The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Lisa, and I'm currently getting my master's in neurobiology, and planning on a neurobiology PhD as my next venture. It's safe to assume that I like neurobiology, in addition to sarcasm, being outdoors, old textbooks, traveling, baking, snow, and bourbon.

I joined this thread because I spend all day learning about science, thinking about science, and practicing science, so naturally I want nothing more than to come home every night and talk about more science; hopefully you guys can help out with that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Lisa, and I'm currently getting my master's in neurobiology, and planning on a neurobiology PhD as my next venture. It's safe to assume that I like neurobiology, in addition to sarcasm, being outdoors, old textbooks, traveling, baking, snow, and bourbon.

I joined this thread because I spend all day learning about science, thinking about science, and practicing science, so naturally I want nothing more than to come home every night and talk about more science; hopefully you guys can help out with that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Hi Lisa ,

Welcome .

Mind you don't get hit by a swinging cat !

Mike

Ps . I just spent the last hour listening to Jim Al-Khalili .at the Royal institute . Really , really ,really worth the hour .

Jim Al-Khalili - Quantum Life: How Physics Can Revolutionise Biology

Link :

Whatever you do . Do not miss the last 2 minutes of the video !

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Benjamin and I'm from Germany. I'm currrently highly mentally busy thinking about certain science/philosophy stuff, so much, that I recently got my own age wrong by year :eek: . No need to worry about me, however :eyebrow:

Hello, my name is Benjamin and I'm from Germany. I'm currrently highly mentally busy thinking about certain science/philosophy stuff, so much, that I recently got my own age wrong by year :eek: . No need to worry about me, however :eyebrow:

Welcome. Aboard !

. Plenty of thinking goes on here. Plenty of forgetting of age too! And where did I put my Glasses.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

OK, when I first came on this forum I was more than a bit in a mood. Seeing what kind of reaction I'd get is still a fast track to getting to know a new forum, however. But that doesn't mean I still can't benefit in the long run from things. And yes, alcohol is one way to give me courage.(Pay no attention that I just started the past to sentences off with "But" and "And".) I apologize for me previous posts. Now I'm just saying 'hello' and hopefully to start afresh...

I am a physics major and sometimes wonder if I should have majored in math. When I was younger I wanted to study intelligence but the chemistry involved in the human brain seemed to me too far back to be a reliable scientific endeavour. My fovorite author is Sigmund Freud as I found his works so perplexing.

Anyways, Hi.

Hi I'm Don I work in education.

Good user name Don. Writing on page which goes left to right and then right to left like ploughing oxen - learnt that on holiday in Crete many moons ago. On the mad chance you learnt of it in the same place - did you know that they have recently decyphered the Codex of Phaistos; the spiral clay tablet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I am a curious sponge. I love science and knowledge in general. I probably won't post very often but I will be watching and absorbing information. 'Always watching'

Curious Sponge And Master Carrot

Plenty to ' soak up ' here . Welcome aboard .

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Hello. I'm ceyha. Each letter of my nickname stands for a part of my name. I am interested in many of the sciences, but I decided not to major in the field of science. Instead, I am majoring in special education and psychology. However, I find science intriguing which is why I joined this forum, so I could interact with people who mayor may not have the similar interest in science as myself. I look forward to reading more into this forum.

Hello. I'm ceyha. Each letter of my nickname stands for a part of my name. I am interested in many of the sciences, but I decided not to major in the field of science. Instead, I am majoring in special education and psychology. However, I find science intriguing which is why I joined this forum, so I could interact with people who mayor may not have the similar interest in science as myself. I look forward to reading more into this forum.

Welcome Ceyha .

Spread out and take your pick of subjects. There is enough to get lost in !

Mike

I am new here,

I started at unniversity in a two year lliberal studies "Great Books" program. Having finished that, and declared a major in philosophy, in my senior year I found that the questions I was interested in were somewhat more concrete; and changed my major to zoology. Fortunately, along the way, I had done the majors' lower division sequences in biology, chemistry, physics and math, so a great deal of backing up was not required. In the end I finished a degree in zoology with a minor in philosophy and paleontolotgy. My interest in the evolution of fish behavior led me to graduate school in oceanography. After years of grad school and post-graduate reseach I stayed on in university administration and then retired here in Hawaii.

I have been banned from any number of science/religion so-called debate sites because I do not suffer fools gladly enough.

Edited by H.sapiens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My name is Evaristo. I recently finished my undergraduate studies in the field of psychology, along the way I discovered my passion for neuroscience but overall I really find and science areas very interesting. I hope I can learn and share a lot from everyone in this forum.