Donald Trump

dimreepr

It would need it for a radical democracy (e.g. Ancient Athens) but for a representational democracy, even the uneducated should be able to elect politicians who are actually capable of something and know something about economics and the foreign countries they would have to deal with. On the other hand, there is Corbyn.....

A suspicion I have is that Trump is such an ugly duckling that he justifies his existence by approval he can get from the victims in his entourage.

Is this need for adulation something that can be rooted out of the political system ?

I remember Thatcher was regarded as someone who was not liked but was respected.(not liked by me to be sure)

Edited by geordief

His defense has been that he was suggesting that gun rights supporters should vote in a bloc against her: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Only, he posed the insinuation in the future tense, after Clinton had already hypothetically won the election.

This part is key. Not that the people supporting him will notice, but it's impossible he meant "vote in large blocs" since his point suggested she'd already won.

Further, not just a recommendation of shooting Clinton, but he could also have implied shooting the judges themselves. Either way, the broader issue is this needs to be shutdown, and shutdown hard. Would love Clinton to win all 50 states, but we're probably too damned stupid as a populace for that to happen.

This part is key. Not that the people supporting him will notice, but it's impossible he meant "vote in large blocs" since his point suggested she'd already won.Further, not just a recommendation of shooting Clinton, but he could also have implied shooting the judges themselves. Either way, the broader issue is this needs to be shutdown, and shutdown hard. Would love Clinton to win all 50 states, but we're probably too damned stupid as a populace for that to happen.

All 50 isn't happening. Trump will win ID, WY, MT, UT, WV,KT, TN, LA, MS, AL, OK, and etc, etc, etc. The best Hillary can do is winning all swing states and maybe flipping AZ and GA. Sad, that a man like Trump can safely expect to win numerous States. Edited by Ten oz

Not only that "second amendment people" can stop Hillary AFTER she is elected, but remember Trump has also said that Hillary is the devil, a monster, the co-founder of ISIS (Obama and Clinton "founded" ISIS), guilty of treason, unhinged, crooked, "lock her up", etc. Plainly such an evil person deserves to die. Also the system is rigged, since his poles are declining, so if Hillary wins it was a RIGGED election. Consider he repeated 9 times that Hillary "founded" ISIS. This implies that Hillary is the leader of terrorists and certainly a valid target for assassination. When you put all these remarks together, along with countless others, he makes it obvious he would take pleasure in the death of Clinton, but says it in a careful, veiled way so that he THINKS we won't notice, again. Sounds like sending a coded message to at least one psychopathic 2A killer to act. Delusional Donald is going to take a landslide on the head.

Edited by Airbrush

Speaking of which, the diagnostic psychopathy checklist:

glib and superficial charm

grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self

need for stimulation

pathological lying

cunning and manipulativeness

lack of remorse or guilt

shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)

callousness and lack of empathy

parasitic lifestyle

poor behavioral controls

sexual promiscuity

early behavior problems

lack of realistic long-term goals

impulsivity

irresponsibility

failure to accept responsibility for own actions

many short-term marital relationships

juvenile delinquency

revocation of conditional release

criminal versatility

Recently Trump said the news media are the "lowest form of life", the "lowest form of humanity" and repeated it with that stern look he often has when he is in hater mode, reminiscent of Hitler railing against the Jews. Why won't someone tell him he has the mannerisms of both Hitler and Mussolini?

Edited by Airbrush

"Lowest form of life" can be killed with impunity and "Lowest form of humanity" should be a valid target for assassination. Again bolstering his previous veiled "sarcastic" threat.

Edit, thanks for the Mussolini quote that Trumpf tweeted. "Better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as sheep" sounds like encouraging nuclear war. That happens quick, quick, quick. Wouldn't you rather graze peacefully in the grass for 100 years than die a violent death after only one DAY of life?

Edited by Airbrush

I think the lion is the perfect symbol for Trump. He owes much to the women in his life but ignores the fact. He's loud and gets all the attention while others take care of business. His mane is part of his identity. He cares for others only as long as they support his pride.

And of course, the homonym for lion is....

I cannot believe that the anti-Trumpf people have not made a big deal about his fondness for a quote by Mussolini "It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as sheep". That is the creepiest thing I have yet heard, and Trumpf thinks that is a good quote. A candidate for US president is saying it's ok to have a nuclear war because that is what a lion would do. Who wants 100 years of peace? Not Trumpf.

When questioned by NBC he answered: "It's a very good quote...I didn't know who said it, but what difference does it make if it was Mussolini or somebody else, it's a very good quote."

It's better to have one day of violent action than 100 years of peace, is my figurative interpretation of this quote. Remember Trumpf is a very "figurative" guy. He did not take the opportunity to denounce Mussolini but elevated him to the level of a wise philosopher. Why is nobody talking about this?!

Edited by Airbrush

Ok then let's hear his good ideas in DETAIL. Then Hillary can put the best plans into action, even if the good plan is Trumpf's. He may be an outside-the-box kind of guy, then let's hear his great ideas for defeating ISIS and better economic growth, and better wages. His temperament is deplorable so he cannot BE president, but he can always ADVISE the president.

Edited by Airbrush

He may be an outside-the-box kind of guy

He's a what's a box, kind of guy... :)

Edit... Just to correct myself, he's a I know what a box is (it's that tube thingy the plans/bets come in), kind of guy,

If his investors hadn't been quite so gullible/greedy, he would have gambled daddies fortune away, and be drinking a paper bag, a long time ago; but they were, and now we get this BS..

Edited by dimreepr

He's a what's a box, kind of guy... :)

He's a box-seats kind of guy. He believes exclusivity and privilege trump knowledge and tolerance.

He doesn't think outside the box-seats; he doesn't see them as boundaries, but rather that they define and highlight him.

I cannot believe that the anti-Trumpf people have not made a big deal about his fondness for a quote by Mussolini (snip) Why is nobody talking about this?!

Just because you're not aware of it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Regardless, the people who most need to hear the message tend to be the ones who aren't willing to listen or simply don't care.

Just because you're not aware of it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Regardless, the people who most need to hear the message tend to be the ones who aren't willing to listen or simply don't care.

...or aren't being informed by their choice of media. I've noticed that since the GOP nomination was secured, FOX News has seriously curtailed their negativity about T.

Besides NPR and BBC News, I read HuffPost and Fox for the extreme views, and FOX hardly mentioned the "2nd Amendment citizens" gaffe, and this morning had zilch on the campaign's alleged funding from the Russians. They had 3 stories about Clinton's email, though.

...or aren't being informed by their choice of media. I've noticed that since the GOP nomination was secured, FOX News has seriously curtailed their negativity about T.

Besides NPR and BBC News, I read HuffPost and Fox for the extreme views, and FOX hardly mentioned the "2nd Amendment citizens" gaffe, and this morning had zilch on the campaign's alleged funding from the Russians. They had 3 stories about Clinton's email, though.

Right wing propaganda has done a great job creating a fact free standard where everything is purely partisan and facts are opinions. Climate change science is almost always forced to share time of clmate change denial in all forms of media. Evolution forced to share time with intelligent design. Even well meaning media that makes moderate attempts are real journalism often end up equaling time between facts and myths, pseudo science and science, truth and manufactured nonsense. They have to so not to offend. The movement of people who demand news they prefer over news that is real has grown too large to be ignored.

The fact that Trump stated the Mussolini quote is a "very good quote" and he "doesn't care who said it" means he prefers one day of violence over 100 years of peace and Mussolini was wise. That is a surreal stance. This should be brought up as often as any other gaffs he made. I'm retired and watch CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News many hours per day, and I never once heard about the Mussolini quote.

Edited by Airbrush

The fact that Trump stated the Mussolini quote is a "very good quote" and he "doesn't care who said it" means he prefers one day of violence over 100 years of peace and Mussolini was wise. That is a surreal stance. This should be brought up as often as any other gaffs he made. I'm retired and watch CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News many hours per day, and I never once heard about the Mussolini quote.

Exactly why does it mean "he prefers one day of violence over 100 years of peace"?

Trump appears to both be setting himself up a post election loss narrative that the election was "rigged" http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/15/donald-trump/donald-trumps-baseless-claims-about-election-being/

While the claims appear completely baseless, and have all the hallmarks of a spoiled child who's losing at Monopoly and about to accuse everyone of cheating, flip the board and storm off to sulk, I don't think it's a stretch that the folk who jumped on the Obama birther narrative would have any problems jumping on the 'crooked Hillary cheated' bandwagon with no proof either.

Trump appears to both be setting himself up a post election loss narrative that the election was "rigged" http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/15/donald-trump/donald-trumps-baseless-claims-about-election-being/

While the claims appear completely baseless, and have all the hallmarks of a spoiled child who's losing at Monopoly and about to accuse everyone of cheating, flip the board and storm off to sulk, I don't think it's a stretch that the folk who jumped on the Obama birther narrative would have any problems jumping on the 'crooked Hillary cheated' bandwagon with no proof either.

Fool me once....

When will they ever learn?

In fairness when Bush won by a whisker and the thing (as I recall went to the Supreme Court) it was easy to feel wronged.

Hopefully there will be no repeat of that scenario.

If I was religious I would be praying regularly for the conversion of the Trump deluded.

Edited by geordief

Please stop doing that. :(

Fool me once....

When will they ever learn?

In fairness when Bush won by a whisker and the thing (as I recall went to the Supreme Court) It was easy to feel wronged.

Hopefully there will be no repeat of that scenario.

If I was religious I would be praying regularly for the conversion of the Trump deluded.

You mean "when Bush lost"?

Please stop doing that. :(

You mean "when Bush lost"?

He definitely lost the popular vote. By law he won the Electoral College. In reality, the vote in Florida was so insanely close that I'm not sure a definitive answer is reasonably possible, and who "really" won there is heavily dependent upon what ballots are counted, what is considered a valid/in-valid ballot, etc.

We had an election that was too close to call, so the people responsible for calling it called their preferred candidate the winner and Bush became President.