Thoughts on Facebook?

Mr Rayon

To anyone reading this post, do you use facebook?

I'm considering deleting or permanently deactivating my facebook account however is it a smart thing to do in your opinion?

Do you use facebook a lot?

What are some good alternatives to facebook?

Do you think there is anything wrong with facebook? Do you like facebook?

How do you use facebook to make all your friends like you?

To anyone reading this post, do you use facebook?

I'm considering deleting or permanently deactivating my facebook account however is it a smart thing to do in your opinion?

Do you use facebook a lot?

1. Yes.

2. That depends. In general, it's probably not a terrible idea, but it depends on circumstance and what you find valuable in it. A large part of my dialogue / connection with international friends and family is through Skype and Facebook, so for me it would result in some loss. It is also where a number of my friends choose to organise events and though I'm sure I could manage without in that regard, it's simpler to just use it.

Surely that depends on how you use it? A phone or Skype would be useful for most purposes.

Do you think there is anything wrong with facebook? Do you like Facebook

Plenty wrong with it and I am conflicted with how I feel. On the one hand, I find it a useful tool and on the other, so does Facebook and a lot of other organisations.

If they're your friends, why do you need to use FB to make them like you?

I made a second account a while ago and only have close friends on it, I only use it now and have kind of left the old one hanging around just in case. The benefits are is that you're actually interested in most of the stuff that appears and there's far less BS from people you don't care about. You also feel like people are going to understand your statuses more and are less bothered about what you write.

I've not been on it for a while. I get very little positive social value from it. I prefer to actually meet and phone my friends. If you confine it to your personal associations and not FB "friends" it's probably better. I'm on a few FB groups about fishing and all I can say is it's a bitch-fest. I just see FB and it's ilk as data mining enterprises.

I've not been on it for a while. I get very little positive social value from it. I prefer to actually meet and phone my friends. If you confine it to your personal associations and not FB "friends" it's probably better. I'm on a few FB groups about fishing and all I can say is it's a bitch-fest. I just see FB and it's ilk as data mining enterprises.

How is it a fest?

I'm mainly concerned about sharing my photos to the public/friends etc. and also privacy settings and making sure I don't upset/hurt anyone with what I choose to share.

Someone could just save all these pictures of me and then start a new account or steal my identity. It is quite a worrisome situation.

Edited by Mr Rayon

Serendipitously, I happened to just write this elsewhere:

I use Facebook to stay in contact with old friends and family with whom I rarely speak and to share what's happening with my daughter, also to share random brain smatterings about events in the world or things I find humorous.

ON another note, one thing I've realized over time is that FB has given my friends much more texture and depth in my mind. I have a much clearer window into their personality and preferences and habits. I know what they're passionate about, how they spend their weekends, what information sources they trust and prefer, etc.

I like that. It's helped me become closer with some where previously there was only a topical relationship and to distance myself from those who do and/or say things I find abhorrent, but may never previously have been aware of.

do you use facebook?

Never had fb account..

Not planning to change it.

Friends in the real world?

Do you think there is anything wrong with facebook? Do you like facebook?

Author is controversial at least.

Do you watched "The Social Network" movie.. ?

I don't do anything to people like me.

I've not been a fan, even though I started a page years ago, and I've used many justifications to stay away from it as much as possible. I realize I don't have to be like some of my family and friends who share every little victory and defeat during their day. I don't have to give out too much sensitive information.

I also used the excuse that FB is no substitute for meeting face-to-face. But friends and family have less time these days to get together, and I'm no different. I should be able to use FB as a better-than-nothing alternative.

I promise I'm going to try to get on FB more often this year. I don't have to play the silly games and I don't have to tell anyone about my toilet stopping up. Hopefully, FaceBook is like going to a wedding; if you quit bitching about the bad parts and just go, you end up having a better time than thought you would.

To anyone reading this post, do you use facebook? ----> No, but I opened an anonymous account there as I was forced somewhere in order to find data.

I'm considering deleting or permanently deactivating my facebook account however is it a smart thing to do in your opinion? ----> Do whatever pleases you.

Do you use facebook a lot? ----> No social nets at all.

What are some good alternatives to facebook? ----> E-mail.

Do you think there is anything wrong with facebook? Do you like facebook? ----> Perhaps was a good thing until got commercialized and intrusive into many sites.

How do you use facebook to make all your friends like you? ----> No need for Facebook with true friends.

Some of organizations whose activities and exhibits interest me, such as local art museums, post to Facebook, as do several companies whose software applications I utilize. Facebook's personal social networking feature is for me of secondary importance.

Some of organizations whose activities and exhibits interest me, such as local art museums, post to Facebook, as do several companies whose software applications I utilize. Facebook's personal social networking feature is for me of secondary importance.

I'm irritated that most facebook content is barred from non-users. I go elsewhere instead.

Edited by MonDie

I've not been a fan, even though I started a page years ago, and I've used many justifications to stay away from it as much as possible. I realize I don't have to be like some of my family and friends who share every little victory and defeat during their day. I don't have to give out too much sensitive information.

I also used the excuse that FB is no substitute for meeting face-to-face. But friends and family have less time these days to get together, and I'm no different. I should be able to use FB as a better-than-nothing alternative.

I promise I'm going to try to get on FB more often this year. I don't have to play the silly games and I don't have to tell anyone about my toilet stopping up. Hopefully, FaceBook is like going to a wedding; if you quit bitching about the bad parts and just go, you end up having a better time than thought you would.

Are we the same person?