Why you don't believe?

Randolpin

Says the book of fiction from 2K years ago.

It's not the age of the book but the truth which it speaks. It is the type of book which is best-selling, still stands and overcome all criticisms which also proves that it really speaks the truth.

Seriously Randolpin - every case of God helping you in your life will be explainable by either coincidence or human kindness. Give us an example that proves otherwise.

"Why are we sinners".... Because we are human beings - each one with the evolved propensity to be able to do both good and evil. I have never know a completely evil or completely good man. Is there any science to back this up? No - because it is a grey area of subjection and personal definition of where the line between good and evil is. Also - any proposed science to investigate this in the past would have been met with cries of heresy and punishment. Maybe we will know more in the future - I still think the world is going through a stage of global enlightenment.

"Overcomes all critisms!" ... - No it does not.

We should depend only on ourselves and each other, because love builds strong foundations.

But love is useless without God because God is love. He is the One who gave us the ability to love ourselves and most importantly to love and glorify Him.

What? Overcomes all criticism? You have no concept of rational argument, do you?

The book or the bible is God's Word, heaven and earth shall pass away but His Words are not. From 2k years ago up until now, and to forever, His words will remain.

If that is what you require to believe in love then so be it.

Why you have the ability to love if it is not from God? Does evolution make sense.. does inanimate particles combined and formed and ultimately it learns to have the ability to love?

Evidently.

Wonderful, isn't it?

How come mindless particles become intelligent and learn to love. Intelligence comes only from intelligence. The thought of the book you read is from the book but the one who make the thought of the book is intelligence. It is impossible letters arranged by themselves and eventually form thoughts.

How come mindless particles become intelligent and learn to love. Intelligence comes only from intelligence.

As i said, if that is what you require to believe in order for love to make sense to you then so be it.

Others have tried to give you evidence for this wonderful manifestation, but your heart and mind remain closed so there is no point discussing it. Never-mind, so long as your heart is open to love it doesn't really matter.

14 billion years is a long time... a lot can happen. Things start to live and move and think. :) It's amazing.... even more so than the creation myth in my recently acquired opinion. As usual, serendipitously, reality is far more fantastic and amazing than the fiction! :)

Phi - it is like hypnotism/brainwashing - I was the same sometime back. They just spout biblical word and that is supposed to trump everything... even if they loose the rational argument. They are lying to themselves... ironically, 'it is the truth that will set them free'.

How come mindless particles become intelligent and learn to love. Intelligence comes only from intelligence. The thought of the book you read is from the book but the one who make the thought of the book is intelligence. It is impossible letters arranged by themselves and eventually form thoughts.

Are trying to say that order cannot arise spontaneously?

They are already warned by God..

I think you mean-God created us having free will. God created us having free will so that we are not like robots following only what is intended to do. In other words, if God did not created free willed beings, those beings will not experience God's glory in many aspects like His mercy, love, Greatness etc. We are like robots incapable of realizing God's greatness or we are not conscious about it. But if we are free willed beings, we are conscious of God's glory. We have consciousness or awareness on ourselves and the surroundings. When you are conscious, you are free on what you want to do unlike robots.

Why wouldn't robots be capable of free will or consciousness, or even religious experiences? Since you like fiction: Battlestar Galactica is a great series that explores that line of thought.

But love is useless without God because God is love. He is the One who gave us the ability to love ourselves and most importantly to love and glorify Him.

Nope. A bunch of hormones is all it takes. Ever heard of oxytocine?

Ah, the "blind watchmaker" argument. You might find this video interesting: some guy gave random heaps of gears and springs the ability to mutate and procreate; the result: a functional clock.

Edited by Bender

Brother/sister, we are all sinners from the start of our life in this world we live.

Less of the "we", kemosabe.

But because God so loved the world ..

Because god was such a hypocrite, he tried to cover up the fact he had fucked up, bigly.

What are other reason why we are sinners?

Maybe we aren't and you are just deluded.

God is the Creator of all.

So, therefore he created evil.

Why?

He also created natural disasters.

Why?

We should depend only on God, because we owe our life from Him.

But he gave us free will so we wouldn't have to just depend on him.

So which is it? We should do our won thing (and get killed by your evil god) or we should slavishly follow your god's word just so we can survive?

I think you are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Seriously Randolpin - every case of God helping you in your life will be explainable by either coincidence or human kindness. Give us an example that proves otherwise.

"Why are we sinners".... Because we are human beings - each one with the evolved propensity to be able to do both good and evil. I have never know a completely evil or completely good man. Is there any science to back this up? No - because it is a grey area of subjection and personal definition of where the line between good and evil is. Also - any proposed science to investigate this in the past would have been met with cries of heresy and punishment. Maybe we will know more in the future - I still think the world is going through a stage of global enlightenment.

"Overcomes all critisms!" ... - No it does not.

Right or wrong doesn't actually exist if you don't belive in God but deep in your hearts, you know a certain action whether it is right or wrong, which make that specific worldview inconsistent.

I get it. That's a great answer for why many don't believe. Attribute all the wonderful things about us to god(s), and claim the evil that's left is pure human. What a horrible, spirit-deflating, anti-human outlook!

Every second, every minute etc., we are all vulnerable to create sinful acts. Nobody is perfect in this world.

Right or wrong doesn't actually exist if you don't belive in God

Rubbish.

Right and wrong are concepts defined and enforced by our local culture, whether that be our family, our tribe, our town, state, country, or any other community grouping.

We're a social species with social norms and mores that dictate whether we're socially rejected or accepted.

Belief in Zeus or Krishna or Yahweh or any of the countless many other gods laying dead in the graveyard of human mythology not required.

Right or wrong doesn't actually exist if you don't belive in God

This is at the top of all the ridiculousness you've exposed. It shows just how far down the rabbit hole you've managed to cram yourself.

I don't believe in your god(s) and I know right from wrong. The way I see it, you do the right thing because you fear your god, you're afraid of the consequences of doing wrong. What happens to your morals when your faith is weak, or you question your god(s), or even change what you believe? I do the right thing for purely moral reasons, so you'll never have to worry that I'm questioning my faith, or that I've switched religions.

I think right and wrong are only truly understandable without fear. Impossible, with your god.