Everything posted by dimreepr
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
Depends on your perspective...
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
mistermack doesn't have too, therefore he couldn't care less what 'they' do; so don't hold your breath waiting for a considered answer...
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
Are you sure? Word's matter, sometimes it's almost imperceptible, but there's a difference between target and aim...
-
Pride vs Humility
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. - Socrates (the famous post modeern rap artist) Serenity, regularity, absence of vanity,Sincerity, simplicity, veracity, equanimity, Fixity, non-irritability, adaptability, Humility, tenacity, integrity, nobility, magnanimity, charity, generosity, purity. Practise daily these eighteen "ities" You will soon attain immortality. - Socrates
-
Ai to map, plan for and disperse climate refugees?
I wonder if the next dominant lifeform on Earth will evolve from plastic eating bacteria... 🤔 😉 The most enlightened mind would describe it thusly...
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
No, it's not exactly what you said, but it is the language you used. It's never a problem, if it's not happening to you 'Mr Jack'. The unions don't have a target, they have an aim; to maintain, at least, or improve the rights of their workers. I wonder how many people would choose not to strike...
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
No, I'm talking about bin men, nurse's and farmer's; what arseholes are you talking about? And how do they function?
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
This is exactly the propaganda the tory government/fat cat's want you to swallow; they're targeting the poor old companies, who do their best to pay everyone a fair wage, by which they mean, it's unfair to take away my pastry chef, so the worker's can afford a packet of bourbon's. One day they'll understand the value of a bin man...
-
Are you atheist?
And round we go...
-
Are you atheist?
One day we'll find out...
-
Potential mass strike action in the UK
I'd like to see a living wage for the essential workers, but that ain't gonna happen while you're alright Jack, with your big stick...
-
Are you atheist?
That has no bearing on Marxist analysis. Really, why not? Much like the American constitution, it made sense at the time and from his perspective... One day, a cave will seem like heaven and tomorrow we'll forget it's comfort...
-
Does the Market Always decide? An application for AI?
We'd have to trust it first...
-
Are you atheist?
OK, let me try again, from the beginning; Clearly Marx recognised that religion teaches contentment "the opiate of the people" and suggested that is a bad thing, as in it insidiously undermines society and promotes apathy in the face of a government that feeds off them. I disagree with his interpretation of what contentment, and by extention religion, means to society; it's certainly no stretch to say "Contented people = peaceful people" and if we extend the drug analogy, some drugs are more insidious than other's; for instance, a drunken bloke slam's down his pint and says "right, you're going down" because he doesn't agree with a perfectly reasonable thought; meanwhile a stoned bloke says "na, your alright mate, you wanna toke". Bearing in mind, how the Russian revolution worked out; was it better before or after, and for whom?
-
Are you atheist?
What's God got to do with it? I'm an atheist, you don't need a God to understand religion.
-
Are you atheist?
Indeed, see above...
-
Are you atheist?
Indeed, which makes you so sure that your enemies don't exist, at least on an intellectual level...
-
Does the Market Always decide? An application for AI?
Good business owner = got lucky. Bad business owner = got unlucky... How could an AI change the odds of delivering on a 50:50 bet?
-
Are you atheist?
It means, religion's not your enemy, "THEY" are...
-
Are you atheist?
"And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- Are you atheist?
-
Are you atheist?
Well, if you insist on snipping the sentence "to further clarify my position.", then I can only conclude, your misunderstandings are deliberate, in order to slip the punch/question perhaps...
-
Are you atheist?
And I was responding to yours, to further clarify my position.
-
Are you atheist?
What's more practical than a healthy state of mind? Whatever the circumstance, imaginary or otherwise; for instance, you find yourself in an intolerable situation, is it not practical to invoke an imaginary friend to make it a torlerable situation, until such times when a smile is possible? Even an inmate on death row, can find God/imaginary friend (according to a recent BBC documentary) and look forward to tomorrow, seems a lot healthier than plotting one's own death in a land of plenty...
-
The next US President. By the people who know the odds.
The odds are, the house always win's, until they don't...