I would like to have a debate with someone that claims math is 'real'

deema78

Why do folks not get that logic and illogic are the literal two binding principles of our universe? Our universe was FOUNDED on logic an illogic.

Big bang "A". What happened after in the physical we could say "B". What happened in the quantum we could say "the rest of alphabet all at once"

Point is, it is all those two principles after the bang. It doesn't matter how you want to use math to explain it. There was an "A" and a "B". Logic and illogic are the only two things in existence that are part of the actual bang, itself. Because the bang is "A". Math didnt come until after

Math is not real. It is an art form created to explain something

55 minutes ago, deema78 said:

Why do folks not get that logic and illogic are the literal two binding principles of our universe?

You need to define how you're using "logic". Logic in philosophy is different from that used in maths, and none of that looks anything like what most people think of as "logic". Pop-sci articles make it seem like "logic" means "this makes the most sense to me", and that's definitely wrong.

To a certain extent I accept that some of physics is real. The problem with physics, of course is that it only applies to the physical. What is math? Numbers? What are numbers? Made up bs. If math was REAL, it would be able to explain things. You would say "it takes time". No, dude. Nothing takes time

1 hour ago, deema78 said:

Why do folks not get that logic and illogic are the literal two binding principles of our universe? Our universe was FOUNDED on logic an illogic.

Big bang "A". What happened after in the physical we could say "B". What happened in the quantum we could say "the rest of alphabet all at once"

Point is, it is all those two principles after the bang. It doesn't matter how you want to use math to explain it. There was an "A" and a "B". Logic and illogic are the only two things in existence that are part of the actual bang, itself. Because the bang is "A". Math didnt come until after

Math is not real. It is an art form created to explain something

There are infinitely many prime numbers if a bang happened or not.

1 hour ago, deema78 said:

Logic and illogic are the only two things in existence that are part of the actual bang, itself.

How is the universe "illogical"? With behavior governed by chemistry and physics, how does a principle of reasoning, which requires an intelligence, fit into the overall structure of the universe? Does your explanation only become relevant after human life on Earth happened?

2 hours ago, deema78 said:

To a certain extent I accept that some of physics is real. The problem with physics, of course is that it only applies to the physical. What is math? Numbers? What are numbers? Made up bs. If math was REAL, it would be able to explain things. You would say "it takes time". No, dude. Nothing takes time

I suspect that rather than a debate, you are looking to holler at people until they've had enough, at which point you can claim victory.

!

Moderator Note