Everything posted by dimreepr
-
'Johnson by Name, Johnson by Nature'
policy: the art of persuading others to agree with what you want, whatever it costs them...
-
'Johnson by Name, Johnson by Nature'
He's a bloviating buffoon, that we voted for; the tunnel is a mobius strip and the light we see is a train; maybe one day we'll stop kicking the can down the road and put it in the bin: that would be the end, until it's not... Politics is like two fleas arguing over who owns the dog their both biting.
-
English Language - words, meanings and context
Exactly...
-
English Language - words, meanings and context
Perhaps you need to live in America to appreciate the subtleties...
-
English Language - words, meanings and context
Sorry, I don't get the joke... 🤔
-
English Language - words, meanings and context
And contemporary language is essential for that; you can teach people with out of date books/language but the meaning gets lost to easily; so we end up teaching intelligent people that it's OK to kill/hate/belittle those that you consider have wasted potential.
-
English Language - words, meanings and context
It's all relative...
-
Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
OK, break out the math and show us; I won't undestand if you do, I don't speak the language... MEH I can't be bothered, you don't even know the right word for hypothesis...
-
Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
Believe it or not, you're not the first person to rock up on this site knowing their opinion is more valuable than the knowledge of the ages; few of us stay long enough to actually learn something.
-
Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
- Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us. - Socrates The thing about philosophy is, it's all been said before; if one say's something completely new, your probably wrong - me- Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. Plato- Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something. - Plato- Consciousness
But what does your conscience say?- Off-topic: Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?
I'm not telling you to smile, I'm just smiling at you...- Anyone read "Darwin's Black Box" ?
Our ancestors, at best, are equally advanced... But what has this got to do with the price of egg's???- Off-topic: Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?
I think it fundamentally answers the OP, any treatment for depression that doesn't involve medication has to be communicated and for that we need a common language and what better place to start; a smile may not be the answer (I seldom get angry with a smile on my face), but it is a step on the path...- Off-topic: Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?
The greater good of the majority depends on you, if you think about it... A single smile does not a summer make, but it can be the start of spring (ooooomg I am wise, go figure😇)...- Off-topic: Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?
Tomorrow he will go out and catch enough fish for today... 😉- Off-topic: Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?
- Off-topic: Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?
Most people don't think that deeply... So basically, your grandfather agrees with me??? The greater good of what? We are all equal, equally capable of not being special: and I blame you/dad/mum/friend/colleague/countryman/etc. in case you were wondering!!!!- Big Bang theory
Gravity was a force potential before the inflationary period and that potential has been realised ever since.- US-Roe vs Wade overturned
I'm not sure America's got 20 years, if this trend continues...- Number theory derivation from infinity; speculations on equations that are derived in terms of the Field
if only that were true...- Starting my own institution of education
indeed, the difference is understanding; for instance, I know how a car works, but I couldn't teach you how to fix it... - Electromagnetic fields and the Big Bang
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.