SFN Upgraded

Dave

I just noticed we no longer have header information displayed when we quote someone. It would be nice if we still see the name of the person we are quoting, etc.

It's displayed in the actual post, but not by default in the editor. If you want the BBCode in the editor, there's a button at the top left of the editor that looks like a lightswitch. Click it, and the code appears.

It's displayed in the actual post, but not by default in the editor. If you want the BBCode in the editor, there's a button at the top left of the editor that looks like a lightswitch. Click it, and the code appears.

Hmm. Seems to be just the opposite for me. While I am in the editor I can see "quote name="ydoaPs" post="716849" timestamp="1354639382"", but after I hit 'Add Reply' I don't see see any of that information in my published post.

I also don't see any buttons at all in my editor.

When I am replying to someone, in the old system if you scrolled down to previous posts, what you saw were the most recent posts first. Now when I reply I see the posts in reverse order. That is, if I scroll down while replying the first post I see is the original post in the thread.

The order previously seen was, IMO, better as I often look at recent posts as I am writing my response.

It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond in the middle of a quoted section, just put the cursor in where you want the response and then hit return a couple of times. Your cursor will leave the quote box and you will be able to type your reply.

It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond in the middle of a quoted section, just put the cursor in where you want the response and then hit return a couple of times. Your cursor will leave the quote box and you will be able to type your reply.

You can also get around this by hitting the little switch button on the top left of the edit panel to show the BBCode and then add quote tags, etc., as you would with the old software.

Thanks, but what I meant was that if I look at the posts under Topic Summary while I am working on this, the first post I see is the page one post from dave saying "You will probably have noticed that following a couple of hours upgrading, we have successfully upgraded to the latest version of our forum software".

Before the upgrade, if I had looked at the posts under Topic Summary the first one I would have seen would have been yours, saying "It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond...".

Thanks, but what I meant was that if I look at the posts under Topic Summary while I am working on this, the first post I see is the page one post from dave saying "You will probably have noticed that following a couple of hours upgrading, we have successfully upgraded to the latest version of our forum software".

Before the upgrade, if I had looked at the posts under Topic Summary the first one I would have seen would have been yours, saying "It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond...".

That's interesting. Not a particularly helpful change. I'll see if it can be changed, or if it was intentional.

I understand. My post wasn't meant to be a solution to that problem, it was just a general "I figured out this new feature and maybe someone else hasn't" post.

However, while responding, I notice that the posts above this are in reverse chronological order.

A few minutes a go this one didn't now it does...

Hmm... now I cannot rep either... Your post above mine doesn't have the plus / minus (up / down) buttons. :confused:

Previous page allows rep, though

But if I leave the thread and come back in, I can. Possibly an issue with cookies.

Edited by iNow

The menu button that leads to things like "new content" and "messenger" has ceased to function on the mobile version of the site. Worked a minute ago though.

This problem has been remedied. If that was you, Capn or Dave, thanks for that.

Is it working for you now Klaynos?

I don't know if this is happening to everyone else, but with the upgrade my notifications settings were deleted and I was not being notified of replies to forums I am following or where I am posting. I have changed the settings manually again. Check your profile settings!