To what organization owns this site?

dapifo

I wonder if this website belongs to a University, Centre or Company (Public or Private?).

Thanks

I've been told the site is privately owned by a conglomerate of hyper-intellegent pan-dimensional beings. The truth of this, while constantly being questioned, is nevertheless quite unquestionably possible.

It is only a normal question...to understand better the funccioning of it...and also the objective of it.

It is the first time that any moderator is aswering....(???)...the question was for them...but possible at this hours they are resting.

Will see the answers tomorrow.

I've been told the site is privately owned by a conglomerate of hyper-intellegent pan-dimensional beings. The truth of this, while constantly being questioned, is nevertheless quite unquestionably possible.

Wrong actually, its a limited liability corporation of hypergeometric shade of the colour blues.

I wonder if this website belongs to a University, Centre or Company (Public or Private?).

Thanks

Are you asking this question on every science forum? If so, why? If not, how are you selecting the ones you do ask?

Dave owns the server, blike owns the domain name, and either Dave or I own the license for the forum software. Ownership is sort of distributed.

Well that's just boring, unless the three of you are pan dimensional beings.

Well that's just boring, unless the three of you are pan dimensional beings.

Yeah, I was hoping for a little more intrigue. Maybe the NSA or MI5. Unless of course Cap'n's avatar is really just a photograph of him. Hmmm.

It is only a normal question...to understand better the funccioning of it...and also the objective of it.

In the ScienceForums.Net Forum Rules it is stated that:

Section 1: Purpose Statement

ScienceForums.net is dedicated to providing a forum for the discussion of all things scientific with the highest degree of integrity and respectability. We aim to provide all individuals, regardless of their education level, a forum to express their ideas and love of science.

Dave owns the server, blike owns the domain name, and either Dave or I own the license for the forum software. Ownership is sort of distributed.

Maybe we should have an official statement about ownership and such in a dedicated section, inside the Forum Rules.

Edited by Spyman

Does it help at all if DAVE is actually D.A.V.E. and this is the third Cap'n Refsmmat we've had?

That's excluding those Cap'ns who broke down while they were still in the warranty period.

It is the first time that any moderator is aswering....(???)...the question was for them...but possible at this hours they are resting.

Moderators are all volunteers, so we are online only when we have the time.

This is a serious observation. This site attracts ideas from young fertile minds. Most of the ideas can be disregarded for various reasons. Perhaps they are not novel; perhaps they are misguided; perhaps they are even ridiculous. However, now and again perhaps an idea arises they may be of benefit in some way. It may trigger a chain of events that benefit mankind or make some business concern a lot of money. I can see more than one reason for a site such as this and so can see that the question of who owns it and why it exists might arise.

Leave it to the Cap'n to spoil all the fun

I'll sell my stake to the highest bidder

I buy it !!!!...how much ???...we see and talk...out of the web !!!

OK..OK...Thanks...I see this web belogs to three private persons with nonprofit objective (Unless that appears a good opportunity), and with some volumteers collaborators.

That´s all !!!!...I only wanted to know it. Because I thought that it belonged (as other science webs) to Universities or Other kind of Science organization.

I don´t ask it to all the webs, only to that I use to use...because normally it didn´t appear in any place of the web.

And the other 4 web I ask it (1 USA, 1 English, and 2 Spanish) ... they belong to particular persons like this one (!!!).

I think it could be interesting to tell it in the Principal Page.

Edited by dapifo

$1billion USD. Final offer

OK...It is clear that you have a very good position in the Google search (2nd if you looking for "science forum")...go on with your job...and congratulations for it !!

I only hope to be able to have interesting discussions and coversations about science topics...with you and with your members and users.

Usually, It is something difficult to have them in the regular sociial life outside the university and research centers.

I hope this forum (..and others) could be a window for me to the intellectual and scientific discussions, in a a pleasant and amusing way, but also in a educated and serious way.

• 10 months later...

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think that the site is belonged to university i found some information using whois search which is provided by the site (url removed by mod).It say that the site is registerd by John Venzor.If your intended to know more about the site you can use the site i have mesioned .

Edited by CaptainPanic