Trump Connection to Hydroxychloroquine (split from Corona virus general questions mega thread)

iNow

43 minutes ago, iNow said:

Right. I’m not convinced stupidity is an adequate explanation for what we are experiencing.  

It's all I have on this one...

43 minutes ago, iNow said:

He’s a master at controlling media narratives. It’s too simplistic to assume this past four years has been nothing more than a string of mistakes from a village idiot. There’s a method to the madness...

I think it's more his willingness to be blunt, to the point of often being rude, than being any kind of mastermind. He's not always wrong, and when he isn't, or isn't completely wrong, he comes off as possibly "insightful" against a background of much of the media automatically assuming he is.

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

6 hours ago, iNow said:

Meanwhile, I continue wondering: What’s he trying to distract us from? What was he doing that required a comment so crazy to hide from view? We’ve spent 2 days talking about Lysol and a lot can happen behind the scenes during 2 days.  I continue wondering what it was. 

I keep hoping he is just stupid...

4 hours ago, iNow said:

“I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right.” 
― P. T. Barnum

I keep thinking maybe the real devil in the dark is Moscow Mitch...

8 hours ago, iNow said:

Meanwhile, I continue wondering: What’s he trying to distract us from? What was he doing that required a comment so crazy to hide from view? We’ve spent 2 days talking about Lysol and a lot can happen behind the scenes during 2 days.  I continue wondering what it was. 

I dunno, the massive mismanagement of the pandemic response would be a massive thing to distract from. Not sure whether we need anything else.

The biggest thing Republicans had to brag about in November was the strength of the economy.
Not like they could brag about the President's track record, surviving impeachment, or anything.

With that option gone, the economy limping along ( devastated in NY, NJ, Ill. and Mass. ) and unemployment at close to 25 % ( especially in Republican states ), I doubt they'll even manage to hold on to the Senate.
Somebody's gotta be worried about this; I'm surprised they haven't taken the phone ( and microphone at Press conferences ) away from D Trump and told him to shut up.

All J Biden has to do is show up in November; If he survives his age and the pandemic.
What else is there to draw attention away from ?

5 minutes ago, MigL said:

Somebody's gotta be worried about this; I'm surprised they haven't taken the phone ( and microphone at Press conferences ) away from D Trump and told him to shut up.

Many have, in fact. GOP strategists, senators, representatives, governors, and media outlets have been collectively telling Trump that his press briefings are doing more harm than good and you’ll notice they’ve gone from 2 hours per day down to 15-20 minutes, often with Trump just abruptly walking out of the briefing room. 

Edited by iNow

1 minute ago, iNow said:

you’ll notice they’ve gone from 2 hours per day down to 15-20 minutes, often with Trump just abruptly walking out of the briefing room. 

Proud to report I haven't seen a single one of his press briefings.

11 hours ago, iNow said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/doj-moves-to-drop-charges-ira-russians-indicted-mueller-2020-3

On 4/26/2020 at 12:33 AM, iNow said:

Many have, in fact. GOP strategists, senators, representatives, governors, and media outlets have been collectively telling Trump that his press briefings are doing more harm than good and you’ll notice they’ve gone from 2 hours per day down to 15-20 minutes, often with Trump just abruptly walking out of the briefing room. 

And now he doesn't even show up, it's how a petulant 12yo reacts when he calls his teacher "mum".

Apparently his last 22 min. press briefing, was caused by a CNN reporter, who D Trump wanted moved back, from the front row to the sixth. Both her, and the other reporter in the sixth row refused to move, as is their right, and that got the President 'upset'.
He cut the briefing short and refused to take any questions.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/wh-tried-to-force-cnns-kaitlan-collins-to-move-to-back-row-at-briefing-reportedly-threatened-secret-service-involvement/

Real 'grown up' behavior.

Edited by MigL

9 hours ago, MigL said:

Real 'grown up' behavior.

3 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

And his supporters will call it "authoritative" and "strong".

He "called it" first and they refused to comply. Hard to blame him for taking his ball and going home...

Did you guys skip grade three?

20 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Did you guys skip grade three?

What grade 3?

20 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

He "called it" first and they refused to comply. Hard to blame him for taking his ball and going home...

Maybe, by way of balance, the media should not turn up to his election gigs.