Can you be a scientist and still believe in religion?

Mnemonic

8 hours ago, genio said:

Why do you equate religion with god(s)? OP specifically said religion.

OP also specifically formulated it in terms of god/gods and supernatural beings or agencies:

On 10/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, Mnemonic said:

According to the bible Jesus Christ was a supernatural character who could walk on water, occasionally talked to Satan, and could turn water into wine, amongst many other marvels.

Can you be a scientist and still believe in this stuff?

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, Mnemonic said:

According to the bible Jesus Christ was a supernatural character who could walk on water, occasionally talked to Satan, and could turn water into wine, amongst many other marvels.

Can you be a scientist and still believe in this stuff? As far as I am concerned, you should not be called a scientist or be allowed anywhere near any scientific endeavour if you believe in fictitious myths.

Am I being too aggressive in my attitude? Probably, however science and the scientific approach to research application is a serious technical field that should not be sullied by ridiculous fairy tales.

>Please move to the Religion section..

Here the logic is this: I do 'impossible' things to make people believe that I come from God. It was really important because Jesus brings eternal life, that is, forgiveness from original sin. Jesus time is the last about Daniel 70 weeks to be forgiven from original sin. It's an incredible importance. I think it's logic. It's not a scientific question.  

image.png

1 hour ago, harlock said:

Here the logic is this: I do 'impossible' things to make people believe that I come from God. It was really important because Jesus brings eternal life, that is, forgiveness from original sin. Jesus time is the last about Daniel 70 weeks to be forgiven from original sin. It's an incredible importance. I think it's logic. It's not a scientific question.  

image.png

Indeed, that's why it's not important... 😉