Was this a miracle or a mistake?

This is turning so british and out of the OP

Things are worrying for Robbitybob1. Not only he typed a word he didn't know but he didn't remember it. From his info he is 61, that is early for that kind of things. So I was wondering: was there any grandchildren or nephew at home? Was that a joke? Or does anyone want to drive him crazy?

Edited by michel123456

Things are worrying for Robbitybob1. Not only he typed a word he didn't know but he didn't remember it. From his info he is 61, that is early for that kind of things. So I was wondering: was there any grandchildren or nephew at home? Was that a joke? Or does anyone want to drive him crazy?

I think I was just extremely tired. It is not that often that I forget what I write on the science forums.

Is there a phenomenon that's the opposite of deja vu? The feeling that you've never done what you just did?

Is there a phenomenon that's the opposite of deja vu? The feeling that you've never done what you just did?

Jamais vu.

In psychology, jamais vu (/ˈʒɑːm ˈv/; from French, meaning "never seen") is the phenomenon of experiencing a situation that one recognizes in some fashion, but that nonetheless seems very unfamiliar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamais_vu

Jamais vu.

Interesting and that lead to the link on presque vu or TOT. "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tip_of_the_tongue

The tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon (TOT), sometimes called presque vu (French pronunciation: [pʁɛsk vy]) "almost seen", is the failure to retrieve a word from memory, combined with partial recall and the feeling that retrieval is imminent.[1] The phenomenon's name comes from the saying, "It's on the tip of my tongue." The tip of the tongue phenomenon reveals that lexical access occurs in stages.

I get a often especially when I'm anxious. That is worse than jamais vu, I'd say.

Edited by Robittybob1

[Cough], British gets a capital letter in English.

Interesting and that lead to the link on presque vu or TOT. "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tip_of_the_tongue

I get a often especially when I'm anxious. That is worse than jamais vu, I'd say.

In that situation, I think it's best to forget about it for a bit. I think of our knowledge base like one big bookshelf and it takes your 'little librarian' a while to find what you want! :)

In that situation, I think it's best to forget about it for a bit. I think of our knowledge base like one big bookshelf and it takes your 'little librarian' a while to find what you want! :)

That works too but usually I get the problem when I'm the center of attention and I need the word straight away. It can be really embarrassing.

That works too but usually I get the problem when I'm the center of attention and I need the word straight away. It can be really embarrassing.

I just laugh it off and say "I've forgotten, Alzheimer's must be setting in." We are not perfect automatons anyway so don't get hung about it. Rather than fruitlessly pursue that elusive word in mid-speech grab the first alternative that comes to mind.

I just laugh it off and say "I've forgotten, Alzheimer's must be setting in." We are not perfect automatons anyway so don't get hung about it. Rather than fruitlessly pursue that elusive word in mid-speech grab the first alternative that comes to mind.

I'll try that next time.

I just laugh it off and say "I've forgotten, Alzheimer's must be setting in."

Or, "I've forgotten, thingy must be setting in. You know that whatsit where you, um, lose your thingy. You know. It's on the, um, of my errr... "

Other explanations:

sessions hijacking

another user on your device (computer)

stolen password

I know session hijacking can happen with wifi connections, especially public ones. Hit "Sign Out".

article on session hijacking

http://www.gizmag.com/firesheep-http-hijacking-tool/16726/

boobs

Edited by MonDie