Weather manipulation in humans

newuser123

Think about it this way... What is known to influence the weather? What specific events cause the weather to shift, and what magnitude or strength is required for them to make the weather change? Now... Can ANY of those things be replicated via genetics, and if they can, can the required magnitude be achieved by a human body?

Produce spores. Lots and lots of spores.

Fungus ManTM

Superman may be able to fly, but how many heroes cover a couple thousand acres?

When his fruiting bodies appear, farmers rejoice knowing rain may follow!

A dedicated and improbably hot Mycologist serves as a possible love interest...

Any day now you too could end up sitting down to watch the Fungus ManTM Trilogy!

Small particles(dust, spores, etc) can contribute to cloud formation. Different gasses can have assorted results. Lightning strikes via laser induced plasma channels. Condensers can pull moisture out of the air.

There's nothing too far out there though. Anything really impressive would take large investments of energy.

He told me he refers to be known as the Fun Guy.

lol, you got a laugh at this house :)

Edited by Endy0816

What if :) instead of modifying one person to become superhuman, everybody was modified to have less of an impact on our ecosystem.
The Dead Kennedy's song "Shrink" comes to mind.
But maybe something less drastic, like an overwhelming desire to walk and recycle.

Using genetic engineering could a human control weather ?

Right now, no.

In the long term maybe some qualities of the human body can be added through genetic manipulation, but it won't be enough for a single human to control the weather.

Genetically engineer someone to have butterfly wings, and the send her/him to some distant place where s/he can flap the wings or not.

Why even put in that effort? I know it's not precisely weather, but I hear it's already the case that when an American sits down, there's an earthquake in China, no genetic engineering of extra parts required.

It's known as the butterball effect.

Using genetic engineering could a human control weather ?

What would be the purpose? Having worked in an office environment, I know it's bad policy to have more than one person controlling the thermostat.

There's very little correlation between what affects the weather and things we could genetically engineer ourselves for. It's much simpler and more easily controllable to continue to work at this from a technology perspective, engineering tools to enhance what our bodies can't do.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid, I felt like I had this power too. Like I could make it rain, if I tried hard enough, or making the wind in either direction at will.
Don't have any facts to back up this statement, so I won't continue.

However, there are some kinds of way people can sense what kind of weather will come up. Here are some examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_pains E.g: Body feels pain when it's going to rain
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-03-24/news/fl-rain-in-bones-20130324_1_bones-weather-spotter-barometric-pressure

If somebody builds a weather-control-machine, and someone else develops mindcontrol-powers due to genetic engineering, and then uses those powers to control the person who possesses the weather-control-machine,

doet it still count as using genetic engineering to control the weather ?

If somebody builds a weather-control-machine, and someone else develops mindcontrol-powers due to genetic engineering, and then uses those powers to control the person who possesses the weather-control-machine,

doet it still count as using genetic engineering to control the weather ?

No.

It counts as genetic engineering for mind controlling others.

Edited by Tzurain

Apparently if a young girl falls asleep inside a fairy ring they turn into a hag... I have often wondered about the science behind this... more feasible that controlling the weather with brain power though. No brainer.

• 3 weeks later...

In fact, I've been thinking about this... if the girl falls asleep inside the fairy ring then she must be outside... probably in the autumn, as that is when things get more mushroomy. Outside, asleep in the cold and the damp, surrounded by fungal pores! So - not only extra weathering due to cold and damp, but the pores probably attack the young girls face and cause fungus to grow there - the accumalative effect of prolonged sleeping under such conditions with fungal attack will be making her face go all pitted and wrinkled, thus making her look/turn into a hag.

Edited by DrP