Everything posted by dimreepr
-
Transgender athletes
https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/aintree/events-tickets/grand-national/about-the-event/previous-grand-national-winners/rachael-blackmore/#:~:text=Rachael Blackmore rewrote the history,win in the iconic race.
-
Transgender athletes
Is that a male horse or a female horse or a horse that's unsure?
-
Why is alcohol legal ?
- Why is alcohol legal ?
Indeed, but I just extended the argument, I haven't ridiculed it... I haven't said it has, but surely it's clear that such thinking can lead to law's that train the young, the Hitler youth for example... Every slope leads to the bottom, not every argument does...- Why is alcohol legal ?
I didn't twist your statement, I extended it to show where a conservative mentality could lead; and given the propensity of the elderly to become more conservative in their thinking, it's entirely reasonable to exclude them from a conversation that's got nothing to do with them; they've made it to retirement and their future entirely depends on how the youth are shepherded...- Why is alcohol legal ?
The very definition of an unworkable philosophy Indeed, but I was following beecee's logic, as in, if society dictate's it's needed to allow society to work properly, then it's not unreasonable to show where that slope may lead.- Why is alcohol legal ?
If society "dictates as a social necessity in all walks of life" then surely it would be illigal to refuse to drink alcohol.- Why is alcohol legal ?
Indeed, here's another -1 for your collection; the sad thing is, despite that and all the reasonable argument's presented, you can't even concieve of the possibility that you may be wrong. So instead you condemn everyone that doesn't conform to your standard's, presumably including your loved one's.- Kentucky Derby shock
OTOH, it sound's like the start of a myth. 😉- Why is alcohol legal ?
Kids aren't stupid, any more than the rest of us and there's enough scare stories in the media, for them to not want to become an addict. Perhaps that's why there's a trend in the youth to not drink? Sure they have a sense of immortality, as do we all; that next drink is just like all the other's and then, all of a sudden, it isn't; like approaching a black hole we never see the event horizon. It's got nothing to do with prohibition; like declaring war on terrorism, your just declaring war on your own imagination.- Why is alcohol legal ?
Just forgot the 😁- Why is alcohol legal ?
This discussion, seems to show why the elderly shouldn't be allowed to vote; it's not their future...- Why is alcohol legal ?
Because prohibition doesn't work, they have the option of whatever drug they want; the only difference between legal and illegal is, prison rather than a hospital; I know which I'd prefer my loved ones end up in, after they make a mistake. I'm not sure why you'd object to me being stoned in the privacy of my home.- Why is alcohol legal ?
Like I said, I'm not going to feed you, but I'm happy to use you as an example...- If I was able to live for millions of years
This reminds me of a conversation between two redwoods, as described by Terry Pratchett, "Burr that, winter, was a cold one"...- Why is alcohol legal ?
It helps the people who are forced into slavery by the criminal's created by the prohibition. It helps the police because: 1/ They can focus on real crime. 2/ They spend less, time and money, chasing a stoner that's just happy to be alone, or not, whatever... 3/ There's less crminals to chase. It helps me, because the money they raise on the tax, a stoner is more than willing to pay; and the money our society would save, raises my standard of living. It's such an obvious win win, one has to wonder, who's dragging their feet?- How much of me is in my memory?
A thought experiment: Suppose I experience the day, the ups and downs, the same as anyone else, held in my ram memory; and I am still me, held in my operating system. But every day, when I wake up I forgot what I did yesterday. I think I would lose an important part of me, so my question is, what part and how important is it?- US-Roe vs Wade overturned
The rights you choose to allow it, has more to do with your opinion than pain suffered; unless you're a vegan...- Is it rational (for an athiest) to believe in religion?
I'm done feeding you...- Is Suicide right or wrong?
Bugger, there's always a but...- Is it rational (for an athiest) to believe in religion?
Off topic, please stop. Your example entirely misses the point, life isn't Hollywood, 99% of people who get attacked don't get the satisfaction of seeing karma in action; they have to use their imagination.- Why is alcohol legal ?
Why is alcohol legal? Because the poor can make it anyway, and the rich has figured out how to make money out of it, despite poverty; much like gambling- Is it rational (for an athiest) to believe in religion?
Another thing you attack without understanding; karma isn't a thing it's a way of thinking, like science (causality for people), a way to understand our world and our place in it; and like science it's a way to drill down through our prejudice and bias and hate and love, to see where "squateth the toad of truth" - Sheldon Cooper. Science can't measure the infection rate. I can try, but I'm not sure you even want to understand. karma-sadhguru-quotes.avif- Is it rational (for an athiest) to believe in religion?
Indeed, which is why you spend most of your energy off topic answering question's asked 3 or 4 thread's ago; are you trolling me? So, you attempt to belittle me because I don't seeem to agree with you; karma, for instance is scientific, in that an action has unseen consequences even in a deterministic universe. But not the individuals action. Do you have evidence that Karma doesn't work? Let me answer for you, at best karma is a soft science and therefore not worthy of consideration, only science has answer's, if not today then tomorrow; the God of the gaps argument in reverse...- US-Roe vs Wade overturned
The irony seems to be that most of the unwanted will fund the prison business. - Why is alcohol legal ?
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.