Jump to content

2nd Impeachment of a US President


iNow
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Halc said:

I was speaking of the first trial where the vote went straight down party lines.

Thank you for clarifying. I misapplied the thread context (2nd impeachment) to your comments regarding the first. Cheers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As if Republicans didn't have enough problems, with the growing divide between members who want to hang on to power at any cost and those few who want to do the right thing, the 'fight' for control of the Republican party between M McConnel and D Trump, and now we learn that Rush Limbaugh has passed away.

Not to make fun of anyone's passing, but maybe the last 4 years were too much stress on his heart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, J.C.MacSwell said:

Well. At least it's over. Bad as he may be, there are more important matters for lawmakers to focus on than Tump

 

I don't entirely agree. Fixing the weaknesses in our (USA's) Republic that enabled Trump to exist is very important. More will follow in behind the doors Trump kicked down just as Trump followed in behind the work done by those who came before him. Holding Trump accountable and defining his criminality in court will set the precedence for the future politicians. Doing nothing in the name of looking forward is what the nation did after Watergate, Iran-Contra, Iraq invasion/fake intel, etc. Things have only gotten worse.

Edited by Ten oz
edit typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, iNow said:

He paved the road that Trump drove to the presidency. He died happy knowing what he’d done. 

Someone must start a topic about Rush Limbaugh and his enabling of Trump.  I will later, not to change the subject here.

"His final words on his radio show were, “Well, my friends, that’s it. Yet another excursion into broadcast excellence in the can. Enjoyed being with you today, always do. And look forward to the next time. Thanks to Mark Steyn who has been in standby mode all day. Wasn’t sure I was going to be able to go today and then each hour I had to assess. But we made it. Thank you Mr. Steyn. See you all next time.”

However, Limbaugh would never appear on the radio again."

Rush Limbaugh Last Show: Final Broadcast Was February 2 | Heavy.com

Edited by Airbrush
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Do you Americans have any shame 😋 ?

As much as we all like to put down the French, they just convicted former President N Sarkozy of corruption, for trying to illegally obtain information from a magistrate regarding a personal legal action. He is to erve one year, as two were suspended.

Yet D Trump is still allowed to speak publically, and possbly incite more insurrections, on top of collusion and bribing of foreign powers, trying to influence State election officials, tax evasion, fraud, disregard for human life, and many others ( not to mention criminally bad hair ). Makes N Sarkozy look like a choir boy in comparison.

At least HIS Supreme Court appointees are doing the right thing ( even B Kavanough ) and distancing themselves from him.

I guess this is a good example of different 'justice' for the wealthy and influential, in the American system.

Edited by MigL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MigL said:

Do you Americans have any shame 😋 ?

As much as we all like to put down the French, they just convicted former President N Sarkozy of corruption, for trying to illegally obtain information from a magistrate regarding a personal legal action. He is to erve one year, as two were suspended.

Yet D Trump is still allowed to speak publically, and possbly incite more insurrections, on top of collusion and bribing of foreign powers, trying to influence State election officials, tax evasion, fraud, disregard for human life, and many others ( not to mention criminally bad hair ). Makes N Sarkozy look like a choir boy in comparison.

At least HIS Supreme Court appointees are doing the right thing ( even B Kavanough ) and distancing themselves from him.

I guess this is a good example of different 'justice' for the wealthy and influential, in the American system.

Let's not ask the Americans here to overcompensate more than they already have...

😷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Area54 said:

Aren't you rather too close to Quebec to risk making remarks like that? I'm just concerned for your welfare.

The French famously make fun of Québécois for their outdated French. I am not sure how the relationship in reverse works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Area54 said:

Aren't you rather too close to Quebec to risk making remarks like that?

Thanks for the advice, mon ami.

We Anglo-Canadians have a complicated love-hate relationship with les Quebecois.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MigL said:

Thanks for the advice, mon ami.

We Anglo-Canadians have a complicated love-hate relationship with les Quebecois.

I recall de Gaulle's inflamatory speech in the 1960s while visiting Montreal when he addressed the crowd with "Vive le Québec libre!" I'm much more of a Cuba Libre man myself, ideally accompanied by nachos. Fusion sustenance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Area54 said:

I recall de Gaulle's inflamatory speech in the 1960s while visiting Montreal when he addressed the crowd with "Vive le Québec libre!" I'm much more of a Cuba Libre man myself, ideally accompanied by nachos. Fusion sustenance.

He had a lot of Gaulle saying that in Canada...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.