If you ruled the world what would you do?

Reaper

Yeah, I'm bored and it's just another one of those threads......

Anyways, if you ruled the world, what would you do? Or rather, what do you wish would happen, as opposed to what would probably happen....

I could say that if I ruled the world, there would be world peace, no poverty, no pollution, etc.... but, meh, I know that's a bunch of baloney.

I will be honest, if I ruled the world I would probably establish a military dictatorship.

I will be honest, if I ruled the world I would probably establish a military dictatorship.
If you actually ruled the world your military dictatorship would have been established long ago.

So are you asking 1) how you would go about ruling the world or 2) what you would do with it once you already ruled it?

I would make everyone practice real tolerance. From there, freedom and liberty will naturally compell them and perhaps they wouldn't overburden me with appeals for legislation.

Oh, and I would take some women for my harem. Yeah I know, hypocritical, but hey, I'm the freaking ruler so get over it.

There's an interesting book and show series that takes this to the extreme... Death Note is the name. As you read, it seems a bit.. inhumane, but there ARE some who would take this approach.

Me? I wouldn't know.. I'd probably make punishments harsher for a better society. Because god knows there's too much crime. (I wouldn't kill them, no, but allow them a Lord of the Flies sort of setting. Let them fend for themselves.)

I can't even win when I play SimCity, there's no way I'd want to be responsible for running an entire world.

People always complaining to me about global warming, disease epidemics, famines, resource management, civil rights issues, cultural frictions, etc...

I'd rather just nuke the planet.

haha Transdecimal, that's pretty funny! ;):P

Hmm, like Cap'n I'd try to increase the rate of natural selection through various methods (probably deemed as inhumane by those silly human rights people).

If I was in a bad mood I'd probably act on the fact that parts of the world are soo doomed that they may as well either be isolated or removed.

But in other respects I think educating the nation (people, on average, are far too stupid) and promoting technological advances through new scientific breakthroughs are definately the way forward!

I can't even win when I play SimCity, there's no way I'd want to be responsible for running an entire world.

People always complaining to me about global warming, disease epidemics, famines, resource management, civil rights issues, cultural frictions, etc...

I'd rather just nuke the planet.

haha... ya I was a bad mayor when I use to play that.

People were complaining because there was no running water or power in some spots... cry babies.

• 2 months later...
Anyways, if you ruled the world, what would you do? Or rather, what do you wish would happen, as opposed to what would probably happen....

Simple....destroy it and start it all over again.

Simple....destroy it and start it all over again.

That's so old school. If you do it, remember to save two of everything, because even the creator apparently didn't feel up to the task of making new life again. I guess getting past the genetic diversity was his miracle :doh:

If I ruled the world, I would pick a really smart and nice person as a successor, then complain and whine about his performance. :D

First thing would do is abolish money and set up a meritocracy. Privileges to those who merit such.

Next I would establish a Planetary Healthcare system. If you're sick, you get treated. Period.

Then I would set up a Minimum Subsistence (MinSub) program designed to feed, clothe and house every person on the planet. No frills whatsoever but no homelessness or starvation either.

Education would be the next hurdle. Everyone would get taught to the extent of their abilities and those who show a propensity for certain subjects or work would be encouraged along those lines.

Next I would have a World Citizenship program. This would require that you perform some sort of task for your fellow earthlings. If you don't work, you don't get the privileges of a Citizen (which would be many). If you feel like taking a break or a leave of absence longer than normal, you can always fall back on MinSub.

Workgroups would take the place of corporations and I'd like to limit communities to no more than about a hundred people to instill a more personal feel. Several of the workgroups would be working to establish our presence off-planet, and science education would be mandatory to a certain level :cool:.

After 20 years or so, once the next generation had begun with this system in place, I would probably allow this meritocracy to elevate someone else to my position, and I would retire to write my memoirs.