The 'new' Swansont

MigL

Prompted by a banning of someone acting like a poor imitation of Dr. Evil.

Your Avatar was changed perfect for "The Banning", it throw me at first until I understood the "fuller picture".

Now I believe it allows you a greater freedom, "A change is as good as a rest".

My picture is easily spotted? Where?

I think I can find maybe three images of me.

It took me 5 minutes to find one from a group picture cutting a cake.

Some time ago I had found another one from a seminar you gave. I don't bother to find it back, it was just to see who was behind Sean Connery (not behind James Bond).

That makes two. Happy to learn you found yourself a third time..

Noticing you choosed as avatar twice a person portrayed by an actor and not a real individual.

Noticing you choosed as avatar twice a person portrayed by an actor and not a real individual.

Yes, I'm sure that has a deeper meaning that will invalidate everything he's ever said. Good eye, we'll have to use a much better psych evaluation on staff in the future.

That's not all. The offices across from me are vacant — we use them for storage — but we want them to look occupied. I put "Jonathan Tuttle" on one and "Lennay Kekua" on the other.

I especially like Tuttle because he's second-order fictional. Even within the TV show, he's made up. Other options were "Harvey" and "Godot" (or perhaps Harvey Godot) I put a picture of an actual office in the window, and if you don't look closely it actually looks like an office. It's fooled people on multiple occasions.

Kekua was more topical. The fiction of the moment. That office is called "The Holodeck"; IT didn't want us to call it "The Server Room" because we weren't supposed to own any servers. A picture of the ST:TNG holodeck interface is posted, saying it's running a simulation of a 21st century storage room. Inside, there's evidence that the simulation is breaking down (the holodeck "grid" is showing in one corner)

Short answer is that you probably don't have to look too deeply (often beyond me trying to make a joke) as a reason for doing things that are peripheral to the nuts and bolts of science, or other things that demand that I be serious.

Maybe we could use that as a form of punishment. Instead of suspension, we just Jar Jar your avatar.

There is precedence. Dax got Teletubbied several years back. I don't think he ever got over it.

Sort of a binks instead of a ban. :P

Big props for quick, my man.

It took me 5 minutes to find one from a group picture cutting a cake.

Some time ago I had found another one from a seminar you gave. I don't bother to find it back, it was just to see who was behind Sean Connery (not behind James Bond).

That makes two. Happy to learn you found yourself a third time..

You guys are good stalkers. I'm not finding these pictures.