Making Christian Mingle account, need advice.

Tampitump

I'm trying to find a nice girl, or meet nice girls who may potentially become dates/partners. I decided to make a Christian Mingle account because I find that I'm mostly attracted to Christian women for some reason. They seem more sweet, concerned about their presentation, pure, devoted to their partners, etc etc etc... There is something about them that lends itself to good girlfriend/wife material.

So there are questions you can answer on your profile about your life, hobbies, work, goals, passions, and, of course your Christian-related views. Here are some of the questions, and my responses to some of them (tell me if they sound "Christiany" enough):

Question: What does being a Christian mean to you?

Response: To believe in something bigger than myself. To be aware of the sacrifice that has been made for me and everything on this great Earth, so that we need not suffer. To rejoice in Christ, and to live by his guidance.

Question: How long have you been a Christian?

Response: Since I was twelve years old. I was taken to church as a child and exposed to the word of Christ, but my choice to follow Christ came at the age of twelve when I consciously decided that my life is better in Christ, and that my purpose is to serve him and to help others find him. (This is actually not too far from the truth)

Those are actually the only two I've answered so far.....

Other questions include the following:

Who am I and what am I looking for?

What good things have past relationships taught me?

What is my favorite Bible verse and why? (I really need help thinking of a nice verse)

Should I really milk the Christianness? Or should I kind of back off from it on some questions? I want to make myself accessible to as big a variety of women as possible. I know not all of these girls will be on equal parts of the devoutness spectrum.

[DISCLAIMER] I recognize that this is completely dishonest, bogus, and a total dick move. I don't care. I'm tired of having no girlfriend, and honestly, I like Christian girls. I grew up with them. They're what I'm used to. I don't mind pretending to be Christian forever (or at least for the duration of a relationship) if it gets me a nice girlfriend and all the nice things that go along with that.

Edited by Tampitump

I might actually try to convert back to Christianity, or at least adopt the talking points and pretend to believe. I'm actually perfectly fine with that.

My oldest sister is married to a guy who pretends to be Christian, or at least believe in God for her. They have the best relationship I've ever seen, and they are crazy about each other. He has confessed his non-belief to me when we hang out just us two.

I actually don't like atheist women. I've never met one that I find attractive, and I honestly don't find atheism attractive. I like Christian women. Something about them. of course not all of them. But when they're good, they're the best.

I actually don't like black women. I've never met one that I find attractive, and I honestly don't find being black attractive. I like white women. Something about them. of course not all of them. But when they're good, they're the best.

I wonder how that sounds...

Edited by Daecon

And once again, we're talking about beliefs, not race. Not at all on equal grounds are these two things. Of course I don't think this way about people based on their skin color, or where they were born. I can like whoever's beliefs or values I want, and I can express it without having to rethink that I'm being a bigot. I tend to like women with Christian values, and I tend not to like women who are atheists. When it comes to sexual preference, there is no bigotry. It's who you're attracted to, that's it.

But anyway, getting back to my point. Some suggestions on some of these answers. Serious suggestions only please. Thanks.

Edited by Tampitump

Sorry, but this nonsensical (and I was tempted to use a stronger word) idea was not worth sharing...why should anyone on a science forum care about somebody's seemingly insecure admirations for sweet Christian gals and give advice on how to cheat on an on-line questionnaire? [Facepalm]

I recognize that this is completely dishonest, bogus, and a total dick move.

Well, that saves us having to point out that you are being a dishonest dick. So thanks for that.

I think you should be completely honest: tell them you are a lying dick who needs help. Maybe they will want to "save" you.

Good question. I know its a dick move, but people here are clever, and know religion very well. I figured I could get some good advice.

As for the favorite Bible verse, I chose Jeremiah 29:11. Seems very straight-forward and inspirational. The lord has a plan for me which includes prosperity and peace. I like it.

I actually think this is a good idea. I have no problem faking belief. It works for my brother in law just fine. He's happy.

Well, that saves us having to point out that you are being a dishonest dick. So thanks for that.

I think you should be completely honest: tell them you are a lying dick who needs help. Maybe they will want to "save" you.

I'm not as bad as you think I am.

I see now that I'll get the silent treatment here now. "Don't give that prick the time of day", I'm sure is essence of what they're saying.

Fine fine..... Go ahead and delete this thread if your a mod.

Thanks.

Edited by Tampitump

Good question. I know its a dick move, but people here are clever, and know religion very well. I figured I could get some good advice.

As for the favorite Bible verse, I chose Jeremiah 29:11. Seems very straight-forward and inspirational. The lord has a plan for me which includes prosperity and peace. I like it.

I actually think this is a good idea. I have no problem faking belief. It works for my brother in law just fine. He's happy.

I'm not as bad as you think I am.

I see now that I'll get the silent treatment here now. "Don't give that prick the time of day", I'm sure is essence of what they're saying.

Fine fine..... Go ahead and delete this thread if your a mod.

Thanks.

I think you are in dire need of an empathy transplant.

Don't worry about all the negative responses, Tampitump.

As if none of them had ever lied to a woman in an attempt to get their way.

Men lie. Women lie. You have to get through first impressions before they can get to know the real you.

If your using it as a vehicle to meet people and break out of your shell, its perfectly fine.

In time, you may want to re-think your position and explain yourself, once they get to know you and you become friends.

She may open up and admit some lies of her own. We're all insecure to some extent. Everyone plays the game.

Serious suggestions only please. Thanks.

I am tempted to suggest you go get fucked (and trust me, I would be very serious), but then that's your objective, isn't it.

I see three possible explanations for your OP:

1. You are trolling.

2. You are a sociopath

3. You are just an unpleasant narcissist

I do hope it's number 1, for your sake.

I am tempted to suggest you go get fucked (and trust me, I would be very serious), but then that's your objective, isn't it.

I see three possible explanations for your OP:

1. You are trolling.

2. You are a sociopath

3. You are just an unpleasant narcissist

I do hope it's number 1, for your sake.

I've found that intense personal frustration often fosters similar behaviors to 2 and 3 in many people, so I'm just going to assume it's probably that. Edited by Delta1212

As for the favorite Bible verse, I chose Jeremiah 29:11. S

Really? I would have expected you to go with

Proverbs 6:16-19

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I would like to launch a personal attack on myself - I hope that is allowed along with sarcasm that goes with it. I'm disgusted with myself for participating in giving Tampitump advice in that previous thread of his. I'm furious with myself for completely wasting my genuine effort to belp this guy. I'm a complete idiot for trusting that my sincere words towards Tampitump would achieve its goal. There, I've said it...I'm a complete moron and I promise to do better next time (not)

Oh...and I'm afraid it looks like it's number 2.

Don't worry about all the negative responses, Tampitump.

As if none of them had ever lied to a woman in an attempt to get their way.

Men lie. Women lie. You have to get through first impressions before they can get to know the real you.

If your using it as a vehicle to meet people and break out of your shell, its perfectly fine.

In time, you may want to re-think your position and explain yourself, once they get to know you and you become friends.

She may open up and admit some lies of her own. We're all insecure to some extent. Everyone plays the game.

I've never found it necessary or desirable to be deceptive or "big myself up". If they don't like me as I am then they can go and take a long walk off a short pier. :) Seriously, we can't be all things to all people but should make the most of those that do find us attractive as we are. This is assuming one is after a more long-term situation rather than a brief sexual experience,

My brother in law is not a narcissist, a troll, or a sociopath. He is an atheist who keeps his atheism secret because he loves his wife. He's happy in that situation, and I think I will be too. My goal is not to deceive anyone, just to end the misery I live in most of the time. Most days seem better off unlived for me. It would be nice to meet a good girl. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not one bit ashamed for keeping my atheism a secret to open up more options in my region. No one is atheist here.

There's actually this girl in one of my classes that I find VERY attractive. She is one of those really smart, nerdy types, but very sexy. There is something very attractive about how she dismisses me. She's like nerdy, smart, but very confident. I find it super attractive. I'm too dickless to talk to her though.

My brother in law is not a narcissist, a troll, or a sociopath. He is an atheist who keeps his atheism secret because he loves his wife. He's happy in that situation, and I think I will be too. My goal is not to deceive anyone, just to end the misery I live in most of the time. Most days seem better off unlived for me. It would be nice to meet a good girl. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not one bit ashamed for keeping my atheism a secret to open up more options in my region. No one is atheist here.

There's actually this girl in one of my classes that I find VERY attractive. She is one of those really smart, nerdy types, but very sexy. There is something very attractive about how she dismisses me. She's like nerdy, smart, but very confident. I find it super attractive. I'm too dickless to talk to her though.

Are you familiar with the "Yellow Bastard" character from the film "Sin City" ?

I recognize that this is completely dishonest, bogus, and a total dick move. I don't care.

My goal is not to deceive anyone

Nope. You know you're deliberately trying to deceive people. Seriously, you are a 25 year old man, not a whiny pubescent middle schooler. Grow up.

Just to give you some perspective, go watch Transfatty lives. Patrick O'Brien has ALS. he manages to meet a girl, fall in love and have a child all while completely paralyzed, unable to speak and eating through a tube. Everybody faces their own challenges and other people have overcome far worse challenges than you. You aren't a special snowflake. If life is really getting you down then seek professional help.

You guys are just as bad as you're labeling me. Insulting me like that.

I do apologize for my antics. I know I seem like a douche bag, and an asshole. I suffer from severe, untreated depression. I'm not trying to use that as a crutch. But it's true. This form is how I get my anger out.
I think of suicide every single day. I always end up bearing it out another day.but every day is a worse struggle for me to get through. My mind is infected with such depression.