Evidence Of Design

daniel j lavender

7 hours ago, TheVat said:

You have failed to capitalize Jelly Roll!  It is Jelly Morton Morton, the ragtime/blues piano icon.  You have offended the Piano God!  I speak of the coming annihilation of the heretics who are not humble before the Great 88 who tickles the ivories of heaven!  There is no God before the Piano God!  Prepare yourself!  

Ivories sounds like a bit of a euphemism. Maybe there is hope for us all in the afterlife.

(unless you meant to say "tinkles?" )

17 minutes ago, geordief said:

Ivories sounds like a bit of a euphemism. Maybe there is hope for us all in the afterlife.

(unless you meant to say "tinkles?" )

No.  That would be....weird.

Early 20th century American slang, "tickle the ivories," for playing the piano.  Ivory piano keys were common then.  Mostly from walrus tusks, IIRC.  (common misconception that they were from elephants)

2 hours ago, TheVat said:

No.  That would be....weird.

Early 20th century American slang, "tickle the ivories," for playing the piano.  Ivory piano keys were common then.  Mostly from walrus tusks, IIRC.  (common misconception that they were from elephants)

I never heard "tickle" used like that.It sounds different from "tinkling"-more artistic.

"Tinkling" sounds a bit deprecating whereas  "tickling" brings to mind trout tickling   which seems a bit arcane.

https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,896457,00.html

19 hours ago, Phi for All said:

That's not what it says in the Bible your "designer" holds so dearly. Matthew 24:6-7, "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places."

So do we listen to what you say is a "clear message", or do we listen to the Bible? The Book of Jeremiah pretty much tells us that your god is going to use us to destroy its enemies, so how do you think this god feels when you urge people to stop fighting its enemies?

Key phrase is “but the end is still to come”.

That time is now.  Transition begins now.

20 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Nobody failed, except you. It's been presented that your coincidences are nothing more than confirmation bias, where you cherry pick certain instances and ignore others. This is "identifying them" as insufficient to draw the conclusions you do. There are plenty of explanations that don't require invoking some all-powerful sky prince to make sense of them.

Again, you fail to identify the supposed cherry picking, you fail to sufficiently identify specific details which do not meet criteria.  This is not confirmation bias.  This is an extensive sequence of coinciding events.

The Creator is not a “sky prince”.  The Creator is not hovering in the sky just above the clouds.  That is a silly, childish view.  The Creator is on another level.  The Creator is beyond this plane of existence.  It’s analogous to us residing within a petri dish upon a countertop with the Creator as a scientist in a laboratory.

No wonder the world is in the state it is when people possess such contempt for the Creator, for creators, for creation in general.  No wonder such level of destruction persists when that is the perspective possessed.  If more respect was held for the Creator, if more significance was placed upon creation perhaps destruction, perhaps destructive tendencies would cease.

Improve.  Grow.  Otherwise enjoy your eradication.

31 minutes ago, daniel j lavender said:

The Creator is not a “sky prince”.  The Creator is not hovering in the sky just above the clouds.  That is a silly, childish view.  The Creator is on another level.  The Creator is beyond this plane of existence.  It’s analogous to us residing within a petri dish upon a countertop with the Creator as a scientist in a laboratory.

Oh I see. It's not a sky prince above the clouds. It's a professional up there above the glass. That changes everything. ;) 

32 minutes ago, daniel j lavender said:

Disprove. Redraw. Otherwise enjoy your radicalisation. ;) 

1 hour ago, daniel j lavender said:

People have been saying this for millenia and have been wrong every single time, but I'm SURE you're the exception!!

1 hour ago, daniel j lavender said:

his is not confirmation bias.  This is an extensive sequence of coinciding events.

A distinction without a difference. The human mind imposes patterns even where they don't actually exist. You're here arguing that the shape in the clouds is a real animal, and then further calling us the childish ones.

You are free to believe any stupid silly thing you want, and we will support your freedom to do so, but when you boil all this down the ONLY thing you have to support your belief is faith, and that's not good enough for a critically thinking mind.

The funny part is that you agree with me when it comes to all of the other gods invented by humans and laying dead in the graveyard of our mythologies. You agree with me when it comes to silly claims about tooth fairies and dragons and purple unicorns... but in a stroke of special pleading, hypocrisy, and (YES) confirmation bias, you seem to think your own personally preferred flavor of deity is somehow exempt and unique from equal criticisms.

If your faith were truly so strong, you wouldn't care whether others share it with you. Instead, your faith is weak and you're overcompensating by trying to evangelize to us. Good luck with that. 

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

56 minutes ago, studiot said:

I feel like the pupil who carved onto a desk in my school

In Honour of those who died waiting for the bell

I used to get home regularly  15 minutes early in primary school  by volunteering to recite  Flannan Isle for the class and later ,in secondary avoided Assembly entirely (doing homework instead)  by  virtue of a different religion to the standard C of E.

Still hate queues ,though.

We used to grow fungus  in our empty desks by means of rotting sandwiches et al.

Edited by geordief

21 minutes ago, geordief said:

I used to get home regularly  15 minutes early in primary school  by volunteering to recite  Flannan Isle for the class and later ,in secondary avoided Assembly entirely (doing homework instead)  by  virtue of a different religion to the standard C of E.

There was that odd tinkling that coincidences make, when I read "Flannan Isle" in your post, as I had just the past week watched a 2018 movie about the Flannan Isle mystery.  The Vanishing offers a solution a wee bit more dramatic than that a storm surge swept them into the sea.

19 minutes ago, TheVat said:

There was that odd tinkling that coincidences make, when I read "Flannan Isle" in your post, as I had just the past week watched a 2018 movie about the Flannan Isle mystery.  The Vanishing offers a solution a wee bit more dramatic than that a storm surge swept them into the sea.

Haven't see that.We lived  by the sea (on an island actually)  and our teacher who asked for poetry reciting  volunteers at the end of the school day  was shot down over Germany during the war.(came back  after as a POW)

3 hours ago, daniel j lavender said:

Sounds nice but it doesn't answer my question in the slightest. You claimed that god wants you to be peaceful, and you admonished those who aren't, but your Bible clearly states that your god wants you to be his soldiers. I'll assume you have no answer to this glaring inconsistency, since you're trying so hard to sidestep the issue.

Again, you fail to identify the supposed cherry picking, you fail to sufficiently identify specific details which do not meet criteria.

Wow. Do I need crayons to get a point across to you? I identified EVERYTHING you claim in the OP as being cherry-picked. You use those examples, and when someone provides a contrary piece of evidence, you ignore it. That's confirmation bias.

What's a "plane of existence"? This would be a splendid time to describe the geometry of such a place, but I know you can't. "Plane of existence" is an ignorant concept for people who are guessing about such matters. There is no evidence for your "plane". And your creator is no scientist, since its methodology is flawed and imprecise.

No wonder the world is in the state it is when people possess such contempt for the Creator, for creators, for creation in general. 

Contempt? Something has to exist before I could hold it in contempt. What I possess with regard to a creator is skepticism. I see no need for the existence of a creator, and the explanations I've discovered don't require one either, so I simply don't acknowledge one. That's not contempt, if you'll notice. It's indifference to the same degree I have for Santa Claus, purple dragons, and Thor.

5 hours ago, daniel j lavender said:

Again, you fail to identify the supposed cherry picking, you fail to sufficiently identify specific details which do not meet criteria.  This is not confirmation bias.  This is an extensive sequence of coinciding events.

No wonder the world is in the state it is when people possess such contempt for the Creator, for creators, for creation in general.  No wonder such level of destruction persists when that is the perspective possessed.  If more respect was held for the Creator, if more significance was placed upon creation perhaps destruction, perhaps destructive tendencies would cease.

I've always wondered what does the red crayon taste like? Is it better when you dip it in the glue? 

On 10/6/2023 at 12:06 PM, daniel j lavender said:

"Cometh the hour, cometh the man"

This may not be the hour and you don't seem to be the man; contempt is a one way street and Jesus would be a terrible traffic cop...