide upon and throw cheese nips at them until they say yes.

You have a history of starting crack pot threads and in at least one instance, creating a sock puppet account to come in and agree with you. This sort of behaviour pretty much excludes you from being considered, especially when we have so many other members with a great posting history that haven't broken our rules.

Mods get all the women

They tell you this in mod training camp, but in actual fact, the admin had to evict them all after an incident involving Phi, a bottle of vegetable oil and some expired cheese nips.

labyrinth_puzzle.png

We actually have 4 guards protecting the realm of the mods. One always tells the truth. One always tells lies. One stabs people who ask tricky questions... and then there's hypervalent_iodine. smile.png

Basically you don't become a mod. One day you wake up, and you are a mod. And all you remember is a bright light in the middle of the night.

What do you need to do in order to be a mod?

Well I had to bow down and worship before the scary lady with a gun Pooey-Moo and do the utmost bidding of her henchwoman VeryValent-Bromine (names disguised to protect the not-so-innocent). But in reality it's not the becoming the mod that is traumatic it is the first staff party when someone - normally Phi in a false moustache - explains what it is they actually do with the cheez-nips.

Well I had to bow down and worship before the scary lady with a gun Pooey-Moo and do the utmost bidding of her henchwoman VeryValent-Bromine (names disguised to protect the not-so-innocent). But in reality it's not the becoming the mod that is traumatic it is the first staff party when someone - normally Phi in a false moustache - explains what it is they actually do with the cheez-nips.

I had to acquire compromising photos of John and have him promise to make me an admin......then wait two years and become a mod.

The number one rule for mod selection is we never ask someone who is asking to be a mod. This keeps those with an agenda out. For years we thought ydoaPs was a mole from the Creationist Museum because he kept yammering at us about being a mod while vehemently denying any affiliation, yet his Outlook calendar only goes back 6000 years. Very suspicious.

We've learned that great diversity makes for a well-rounded staff. CaptainPanic is your typical engineer, with mirrors on the toes of his shoes and a well-folded map in his glove-box. He's writing a book on razor-blade origami, which has taken him longer than expected with all the transfusions.

Our buddy imatfaal runs a one-man legal office/brothel/courier service from the back of his bicycle. When he's not juggling between gigoling and jurispruding, he literally pedals his services to most of London's most desperate housewives.

Hypervalent_iodine is finishing her Empress of Everything training, earning money on the side working as a guard in one of those women's bikini prisons you should hear so much about these days. Her perspective is captivating, as always. DON'T DRINK ANYTHING SHE GIVES YOU. Just sayin'.

swansont is, of course, who the movie character Doctor Evil is based on. He invented the frikkin' laser and helped develop techniques to minimize burst pressure in whoopee cushion teleportation. There's an enormous red button on the wall behind his desk with an equally enormous sign that reads, "Don't PUSH me!". We don't.

We asked mooeypoo to leave her job running Collections for some Israeli mental institution (Mysaab? Mosshead? Mossad?) and she was secretly overjoyed. She's extremely thorough and while some of the staff find her a bit over the top, I don't think frisking can ever be "excessive".

Klaynos is a member of The Rolling Stones, but I'm not allowed to say which one. A concert tour went to Cern and Mi Klaynos was hooked on the physics. He came for the concert but stayed for the collisions. Klaynos (wink.png ) continues to petition the scientific community to change the name "Big Bang" to "Jumpin' Jack Flash". I signed, what the hell.

I was asked to be a mod by blike, a plastic surgeon who makes more money selling celebrity fat on Ebay than he does with implants and facelifts. He told me he needed a "patsy" who could sign "some papers" and not be able to "figure out what he was really up to". I was flattered and said yes. It's been one long, drawn-out court battle after another ever since. I have no idea if blike is in the country anymore, or if that's even his real name.

Usually - and I mean no offense by this - the ones who start these topics are the ones we'd never in a million years ask to be a mod.

What happens is this. Staff decide we need to con kidnap recruit new gullible fools people to exterminate Phi rookies and we then discuss who we think would be good at the job based on posting history, message the member we decide upon and throw cheese nips at them until they say yes.

You have a history of starting crack pot threads and in at least one instance, creating a sock puppet account to come in and agree with you. This sort of behaviour pretty much excludes you from being considered, especially when we have so many other members with a great posting history that haven't broken our rules.

They tell you this in mod training camp, but in actual fact, the admin had to evict them all after an incident involving Phi, a bottle of vegetable oil and some expired cheese nips.

How do I have crackpot threads? You expect calling somebody's threads crackpot will not offend them?

I'm not asking, but I was just wondering.

The number one rule for mod selection is we never ask someone who is asking to be a mod. This keeps those with an agenda out. For years we thought ydoaPs was a mole from the Creationist Museum because he kept yammering at us about being a mod while vehemently denying any affiliation, yet his Outlook calendar only goes back 6000 years. Very suspicious.

We've learned that great diversity makes for a well-rounded staff. CaptainPanic is your typical engineer, with mirrors on the toes of his shoes and a well-folded map in his glove-box. He's writing a book on razor-blade origami, which has taken him longer than expected with all the transfusions.

Our buddy imatfaal runs a one-man legal office/brothel/courier service from the back of his bicycle. When he's not juggling between gigoling and jurispruding, he literally pedals his services to most of London's most desperate housewives.

Hypervalent_iodine is finishing her Empress of Everything training, earning money on the side working as a guard in one of those women's bikini prisons you should hear so much about these days. Her perspective is captivating, as always. DON'T DRINK ANYTHING SHE GIVES YOU. Just sayin'.

swansont is, of course, who the movie character Doctor Evil is based on. He invented the frikkin' laser and helped develop techniques to minimize burst pressure in whoopee cushion teleportation. There's an enormous red button on the wall behind his desk with an equally enormous sign that reads, "Don't PUSH me!". We don't.

We asked mooeypoo to leave her job running Collections for some Israeli mental institution (Mysaab? Mosshead? Mossad?) and she was secretly overjoyed. She's extremely thorough and while some of the staff find her a bit over the top, I don't think frisking can ever be "excessive".

Klaynos is a member of The Rolling Stones, but I'm not allowed to say which one. A concert tour went to Cern and Mi Klaynos was hooked on the physics. He came for the concert but stayed for the collisions. Klaynos (wink.png ) continues to petition the scientific community to change the name "Big Bang" to "Jumpin' Jack Flash". I signed, what the hell.

I was asked to be a mod by blike, a plastic surgeon who makes more money selling celebrity fat on Ebay than he does with implants and facelifts. He told me he needed a "patsy" who could sign "some papers" and not be able to "figure out what he was really up to". I was flattered and said yes. It's been one long, drawn-out court battle after another ever since. I have no idea if blike is in the country anymore, or if that's even his real name.

Oh, thanks for the info.

Edited by Endercreeper01