#21 Cap'n Refsmmat

Cap'n Refsmmat

Mr. Wizard

• Administrators
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 4 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

It's sloooow. Very, very slow.

I'm looking into this; something is loading the server. I'll see what I can do.

Cap'n Refsmmat
SFN Administrator

#22 mississippichem

mississippichem

fluorescent protein

• Resident Experts
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 4 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

The menu button that leads to things like "new content" and "messenger" has ceased to function on the mobile version of the site. Worked a minute ago though.
You've come a long way. Remember back when we defined what a velocity meant? Now we are talking about an antisymmetric tensor of second rank in four dimensions.

-Feynman Lectures on Physics II

#23 hypervalent_iodine

hypervalent_iodine

Malevolent Viper

• Moderators
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 4 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Yup, that's working.

Ok, so I assume when you click into your warning log you see a list of what dates you received warning, how many points you got and who gave them to you? If you click on the more details button, you shouldn't see anything as all of the notes we have there currently are staff notes. There is an option when we create warnings to leave a note for the member as well, which probably won't be used terribly much as we tend to address the reason behind the warning as mod notes or via PM.

#24 Klaynos

Klaynos

Insert Witty Comment

• Moderators
  • 8,277 posts

Posted 4 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

The menu button that leads to things like "new content" and "messenger" has ceased to function on the mobile version of the site. Worked a minute ago though.

I'm experiencing similar problems, only on certain pages though.
Klaynos - share and enjoy.

#25 CarbonCopy

CarbonCopy

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 4 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Ahhh, finally, the interface looks modern. Nice work with the speech editor.

They're not here. Let's ride the Ferris wheel and see if we can spot them. I love Ferris wheels. The circular motion… The mechanics… They're like collections of elegant formulas. - Natural Harmonia Gropius, from Pokémon Black and White.

Let's make learning fun ! Check out my blog about science, learning and education.

#26 Phi for All

Phi for All

Chief Executive Offworlder

• Moderators
  • 16,283 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 4 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have no warnings to display :'(

We charged your account a penny for every warning point you've had in the last 8 years. That's how we were able to afford the software upgrade.

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!" -- Super Chicken

God does have to keep the miracles going, or no one would believe that He is real.

#27 zapatos

zapatos

Lepton

• Senior Members
  • 2,482 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 4 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I just noticed we no longer have header information displayed when we quote someone. It would be nice if we still see the name of the person we are quoting, etc.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. -MP

"As a good christian, I'm always going to disagree with any proof you try to give me." -Peter BE cimp

#28 ydoaPs

ydoaPs

The Oncoming Storm

• Moderators
  • 10,501 posts
  • LocationLocal Group

Posted 4 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I just noticed we no longer have header information displayed when we quote someone. It would be nice if we still see the name of the person we are quoting, etc.

It's displayed in the actual post, but not by default in the editor. If you want the BBCode in the editor, there's a button at the top left of the editor that looks like a lightswitch. Click it, and the code appears.

"Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch we are free."-Valerie(V for Vendetta)

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love and whiskey."-Carl Sagan[revised]

"The universe is under no obligation to us not to be absurd."

#29 zapatos

zapatos

Lepton

• Senior Members
  • 2,482 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 4 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

It's displayed in the actual post, but not by default in the editor. If you want the BBCode in the editor, there's a button at the top left of the editor that looks like a lightswitch. Click it, and the code appears.

Hmm. Seems to be just the opposite for me. While I am in the editor I can see "quote name="ydoaPs" post="716849" timestamp="1354639382"", but after I hit 'Add Reply' I don't see see any of that information in my published post.

I also don't see any buttons at all in my editor.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. -MP

"As a good christian, I'm always going to disagree with any proof you try to give me." -Peter BE cimp

#30 Anilkumar

Anilkumar

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationTerdal, Karnataka state, India.

Posted 4 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I liked the new look & features.

#31 zapatos

zapatos

Lepton

• Senior Members
  • 2,482 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 4 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

When I am replying to someone, in the old system if you scrolled down to previous posts, what you saw were the most recent posts first. Now when I reply I see the posts in reverse order. That is, if I scroll down while replying the first post I see is the original post in the thread.

The order previously seen was, IMO, better as I often look at recent posts as I am writing my response.

#32 swansont

swansont

Evil Liar (or so I'm told)

• Moderators
  • 35,442 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 4 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond in the middle of a quoted section, just put the cursor in where you want the response and then hit return a couple of times.  Your cursor will leave the quote box and you will be able to type your reply.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

#33 hypervalent_iodine

hypervalent_iodine

Malevolent Viper

• Moderators
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 4 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond in the middle of a quoted section, just put the cursor in where you want the response and then hit return a couple of times.  Your cursor will leave the quote box and you will be able to type your reply.

You can also get around this by hitting the little switch button on the top left of the edit panel to show the BBCode and then add quote tags, etc., as you would with the old software.

#34 zapatos

zapatos

Lepton

• Senior Members
  • 2,482 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 4 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Thanks, but what I meant was that if I look at the posts under Topic Summary while I am working on this, the first post I see is the page one post from dave saying "You will probably have noticed that following a couple of hours upgrading, we have successfully upgraded to the latest version of our forum software".

Before the upgrade, if I had looked at the posts under Topic Summary the first one I would have seen would have been yours, saying "It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond...".

#35 ACG52

ACG52

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 4 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I agree with zapatos.  Having the most recent post displayed first makes responding easier.

Its the way nature is!

If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!" 

#36 Cap'n Refsmmat

Cap'n Refsmmat

Mr. Wizard

• Administrators
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 4 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thanks, but what I meant was that if I look at the posts under Topic Summary while I am working on this, the first post I see is the page one post from dave saying "You will probably have noticed that following a couple of hours upgrading, we have successfully upgraded to the latest version of our forum software".

Before the upgrade, if I had looked at the posts under Topic Summary the first one I would have seen would have been yours, saying "It may not be obvious (took me a bit to figure it out) but if you want to respond...".

That's interesting. Not a particularly helpful change. I'll see if it can be changed, or if it was intentional.

Cap'n Refsmmat
SFN Administrator

#37 uncool

uncool

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 4 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I noticed that when I tried to quote someone, it didn't include the quotes from their posts (that is, it didn't include the people that they had quoted). This is extremely annoying. Any chance of changing that?

=Uncool-

#38 swansont

swansont

Evil Liar (or so I'm told)

• Moderators
  • 35,442 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 4 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I understand.  My post wasn't meant to be a solution to that problem, it was just a general "I figured out this new feature and maybe someone else hasn't" post.

However, while responding, I notice that the posts above this are in reverse chronological order.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

#39 Moontanman

Moontanman

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 9,481 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern North Carolina

Posted 4 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Somethings wrong... some threads let me give rep others do not... what am i missing? 

Life is the poetry of the Universe
Love is the poetry of life

You do not possess belief, belief possesses you...

I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't let them crawl into my skull and take a dump... 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but illusion of knowledge.” — Stephen Hawking

"In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ~ thomas jefferson

Religion evaporates in the light of critical inquiry much like the morning dew in the light of the rising sun... 

Check out my YouTube channel here.

If I was helpful, let me know by clicking the [+] sign ->

#40 iNow

iNow

SuperNerd

• Senior Members
  • 16,998 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 4 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Which threads don't let you give rep?  Certain forums maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users