New Study Confirms No Connection Between MMR and Autism

StringJunky

9 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Try reading one...

Your right I'm wasting time talking to you. You have nothing worth learning.

10 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Some stupidities are worth a civil war if they can be fixed forever. Is that really what you call "people dumb"? Or is it perhaps the only way to deal with certain issues?

Yeah once you start pushing killing people as a solution I'm done. 

30 minutes ago, Akmose said:

I think you are taking what Phi said out of context; what he said is wrt to civil wars, not anti-vaxxers. Some measures are necessary in some circumstances. You need to bear in mind you are on a science forum and things tend to get discussed in a more dispassionate way, as an attempt to address the fundamentals of a problem without the emotional baggage. When it comes to actually  applying those ideas in real life, then that baggage has to be addressed.

Edited by StringJunky

55 minutes ago, Akmose said:

Like Stringy, I'm rather perturbed at the way you have taken the relative passage out of context.  How would you handle the problem with ignorant anti vaxxers? While the majority of parents adhere to the warnings and advice of medical authorities etc, the few blockheads that don't accept the evidence are making the most noise it seems and are actively spreading their evil ignorant, and erroneous claims through social media. Idoitic lying claims like health professionals are lying etc.

Any death from diseases the likes of measles for instance is a life gone totally unnecessarily. If such a death/s can be traced back to an unvaccinated person, perhaps we need look at charging that person. What do you think of that? Vaccinations must be compulsory to protect the innocent.

In Madagascar I doubt there are many, if any, antivaxxers.

In Madagascar, one of the world’s poorest countries, parents are desperate to vaccinate their children, many trudging for miles to get to clinics for shots. But there are not enough vaccines, the health ministry says, and many people are too poor to afford them.

In January, Limberaza began to cough. A rash followed. After a week, he died, his body afire with fever.

By then Dada’s niece, three-year-old Martina, was also sick. Her weeping mother Martine stroked her face as her fever spiked.

She died eight days later.

That evening, his other sister Pela’s three-year-old son Mario died as she clutched his hands.

“They were so full of life,” Dada said, his voice breaking.

The three cousins are among the almost 1,000 people, mostly children, who have died from measles in Madagascar since October.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-madagascar-measles/without-vaccine-hundreds-of-children-die-in-madagascar-measles-outbreak-idUKKCN1QP0MK

12 hours ago, Akmose said:

\Yeah once you start pushing killing people as a solution I'm done. 

When you make strawmen huge, everybody can easily see them. This one can be seen from LEO. 

But it shows us the limits of your stance.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, John Cuthber said:

Sadly,, I don't think another study will make much difference

The ones who think "it's a conspiracy" will still think that.

Logic didn't convince them before; why would it now?

Why is it that people who draw connection to something and then they get label as conspiracy and when information come out to be true and yet they are still called conspiracy and yet science say we came from rock. 

Drawing connection is great and logic thing to do but proof is so much better. 

2 hours ago, Scotty2002 said:

Why is it that people who draw connection to something and then they get label as conspiracy and when information come out to be true and yet they are still called conspiracy and yet science say we came from rock. 

You do realize that science depends on proof right?

4 hours ago, Scotty2002 said:

And the study is proof (as far as it can be) that MMR doesn't cause autism.

18 hours ago, koti said:

You do realize that science depends on proof right?

From my understanding the process gose this 1. observation, 2. Ask questions, 3. Make hypothesis, 4. Analyze the data and draw conclusions, 5. Reproduce the experiment. 6. No reproducibility – no science. 

I only go by facts that can be reproduced and get same results of what is expected.

3 hours ago, Scotty2002 said:

From my understanding the process gose this 1. observation, 2. Ask questions, 3. Make hypothesis, 4. Analyze the data and draw conclusions, 5. Reproduce the experiment. 6. No reproducibility – no science. 

I only go by facts that can be reproduced and get same results of what is expected.

!

Moderator Note

Stop taking this thread off topic. If you have something to say about the topic of the thread then say it. If you want to discuss the scientific method, start a new thread.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, ZuhalSakiroglu said:

It is important for people with determinants

I've run this past a myriad of various sensors but nothing makes sense; tell me... what, in this threads context, is a determinant? 

46 minutes ago, Danijel Gorupec said:

But why the study - scientific or political reasons? Was there any doubt in scientific community?

You may as well ask "is there any doubt in my private club?" if you can't muster a political campaign.

Edited by dimreepr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.