Evidence Of Design

daniel j lavender

1 hour ago, daniel j lavender said:

For those unwilling to accept no amount of evidence would suffice.  They would deny the truth with the truth right in front of them.  These are the same individuals who succumb to the whims and demands of men, of tyrants, of petty corporations and their petty products.

if-a-person-wishes-to-achieve-peace-of-mind-and-happiness-th-author-friedrich-nietzsche - Copy.jpg

critical error.jpg

1 minute ago, joigus said:

Nietzsche is dead. ;)

Well, then he'd be spinning in his grave... 🙂

22 hours ago, TheVat said:

The name Albert  Einstein can have its letters rearranged to spell nineties table R.  Do you realize what this foretold?

Neither do I.

Because that is incoherent nonsense lacking further contextual parallels.

I was intending to discuss natural  and artificial patterns with you, since you introduced them, and following Markus great example.

However I see your response to a patently true statment is an obvious falsehood so I am out of here.

Edited by studiot

2 hours ago, daniel j lavender said:

As stated directly above, some can only laugh at the matter simply because the matter is so significant.

Just bc you stated it doesn’t magically render it true. You appear to be operating from some fundamentally flawed starting principles.

Creation created the creator

Nice little tautology. You get that from a fortune cookie?

Believe whatever dumb thing you want, but despite you evangelizing religious adherence is dying and largely being replaced by nationalism around the globe. 

If saying “godidiit” is a good and satisfying enough answer for you and causes you to stop asking questions and sleep better at night, then have at it. Nobody can stop you, but when you post such silly childishness, people are going to point and laugh and dismiss you like a deluded fool with a sandwich board saying the end is nigh on a street corner.  

Edited by iNow

On 9/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, daniel j lavender said:

The interesting thing, however, is the symbolism aligns with my initials, DJL (Daniel J. Lavender).  Dark (D) on the left, Jesus (J) in the center and Light (L) on the right.

That is because you chose to use some random words from contemporary English.

Interesting how these historic "symbols" that keeps occurring in various forms from various individuals only makes sense in the individuals' native language.

1 hour ago, Ghideon said:

Interesting how these historic "symbols" that keeps occurring in various forms from various individuals only makes sense in the individuals' native language.

Isn't that also true for the word Tennessee ?

17 hours ago, daniel j lavender said:

A coherent pattern with clearly referenced Biblical parallels, prophetic parallels, is.

No, it’s a religious belief you have chosen to adopt. As I have shown you, patterns can arise independently of any intentional creator, so this is not evidence for your claim.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:36 AM, iNow said:

…saying the end is nigh on a street corner.  

I am the end.  The culmination.   Hence the name.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:36 AM, iNow said:

Just bc you stated it doesn’t magically render it true. You appear to be operating from some fundamentally flawed starting principles.

And just because you deny or reject the idea does not render the presented information invalid.

On 9/23/2023 at 4:37 PM, Ghideon said:

Yes there were various languages, subjects, locations, etcetera, employed at various stages of the sequence.

The point is it all culminates here, with the explicitly expressed theme and general idea presented.  That’s part of the beauty, part of the magnificence of it.  All of the variation, all of the complexity culminated in commonality, in a clear message.  All previous parts of the process have ultimately led to this moment.

One can argue whoever utilized whatever language at whichever stage.  The point is it all coheres, it all culminates with this.

It is intelligible.

The sequence is there.  The coherence apparent.  The significance revealed.

Now what are you going to do about it?  Play football?  XBox?

God does not doom humans.  Humans doom humans.  Through their actions, their inactions and misdeeds.  God provides parameters, God provides knowledge to help humans avoid such doom.

In people’s daily lives events occur and details emerge with no real substantive connection.  Details can be massaged, manipulated, forced to relate to seemingly connect.  Details are even invented, fabricated to force some connection for whatever reason.

Then there are real parallels.  Details and events which truly coincide and point to something greater.

It has been claimed, it has been suggested that the material presented before you was massaged, manipulated or forced to seem as though it connects.  It has been argued that I have “created” such coincidences.  That these coincidences, these connections expressed were simply invented by myself.  How could that be so?  I have not formed the Earth; I did not form the topography of the planet, the geography of Tennessee.  I did not name Tennessee.  I did not name myself.  I did not choose where I was born or raised.  I did not name my father.  I have no influence over the motions and movements of planetary bodies.  All of these things were beyond my control.  I simply identified their connections.  And they do indeed connect.  As illustrated.

I did not wake up one Tuesday and decide, “Yeah, I’m going to play this role”.  It was revealed to me, like all others, in real time.  As stated in scripture: “As for the exact day and hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” Matthew 24:36

It is easy to dismiss such as manipulation of events, manipulation of details.  A misconception or misinterpretation of things.  It is difficult to accept it as truth, as the actual significance it could be.  Even believers like to think they believe.  They claim they believe.  Do they really?  For they seek at every opportunity to deny such significant events and what they may imply.

These events are significant because they reveal, yet again, the glorious Creator.  These details reinforce the presence of God.  It helps bring us, as a species, closer to God.

If scientists were to investigate such matters what would they find?  What could they find?  If scientists were to have investigated Jesus’ interactions millennia ago what would they have been able to confirm?

These events and details are significant because they actually connect.  These events and details together point to a higher order, an arranged structure only a higher intelligence could be held accountable for.

As stated on the first page this is not all about me.  I am simply part of the sequence relaying information.  Many will review the material and simply see a man trying to claim divinity, a man claiming to be Jesus.  It is more than that.

This alludes to a higher power, a greater intelligence, a superior creator and designer of that which we are now witnesses.  A glorious, wonderful creation we all are part of.  A glorious connection of us all, through us all, around us all to embrace and communicate so that we may be aware of its significance, so that we may be aware of our commonality and act through love to improve and grow as a species.  To begin to usher in the Kingdom of God.

We are parts of a glorious creation, we are part of magnificent, glorious events.  We are in the presence of God.  We must act to spread this awareness, we must act to make it known.

On 9/22/2023 at 11:44 AM, daniel j lavender said:

What I am about to present appears to be beyond coincidence.  It appears, to me, to be evidence of design.  Especially considering the religious nature concerning some of the material.

And that's about it. That was in the OP, and I think people have got the message that it appears that way to you. But most of the people reading this will require proper evidence and logical interpretation, not the sort of stuff you're posting. 

Evidence has to stand up against the most severe criticism, performed in a logical scientific way. The truth can easily do that, because it's true. Wishful thinking fails all over the place. But it only needs one fail of fact or logic for it to fall apart. 

Your big logical fail right from the start was that a few contrived "coincidences" mean something. In mysterious ways. If any scientist proposed that, in a scientific paper, they would be laughed out of the job. That's why people laughed at your OP on a science forum. They try to think critically, and can't help laughing at being offered rubbish thinking. To be honest, I don't think the OP would even go down well from the pulpit, it's so lacking in any kind of common logic.  

One can argue whoever utilized whatever language at whichever stage.  The point is it all coheres, it all culminates with this.

I think you missed the point completely. Do you know what message and meaning that appear from your analysis of the painting if it is performed using Swedish?

A relative of mine was born in 1988.  He plays piano.  Clearly this was destined to be.  Born '88, and a piano has 88 keys.  God reveals things.  Still doubting?  Then consider this: he developed a fondness for jelly rolls early in life, and Jelly Roll Morton was a famous piano player and composer.  Finally, when his mother was pregnant with him, she and his father were driving through Texas and drove through the town of Plano.  As they entered, the city sign had a spot of pale dirt on it which altered the lower case L so that Plano looked like Piano.  Piano, Texas.  It was a sign!  Well, it was literally a sign anyway.

IOW, people look for signs that will somehow validate their choices and/or elevate their importance, and this is a form of selection bias.

8 hours ago, Moontanman said:
On 9/22/2023 at 11:16 PM, pzkpfw said:

Makes me think of Dire Straits, Industrial Disease:

Good one and a great song! 

"Philosophy is useless, theology is worse"*

*Citation does not mean (totally) agreement;)

Edited by Eise

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, iNow said:

Correct. The tripe you're presenting is invalid for other reasons. 

Yet you fail to identify them.

On 9/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, TheVat said:

A relative of mine was born in 1988.  He plays piano.  Clearly this was destined to be.  Born '88, and a piano has 88 keys.  God reveals things.  Still doubting?  Then consider this: he developed a fondness for jelly rolls early in life, and Jelly Roll Morton was a famous piano player and composer.  Finally, when his mother was pregnant with him, she and his father were driving through Texas and drove through the town of Plano.  As they entered, the city sign had a spot of pale dirt on it which altered the lower case L so that Plano looked like Piano.  Piano, Texas.  It was a sign!  Well, it was literally a sign anyway.

IOW, people look for signs that will somehow validate their choices and/or elevate their importance, and this is a form of selection bias.

You speak of jelly rolls and pianos.

I speak of God and Biblical prophecy.  I speak of the Kingdom of God.

The internet is operational and widely available.  Rather than amusement it should be used as a tool, it should be used as an instrument to dissolve division, conflict and military formation around the world.

Funding, human resources, energy should be reallocated from military pursuits to healthcare, to construction, to more positive things.  Stop wasting resources and lives.  Stop championing conflict.  Stop cheering as your sons and daughters perish on the battlefield.  You create the society you create.  You are responsible for your losses.  Grow up.

“And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” Isaiah 2:4

39 minutes ago, daniel j lavender said:

Nobody failed, except you. It's been presented that your coincidences are nothing more than confirmation bias, where you cherry pick certain instances and ignore others. This is "identifying them" as insufficient to draw the conclusions you do. There are plenty of explanations that don't require invoking some all-powerful sky prince to make sense of them.

On 9/23/2023 at 1:27 PM, studiot said:

I was intending to discuss natural  and artificial patterns with you, since you introduced them, and following Markus great example.

However I see your response to a patently true statment is an obvious falsehood so I am out of here.

I see no response to my comments.

How Christian is that ?

57 minutes ago, daniel j lavender said:

The internet is operational and widely available.  Rather than amusement it should be used as a tool, it should be used as an instrument to dissolve division, conflict and military formation around the world.

Funding, human resources, energy should be reallocated from military pursuits to healthcare, to construction, to more positive things.  Stop wasting resources and lives.  Stop championing conflict.  Stop cheering as your sons and daughters perish on the battlefield.  You create the society you create.  You are responsible for your losses.  Grow up.

“And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” Isaiah 2:4

So far you have presented no evidence of design, nothing but "speaking the word of men who wrote about what they thought god should be like" How about you present some empirical evidence that supports your proposition instead of speaking the word of your imaginary best friend? 

Funding, human resources, energy should be reallocated from military pursuits to healthcare, to construction, to more positive things.  Stop wasting resources and lives.  Stop championing conflict.  Stop cheering as your sons and daughters perish on the battlefield.  You create the society you create.  You are responsible for your losses.

That's not what it says in the Bible your "designer" holds so dearly. Matthew 24:6-7, "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places."

So do we listen to what you say is a "clear message", or do we listen to the Bible? The Book of Jeremiah pretty much tells us that your god is going to use us to destroy its enemies, so how do you think this god feels when you urge people to stop fighting its enemies?

You have failed to capitalize Jelly Roll!  It is Jelly Morton Morton, the ragtime/blues piano icon.  You have offended the Piano God!  I speak of the coming annihilation of the heretics who are not humble before the Great 88 who tickles the ivories of heaven!  There is no God before the Piano God!  Prepare yourself!