Alternative Facts, Broken Promises & Wolves

DrmDoc

I though we might list here and discuss the proliferation of alternative facts, broken promises, and the selection of predators as guardians of our country and economy's trust under Trump's administration. Although evidence has been accumulating since January 20th, the latest appears to be Trump's selection of for labor secretary, Andrew Puzder. Puzder's outsourcing of jobs and advocating robots as replacements for workers demanding wage increases provide more evidence of how Trump's doesn't particularly care about the American worker or adhering to his promises to put them first. Although unlikely, a convincing preponderance of evidence might sway his supporters in this forum to reason.

Edited by DrmDoc

In a broader context it seems that many of his choices are advocates of dismantling the department they are nominated to run, rather than advocating for it.

I agree, his apparent efforts to dismantle and muzzle government agencies charged with protecting the health and welfare of our citizenry, environment, and economy is accumulating daily. The next horror would likely be his Supreme Court selection--I cringe at the thought.

Republican leadership seems content to let the bull wreck certain pieces of china, but don't seem capable of saving the shop.

The next horror would likely be his Supreme Court selection--I cringe at the thought.

Whatever you do then, don't think about what Putin has on him that he's afraid the world will find out about.

Republican leadership seems content to let the bull wreck certain pieces of china, but don't seem capable of saving the shop.

Whatever you do then, don't think about what Putin has on him that he's afraid the world will find out about.

Thank God we in the UK only suffered Brexit and not him... can... not... compute.

Edited by StringJunky

Thank God we in the UK only suffered Brexit and not him... can... not... compute.

Destruction of efforts taken to decrease global warming effects will hit you no matter where you are...

And this is just the beginning ..

Edited by Sensei

Destruction of efforts taken to decrease global warming effects will hit you no matter where you are...

And that's just a start..

We (U.S.) haven't fully recovered from Bush 43 in terms of creating greater instability throughout the Middle East and soaring deficits. This looks to be worse. We need true courage and ethical people to combact this. For starters the media has to stop covering alternative facts. Reporters should stage a walkout of the White House press room and refuse to participate in press breifings if they are going to be blatantly lied to. All Democratics in Congress should also walk out and refuse to return the the Capital until Trump releases his taxes and we (the people) how a grasp on what his various conflicts of interest are. This administration is cursing to the heveans daring god to strike them dead for proof god real. Only it isn't really god, it is ethics and the law they are thumbing their noses at. If it stands unchallanged I believe it will only get worse.

Edited by Ten oz

We (U.S.) haven't fully recovered from Bush 43 in terms of creating greater instability throughout the Middle East and soaring deficits. This looks to be worse. We need true courage and ethical people to combact this. For starters the media has to stop covering alternative facts. Reporters should stage a walkout of the White House press room and refuse to participate in press breifings if they are going to be blatantly lied to. All Democratics in Congress should also walk out and refuse to return the the Capital until Trump releases his taxes and we (the people) how a grasp on what his various conflicts of interest are. This administration is cursing to the heveans daring god to strike them dead for proof god real. Only it isn't really god, it is ethics and the law they are thumbing their noses at. If it stands unchallanged I believe it will only get worse.

I disagree; Trump's feet should be held to the fire for every infraction and a free press has to be there to report them to the American people. If reporters start walking-out, what would remain is exactly what Trump's backwards policies need to succeed--silence on behalf of the people.

Edited by DrmDoc

How could President Businessman make the mistake of thinking an import tariff on Mexican goods made Mexico pay for the wall? I'm guessing President Hate follows up with some ultra alt-right media pitchforking about "Americans" who drink Corona and Dos Equis. It's the only way this catastrophic plan works to harm Mexico.

As to the media, if they want our trust back, they need to refuse to cover these people live. Always put them on a time delay, and when they lie you stop, check the facts, report the facts, and then start the recording again. Trash alternative facts. Trash them and the horseshit they rode in on.

How could President Businessman make the mistake of thinking an import tariff on Mexican goods made Mexico pay for the wall? I'm guessing President Hate follows up with some ultra alt-right media pitchforking about "Americans" who drink Corona and Dos Equis. It's the only way this catastrophic plan works to harm Mexico.

As to the media, if they want our trust back, they need to refuse to cover these people live. Always put them on a time delay, and when they lie you stop, check the facts, report the facts, and then start the recording again. Trash alternative facts. Trash them and the horseshit they rode in on.

A 20% tariff passed on to American consumers means that we, not Mexico, would still be paying for Trump's stupid, stupid wall.

I disagree; Trump's feet should be held to the fire for every infraction and a free press has to be there to report them to the American people. If reporters start walking-out, what would remain is exactly what Trump's backwards policies need to succeed--silence on behalf of the people.

The press has been trying to fact check and hold him to the fire since he anounced he was running and it has failed over and over and over. All press is good press, Trump has proved the saying. The press need to stop participating. Stop giving his the air time he so clearly craves. Refuse to interview him, question his press Sec. and etc till such time he agree to address their actually questions. As it stands now we all may as well just follower him on twitter and read his tweets. No one has gotten anything more out of him through this whole process.

The press has been trying to fact check and hold him to the fire since he anounced he was running and it has failed over and over and over. All press is good press, Trump has proved the saying. The press need to stop participating. Stop giving his the air time he so clearly craves. Refuse to interview him, question his press Sec. and etc till such time he agree to address their actually questions. As it stands now we all may as well just follower him on twitter and read his tweets. No one has gotten anything more out of him through this whole process.

I disagree that the press really tried. If he wants to give an interview, the press are obligated. What they failed to suppress was the lies on top of lies he gets to pump out when they cover him live. They need to keep him on delay, and break in with more than just a banner when he tries his alternative facts. Have an actual person up in the corner of the screen who corrects the lie, then go on with the interview. Trump will hate it, he will stop giving interviews. And when he switches to rallies, the media needs to refuse to cover them.

Never cover Trump live again. He's lost the right to speak in real-time.

If it weren't for the media's reporting of every Trump tongue fumble and misstep, there would be no protests or outrage in America's streets or around the world. He didn't win because of his press coverage, he won because too many of us either didn't believe his election possible, believed his alternative facts, or just didn't care. The absence of press would merely serve this administrations apparent efforts to keep the world and the American people ignorant and uninformed.

How could President Businessman make the mistake of thinking an import tariff on Mexican goods made Mexico pay for the wall?

How could any educated person, not only businessman, not known that the weaker economy of Mexico, the more people trying to get out and migrate to USA.. ?

@ Phi for All and DrmDoc, yes the media gave Trump billions of dollars infree coverage. Often just will to run his every movements live an treat it like news. However there was ample coverage of Trump's lies. I don't think the overwhelming majority of voters aren't aware Trump lies, promotes racist and sexist views, has many conflicts of interest, won't relieve his taxes, and knowingly accepted/embraced the help of Russia during the election. The facts are well known but those who support Trump simply do not care. More good journalism fact checking his lies after reporting his lies as news won't change anything.

The AI that predicted Trump's win did so using data number for media engagement. Whether it was positive or negative was irrelevant. The more a candidate was the discussed the more likely they were to win. All press in good press.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/donald-trump-will-win-the-election-and-is-more-popular-than-obama-in-2008-ai-system-finds.html

Trump's press person tells a lie about a topic like Voter Fraud, voter fraud doesn't derserve any press at all due to the fact it is not real, and now Voter Fraud is a top trending news item. Doesn't matter that the majority of press is pointing out that voter fraud doesn't exist. What matter is voter fraud is now a leading story everyone is talking about. That is a huge win for Donald Trump. He is being allow to control what gets discussed. If his people are going to just lie, if he (Trump) is going to continue to just lie and refuse to address legit questions, the media needs to stop being party to his propaganda.

Why should the media be "obligated" to allow themselves to be used? Trump did an interview with NBC yesterday and spent party of the interview directing the interviewer and audience to watch FoxNews. Just as an agenda is set and agreed to ahead of meetings between countries, corperations, attorneys, and etc in advance of a meeting clear structured guidelines should be set prior to the press meeting with Trump or his staff. Obvious Foxnews will give Trump all the press he wants. That is par for the course. In my opinion everyone else should refuse to attend press conferences, give interviews, or cover events unless they have assurances in place that specific topics will be address. Otherwise what is the point? What did the press get from Trump's press breifing about crowd size at the ignauguration that they couldn't have gotten by just following Trump's people on Twitter? Why allow them (team Trump) to make every news organization carry that story?

Calling a lie a lie is not enough. Trump being in the White house is proof of that. The liars I know in my life I ignore. When they swing by my office and tell me things I know aren't true I just ignore them. I don't go office to office repeating the lie while at the same time pointing out it is a lie. Most smart people ignore liars. If Trump agree to take questions about x, y, and z than great the press should be there with sharpen pencils. Otherwise he should be boycotted by the press. The Press should not agree to discuss Voter Fraud and crowd sizewith him if he isn't willing to address a single question they ask;quid pro qou.

He's flooding the channel with nonsense to distract those people who are only paying minimal attention from the things he's doing that they wouldn't like.

He's very intentionally making it more difficult to sift through what's actually true and what's not since doing so makes it easier to change things in ways that are unpopular.

With all the noise, it requires a higher cognitive load to isolate what's truly happening. Most of the public are too busy with life trying to survive and feed their kids and pay the bills to spend that kind of mental energy sorting through all of the latest politics and lies.

It's as if he's shining a giant spotlight on us to blind us from the more important items of lower illumination. He's blasting us with concert decibel sound to prevent us from hearing the whispers. He's spraying us with the tail of the skunk to prevent us from smelling flesh he's letting rot around us.

@ Phi for All and DrmDoc, yes the media gave Trump billions of dollars infree coverage. Often just will to run his every movements live an treat it like news. However there was ample coverage of Trump's lies. I don't think the overwhelming majority of voters aren't aware Trump lies, promotes racist and sexist views, has many conflicts of interest, won't relieve his taxes, and knowingly accepted/embraced the help of Russia during the election. The facts are well known but those who support Trump simply do not care. More good journalism fact checking his lies after reporting his lies as news won't change anything.

The AI that predicted Trump's win did so using data number for media engagement. Whether it was positive or negative was irrelevant. The more a candidate was the discussed the more likely they were to win. All press in good press.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/donald-trump-will-win-the-election-and-is-more-popular-than-obama-in-2008-ai-system-finds.html

Trump's press person tells a lie about a topic like Voter Fraud, voter fraud doesn't derserve any press at all due to the fact it is not real, and now Voter Fraud is a top trending news item. Doesn't matter that the majority of press is pointing out that voter fraud doesn't exist. What matter is voter fraud is now a leading story everyone is talking about. That is a huge win for Donald Trump. He is being allow to control what gets discussed. If his people are going to just lie, if he (Trump) is going to continue to just lie and refuse to address legit questions, the media needs to stop being party to his propaganda.

Why should the media be "obligated" to allow themselves to be used? Trump did an interview with NBC yesterday and spent party of the interview directing the interviewer and audience to watch FoxNews. Just as an agenda is set and agreed to ahead of meetings between countries, corperations, attorneys, and etc in advance of a meeting clear structured guidelines should be set prior to the press meeting with Trump or his staff. Obvious Foxnews will give Trump all the press he wants. That is par for the course. In my opinion everyone else should refuse to attend press conferences, give interviews, or cover events unless they have assurances in place that specific topics will be address. Otherwise what is the point? What did the press get from Trump's press breifing about crowd size at the ignauguration that they couldn't have gotten by just following Trump's people on Twitter? Why allow them (team Trump) to make every news organization carry that story?

Calling a lie a lie is not enough. Trump being in the White house is proof of that. The liars I know in my life I ignore. When they swing by my office and tell me things I know aren't true I just ignore them. I don't go office to office repeating the lie while at the same time pointing out it is a lie. Most smart people ignore liars. If Trump agree to take questions about x, y, and z than great the press should be there with sharpen pencils. Otherwise he should be boycotted by the press. The Press should not agree to discuss Voter Fraud and crowd sizewith him if he isn't willing to address a single question they ask;quid pro qou.

What you appear to be advocating is what's called in baseball, "Taking your eye off the ball", which I'm against. In doing so--not reporting every pitch Donald makes--we risk being socially, environmentally and economically struck and damaged by his administration's moronic policies and efforts. Ultimately, we risk losing significant gains and freedoms too many have sacrificed their lives to achieve (e.g., civil rights, voting rights, environmental protection, conservation, legal abortions, etc.).

What you appear to be advocating is what's called in baseball, "Taking your eye off the ball", which I'm against. In doing so--not reporting every pitch Donald makes--we risk being socially, environmentally and economically struck and damaged by his administration's moronic policies and efforts. Ultimately, we risk losing significant gains and freedoms too many have sacrificed their lives to achieve (e.g., civil rights, voting rights, environmental protection, conservation, legal abortions, etc.).

Refusing to attend a briefing where Trump's team is lying about voter fraud and inauguration crowds isn't equal to taking ones eyes off the ball. We don't need lead stories about those lies. Reporting on them only help promote them. FoxNews, Drudge, and many other Conservative outlets will happily promote those lies.

Refusing to attend a briefing where Trump's team is lying about voter fraud and inauguration crowds isn't equal to taking ones eyes off the ball. We don't need lead stories about those lies. Reporting on them only help promote them. FoxNews, Drudge, and many other Conservative outlets will happily promote those lies.

One cannot not attend any function attended or quote words uttered by, not "Donald Trump", but THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

You can throw up now.

Edited by StringJunky

One cannot not attend any function attended or quote words uttered by, not "Donald Trump", but THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

You can throw up now.

All that is happening by various media outlets attempting to fact check Trump is him getting a bigger audience. Voter Fraud Committed by illegal immigrants isn't real yet has become such a hot headline that to millions of people investing it seems fair. Make something a well known story by giving it exposure only legitimizes it. Trump has been able to bait and switch on so many things by lying g and fighting with the media. At so.e point the media has to be smart enough to stop playing along.

All that is happening by various media outlets attempting to fact check Trump is him getting a bigger audience. Voter Fraud Committed by illegal immigrants isn't real yet has become such a hot headline that to millions of people investing it seems fair. Make something a well known story by giving it exposure only legitimizes it. Trump has been able to bait and switch on so many things by lying g and fighting with the media. At so.e point the media has to be smart enough to stop playing along.

"You can fool some people..." Just keep giving him rope.

It is rather telling when the otherwise conservative Cato institute publishes this:

For President Trump to fulfill his promise, America will need to do more than kill terrorists and arrest their collaborators. It will need to change the minds of many Muslims around the world about America and its institutions. Immigration is the best—perhaps the only—way that it can do this, and right now, U.S. Muslim immigration is reforming the religion, creating a new cohort of liberal Muslims able to combat Islamist arguments.