SFN Upgraded

Dave

I really really hate how much I love the new setup. I despise whoever thought it didn't need improvement.

Anyway, is there a way to change the quotes back to the [ quote...][/ quote] format for copying and pasting? As of now, a copied quote loses the box upon being pasted.

Also, there seems to be a problem in this thread.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/71232-the-physical-and-mental-are-the-same/

Prometheus' last post = "Posted Yesterday, 12:40 PM"

My last post = Posted Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Why is my post after his?

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

I really really hate how much I love the new setup. I despise whoever thought it didn't need improvement.

Anyway, is there a way to change the quotes back to the [ quote...]

[ /quote]

format for copying and pasting? As of now, a copied quote loses the box upon being pasted.

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but you can still hit the quote icon (looks like a baloon) then paste inside. You can also hit the toggle on the upper left to toggle between a) using all the format icons or b) seeing the [ quote] [ /quote] and other format code to do it manually.

No textbox should appear, but if you hit the 'quote' icon to reply to someone, then clicking on the toggle icon will toggle between seeing their quote in a box, or seeing their quote surrounded by [ quote] [ /quote].

If you paste someone's text into your post, you can put the [ quote] [ /quote] around their text. Then when you Preview or Post the text will be inside the box.

Or am I still misunderstanding your question?

Edited by zapatos

I don't understand that.

Imagine a large quote with two paragraphs. E.g. If you put the cursor in the middle of both paragraphs and click twice the enter key the quote is automatically splinted into two parts and you can reply to each one of the paragraphs by separate.

And if anyone notices any glaring problems, please do let me know. I'm going to try to squish the obvious bugs, but there will likely be more lurking.

If I may, I'd like to pick up on the word "glaring". The screen does seem to "glare" now. That's because of the very bright central area. It's such an intense white, that it makes my eyes hurt, and shy away from it.

Could the central screen area, be toned down a bit, by using for instance, a pale blue colour - like in the side strips? This would make the screen easier on the eyes, and more comfortable to look at.

Because 10:51PM comes after 12:41 PM?

Darn, you're right. Clearly, I have forgotten what circular clocks look like.

His post didn't appear before I had made my post. Then again, perhaps I didn't see an updated page immediately because I had opened the thread from a firefox bookmark.

Or am I still misunderstanding your question?

The button next to it has a textbox caption that says, "Remove Format," and the next one has a caption that says, "Special BBCode." The button I wanted has no caption. That's why I didn't think there was any way to do it.

testing testing

[acr=Laughing Out Loud]LOL[/acr]

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

Aaaargh, now I am crying.frown.gif

I cannot see my own posted ,jpg images in my own threads.

But I still can see .gif I created. That's awesome. Another IE8 issue.

Under Firefox I can see everything. There must be some technical explanation other than IE is crap.

If it cannot be fixed, there should be an announcment that SFN does not work correctly under IE8.

Aaaargh, now I am crying.frown.gif

I cannot see my own posted ,jpg images in my own threads.

But I still can see .gif I created. That's awesome. Another IE8 issue.

Under Firefox I can see everything. There must be some technical explanation other than IE is crap.

If it cannot be fixed, there should be an announcment that SFN does not work correctly under IE8.

I can still see all jpg pictures in your posts with IE8 in this thread: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/70266-redshift/

I can still see all jpg pictures in your posts with IE8 in this thread: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/70266-redshift/

Yes. Today I see everything too. I am illiterate that's why I understand nothing...

Still; having the issue with the grey screen and nothing happening when pushing the "image" button. All other buttons are working fine.

Anyway I switched to Firefox.

Lists don't work right. See http://http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/71250-when-do-we-feel-gravity/page-2#entry717870

Multiquote doesn't work right. Nothing to show cause it doesn't work right. Only one post shows up.

Where's the delete button? When I posted something that looked completely wrong, I would sometimes delete the post and start over. Now I can't do that.

I never have liked the "edited by" stuff. Don't show that the post has been edited if the edit was made less than a few minutes after the post was submitted.

Edited by D H

Is LaTeX working properly? If it does, then how does one preview the formula before submitting?

EDIT: Testing

[math]1+1=2[/math]

[latex]1+1=2[/latex]

Conclusion -> Both tags seems to work after submitting post, but I don't know how to preview before posting.

Edited by Spyman

Where's the delete button? When I posted something that looked completely wrong, I would sometimes delete the post and start over. Now I can't do that.

Are you talking about the 'cancel' button? If so, if you choose 'More Reply Options' you will see it there.

Are you talking about the 'cancel' button? If so, if you choose 'More Reply Options' you will see it there.

No, I'm talking about the 'Delete' button, which no longer exists. Suppose I post a reply but I don't like what I see, so I wan't to delete it. There is no way to do that.

No, I'm talking about the 'Delete' button, which no longer exists. Suppose I post a reply but I don't like what I see, so I wan't to delete it. There is no way to do that.

DH - I think you only have that since you're a resident expert. The rest of us haven't had a delete post option for quite a long time.

I also agree with you that being able to edit with appending an "Edited by" tag within the first few minutes of post submission would be appreciated.