Jump to content

It's my duty to battle the Left (split from War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?}


Greg A.
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, iNow said:

Probably bc it’s way easier to be a pathetic little pant pissing troll that way. He’s been a member here all of about 2 weeks and yet already has a negative 21 rep score. 

I'm proud of my negative score stupid.  Something would be terribly wrong if I got support from the Left anyhow. And I consider it is my right and duty to do battle with what I see as society's #1 enemy, the Hydra that is the Left. And that's where ever it rears its head in a 'public place'. 

Be happy your chief censor or his sidekick will come down on me now. I've been locked out of my own thread by arrogant intellectuals, censorship under the guise of upholding the rules so I don't expect to go much further with this. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Greg A. said:

I've been locked out of my own thread by arrogant intellectuals, censorship under the guise of upholding the rules so I don't expect to go much further with this.

Do you need a tissue to wipe away all those crocodile tears?

2 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Democratic elections have given us the most disastrous form of government ever invented and it is this that's causing the problem.

I bet all of those people brutalized and murdered and tortured under autocrats and their sycophants would disagree, but thanks for showing your true colors and coming out forcefully in support of dictatorship over freedom and democracy of the people. It’s refreshing to see someone so oblivious to history. Oops… not refreshing. Meant repugnant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greg A. said:

Be happy your chief censor or his sidekick will come down on me now. I've been locked out of my own thread by arrogant intellectuals, censorship under the guise of upholding the rules so I don't expect to go much further with this. 

It is the fact that you live in a democratic society that allows you to vomit garbage like this.

If you like dictatorships so much, why do you have a problem with their MO, censorship ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Phi for All changed the title to It's my duty to battle the Left (split from War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?}
!

Moderator Note

Split off to its own topic for focus.

 

So when you're wrong about science and get called out for not following our rules of evidence, you call that censorship. Now you'd like to talk about how the Right is your ideal. How far do you take this? Do you believe anyone who thinks liberally deserves to die? What are you going to do with these people when you take over? Are you going to repeat the colonization indoctrination policies that worked so well for the Right to suppress all those people of color? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have rules against referring to other members as 'stupid'.

1 hour ago, Greg A. said:

I'm proud of my negative score stupid

Maybe some disciplinary action is in order ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MigL said:

We have rules against referring to other members as 'stupid'.

Maybe some disciplinary action is in order ?

He forgot the comma before "stupid", so he must be in grammatical agony anyway, and we'd hate to add to that burden. But I think everyone can handle talking about this without insults and rudeness. I've always wanted to know why some folks don't think others are as worthy as they.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greg A. said:

I'm proud of my negative score stupid.  Something would be terribly wrong if I got support from the Left anyhow. And I consider it is my right and duty to do battle with what I see as society's #1 enemy, the Hydra that is the Left. And that's where ever it rears its head in a 'public place'. 

One thing I’ve noticed about folks with similar stances is that they never seem to be able to articulate what their specific issues are. It’s always some vague complaint, often citing some caricature of the group they are railing against. Manufactured outrage, based on propaganda rather than fact.

 

3 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Be happy your chief censor or his sidekick will come down on me now. I've been locked out of my own thread by arrogant intellectuals, censorship under the guise of upholding the rules so I don't expect to go much further with this. 

I note that you aren’t denying that you’re failing to follow the rules, only that you see it as a burden and blaming others for it.

Am I the chief or the sidekick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Something would be terribly wrong if I got support from the Left anyhow.

The Left wants you to have universal healthcare coverage, which isn't tied to your employer and would cost a fraction of what most folks pay now.

They want you to have bodily autonomy and be the ultimate authority for what is done to you physically.

They would rather support you financially so you don't turn to crime than put you in prison for being poor and desperate.

They want people to have equal rights under the law. 

They want to be governed by principles, not authoritarian commanders pretending to lead.

They want everybody who's eligible to have access to voting, and they want them to exercise that right.

The way I see it, you either have to think those things can't happen, or you don't want them to happen. Which is it, and why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

It's my duty to battle the Left

Hilariously, you use words whose meaning you don't know..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics

"Today, ideologies such as social liberalism are considered to be centre-left, while the Left is typically reserved for anti-capitalist movements, namely socialism,[8] including anarchism, communism, the labour movement, Marxism, social democracy and syndicalism"

..and in another thread, you seemed to like the idea of (communist, i.e. far-left) China annexing/attacking (republican) China (aka "Taiwan")..

If you fight with the Left, as you claim, or believe in so, you should rather support non-communistic (i.e. not far-Left) Taiwan..

 

Edited by Sensei
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

Hilariously, you use words whose meaning you don't know..

And the very people he is defending are Russians and Chinese, both Communist, which is, by definition, left.

Authoritarian governments ( dictatorships ) are authoritarian no matter their political leaning; extreme right, or extreme left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, iNow said:

Do you need a tissue to wipe away all those crocodile tears?

Unreasonability is your shield, censorship is the sword that you wield. 

11 hours ago, iNow said:

I bet all of those people brutalized and murdered and tortured under autocrats and their sycophants would disagree, but thanks for showing your true colors and coming out forcefully in support of dictatorship over freedom and democracy of the people. It’s refreshing to see someone so oblivious to history. Oops… not refreshing. Meant repugnant. 

 Is physics your thing? If so that would explain your lack of grasp when it comes down to things philosophical. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MigL said:

It is the fact that you live in a democratic society that allows you to vomit garbage like this.

The garbage I vomit is being censored.

17 hours ago, MigL said:

If you like dictatorships so much, why do you have a problem with their MO, censorship ?

I'd said dictatorships are natural outcomes. 

17 hours ago, swansont said:

One thing I’ve noticed about folks with similar stances is that they never seem to be able to articulate what their specific issues are. It’s always some vague complaint, often citing some caricature of the group they are railing against. Manufactured outrage, based on propaganda rather than fact.

That might be because conservatives quite often have less formal education and are more reliant on intuition instead. Putting down intuitive feelings on paper isn't all that easy. That said I put a lot of thinking into what I believe is the truth. You dismiss my position by grouping me with most other people with conservative views. I don't hold you or anyone else responsible for this as whether we believe in a god or not evil still exists, manifesting in this instance as intellectual arrogance.  

 

17 hours ago, swansont said:

I note that you aren’t denying that you’re failing to follow the rules, only that you see it as a burden and blaming others for it.

Am I the chief or the sidekick?

Science should be about freedom to express our beliefs without fear of censorship. As it is my 'time experiment' has been cancelled. 

And I'm guessing you are the Chief's deputy. 

19 hours ago, MigL said:

We have rules against referring to other members as 'stupid'.

Maybe some disciplinary action is in order ?

How about censoring this "pathetic little pant pissing troll" by blocking me completely. Notching up another typically underhanded victory by the Left. 

You're from Canada, 'eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

The garbage I vomit is being censored.

Not really. It's still there, as noisome as ever. But you seem to be confusing freedom of speech and freedom from consequences.

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

That might be because conservatives quite often have less formal education and are more reliant on intuition instead.

And you think your ignorant intuition must be correct? What efforts do you take to check to see if your intuition isn't misguided?

Many conservatives also decry education. There's a fix for having to rely on intuition, but they avoid it, fervently.

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Putting down intuitive feelings on paper isn't all that easy. That said I put a lot of thinking into what I believe is the truth. You dismiss my position by grouping me with most other people with conservative views. I don't hold you or anyone else responsible for this as whether we believe in a god or not evil still exists, manifesting in this instance as intellectual arrogance.  

No, I think that nobody has dismissed what you say owing to grouping you in with other conservatives. In your closed thread, I don't think anything there was indicative of a conservative view. It was challenged on the claims you made but refused to substantiate.

 

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Science should be about freedom to express our beliefs without fear of censorship. As it is my 'time experiment' has been cancelled.

You had plenty of opportunity to present your case. You failed to do so. But you don't seem to see this as a failure, you blame others for this.

 

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

And I'm guessing you are the Chief's deputy. 

In some instances. We're both moderators, and both enforce the law. My moniker (evil liar, or so I'm told) and current avatar came about because someone thought I ran the place. (AFAICT it's consistent with a persecution complex. You focus on whoever is telling to straighten up and fly right)

 

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

How about censoring this "pathetic little pant pissing troll" by blocking me completely. Notching up another typically underhanded victory by the Left. 

Another common response. Despite the fact that you have broken specific rules, which have been pointed out to you, you choose to see this as "being hassled by the man" because of your views. I suppose it helps preserve your worldview. 

I will note that you still have not articulated any of your specific beefs with "the left"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greg A. said:

The garbage I vomit is being censored.

I'd said dictatorships are natural outcomes. 

That might be because conservatives quite often have less formal education and are more reliant on intuition instead. Putting down intuitive feelings on paper isn't all that easy. That said I put a lot of thinking into what I believe is the truth. You dismiss my position by grouping me with most other people with conservative views. I don't hold you or anyone else responsible for this as whether we believe in a god or not evil still exists, manifesting in this instance as intellectual arrogance.  

 

Science should be about freedom to express our beliefs without fear of censorship. As it is my 'time experiment' has been cancelled. 

And I'm guessing you are the Chief's deputy. 

How about censoring this "pathetic little pant pissing troll" by blocking me completely. Notching up another typically underhanded victory by the Left. 

You're from Canada, 'eh?

Genuine question, what drives your need to be right/win?

Because this post looks like, you've been caught cheating at solitaire and your outraged... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Science should be about freedom to express our beliefs without fear of censorship. As it is my 'time experiment' has been cancelled.

Oh the Irony... never mind.

Beliefs don't really have anything to do with science. You have been allowed the freedom of speech and had the opportunity to present your ideas and then been asked to back them up with actual scientific evidence. This is the scientific method, so why would you expect anything different on a science forum, discussing with actual scientists?

All you have demonstrated so far is an ignorance to actual real science, then thrown insults when being called out, rather than defending your position respectfully and politely using evidence that can be scrutinised then either accepted or rejected based on experiment and observation.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Unreasonability is your shield, censorship is the sword that you wield. 

Is it unreasonable to ask you to answer some questions? I gave you a list of things "the Left" would like you to have, full of all kinds of talking points. Instead, you're off on this censorship tirade, yet I can't see where that's happening. We don't delete posts. We move them if they're off-topic, and we sometimes hide them if they're offensive, but we don't delete. None of your posts have been hidden or deleted, so where's the censorship?

Most conservatives I've discussed politics with do the same thing. You tapdance around issues you don't intuitively grasp, relying on talking points you really haven't thought out. An example is healthcare. Many conservatives don't support universal healthcare because they say it all comes out of your taxes, and many liberals are confused because that's partly the point. You spend less on health insurance because EVERYBODY pays into one system through taxation rather than deal with hundreds of private insurors each charging enough to turn a profit. The government can run a risk pool like that more efficiently and cheaper because they have lower administrative costs and don't have to make a profit. Can you tell me why you don't support that, without all those partisan whines about being unreasonable and censorious? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Is it unreasonable to ask you to answer some questions? I gave you a list of things "the Left" would like you to have, full of all kinds of talking points. Instead, you're off on this censorship tirade, yet I can't see where that's happening. We don't delete posts. We move them if they're off-topic, and we sometimes hide them if they're offensive, but we don't delete. None of your posts have been hidden or deleted, so where's the censorship?

Most conservatives I've discussed politics with do the same thing. You tapdance around issues you don't intuitively grasp, relying on talking points you really haven't thought out. An example is healthcare. Many conservatives don't support universal healthcare because they say it all comes out of your taxes, and many liberals are confused because that's partly the point. You spend less on health insurance because EVERYBODY pays into one system through taxation rather than deal with hundreds of private insurors each charging enough to turn a profit. The government can run a risk pool like that more efficiently and cheaper because they have lower administrative costs and don't have to make a profit. Can you tell me why you don't support that, without all those partisan whines about being unreasonable and censorious? 

Thanks, I've overlooked that post. The first time so it's not that I'm trying to avoid anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greg A. said:

Thanks, I've overlooked that post. The first time so it's not that I'm trying to avoid anything. 

And yet... you just replied to this post, acknowledging both it and the former, however responded to the legitimate queries of neither. So the cycle continues... 

Evade. Ignore. Rant. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Greg A. said:

Thanks, I've overlooked that post. The first time so it's not that I'm trying to avoid anything. 

WTF dude?! Again you skip an opportunity to teach me why you're making the claims you do. I really want to know, and you're avoiding it by posting that you're not avoiding anything.

Pick even one of those items I mentioned, and give me your thoughts on why my liberal approach to the issue is wrong or bad for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.