Everything posted by dimreepr
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
We should consider the criminal as a victim, if we want a rattle free, well balanced, drive shaft...
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
Balance depends on the weight of your bias... 🤔
-
What do you see as the difference (if any) between rational thinking (analysis) and logical thinking (analysis) ?
I was thinking about a logical rule of when to lie; fiction is what we tell ourselves, a lie is what we tell other's for validation of our fiction... my point is, logic does not and can't understand emotional intelligence and that's rational, given our humanity... But you surely need a rule, to express yourself effectively; don't you?
-
What do you see as the difference (if any) between rational thinking (analysis) and logical thinking (analysis) ?
Is there a logical rule for lies?
-
A Time Experiment
You seem very confused about what actually exists and when; all you can know, with any degree of certainty, is what's happening now, to you; for instance, if you're alive in 97 year's, you can confirm the transit of Venus (unless it gets hit by a Tesla and, in 96 year's, it crashed into the sun)...
-
Artificial Consciousness Is Impossible
Indeed, how would we know? I can't immagine a question that would not result in a stereotype; imagine if you were an AI and had to convince people that you were deserving of, not being switched off...
-
Philosophy II
Interesting that you dismiss the role of religion in the meaning of life; given your copy-n-paste/quote... Don't make me break out "the parable of the madman"... 🤔 The thing he missed is, a dog doesn't choose it's meaning, it just accepted the meaning given in the place it find's itself; lucky dawg...
-
Philosophy II
I can't be bother to read his post (no disrespect, it's irrelevant), I have explained in the post's above... Yes: Just because you can't find meaning, that doesn't mean no meaning exists; if you want to find your own meaning, pay attention to "all" of your teacher's (including the nihilist) and when you understand their understanding, you can decide for yourself what is meaningful; which circles back to the subjective nature of the question/s in the OP, and why they're essentially the same question and why you need to think about what you want answered. I just don't agree with your nihilistic approach to life... 😉
-
Philosophy II
No, why would it? If that's what mistermack wrote, then you're both wrong... If you find peace in the twittering of a religion, how are they false or lies, and how is that not a meaning in life? BTW Twitter is a false religion, in case you were wondering...
-
Philosophy II
How do you know? Is life for a partially sighted person any less real than a person with 20-20 vision? If so, how? FTFY Also, how is this relevant to the topic?
-
Philosophy II
Ironic, isn't it???
-
Philosophy II
You didn't read this did you? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle If you don't ask the right question, you'll never understand the answer...
-
Philosophy II
If make your cake with talc instead of flour you'll end up with a lump of rock, what meaning does that have? Read this before you answer.
-
Philosophy II
If you make a cake, it only has meaning if you can eat it...
-
Philosophy II
This word salad just demonstrates your confusion, you may as well argue that the universe has intent, and since this isn't in the religious section, we can dismiss God out of hand; unless we trace back any meaning to "me"...
-
Philosophy II
Then you need to ask better question's and think about what you, "really", want to say.
-
If you get down in the mud with pigs, you end up smelling like one
I've never been able to smell how much I stink, and I don't wash...
-
Philosophy II
It's actually the same question, philosophically speaking, what is the purpose of me? The answer to which is, learn from your teachers and then decide for yourself.
-
What is Ground in electricity?
My car can do that... 😉
-
Why can`t one sense god?
If you're sensitive to other people, perhaps you'll detect the benefits of a deity to them (God is made by people for people); God doesn't have to make a rock to achieve that.
-
Gun control, which side wins?
When you fear the gun, don't walk into a firing range...
-
Gun control, which side wins?
Of course not, you've entirely missed @iNow and @Phi for All point.
-
Am I dead?
It's a question I've pondered for a while now: I love my food, the taste, the texture and being completely satisfied, the enjotment is X 1000 when I'm very hungry; so I tend to starve myself throughout the day (not very healthy but YOLO), the problem is, I also enjoy a JD. Now here's the rub; I sometimes have one too many and then eat; the problem is, the next day I can't remember the meal, I know that while drunk my enjoyment of the meal is no different to when I'm sobber (don't ask me how, it's a long explanation and tangential to my point). I'm me in the moment, but I'm also me because of my memories, so given this spectrum there has to be a point where the meaning of me is meaningless.
-
'Johnson by Name, Johnson by Nature'
Why would Lord Kato want an extension on his mansion? He was smart enough to know that a well fed worker, neither has the time or inclination to challenge his privilege; Bojo doesn't seem to understand that fundamental social(ist) fact.
-
'Johnson by Name, Johnson by Nature'
Many follies, particularly during times of famine, such as the Great Famine in Ireland, were built as a form of poor relief, to provide employment for peasants ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folly