What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

Whoa String, that comes from the latter part of the 20th century! You're letting me down! :P

OK, from my youthful misspent time:

Cry For The Nations - Michael Schencker Group

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Jeff Healey

Edited by StringJunky

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh yes, Andrea Bocelli

Serge Gainsbourg

And for the (very) deep intelligentsia of Sfn French speaking members, the intranslatable life death and resurrection of a passion love

Here below (as it seems only 2 Youtube clips allowed here)

I

I

I

V

Edited by michel123456

Oooh yes, Andrea Bocelli

Serge Gainsbourg

And for the (very) deep intelligentsia of Sfn French speaking members, the intranslatable life death and resurrection of a passion love

Here below (as it seems only 2 Youtube clips allowed here)

Ooh yes, Jane Birkin, you bad boy. I think this one was popular in the UK.

I'll say one thing for the French, they know how to make films about love, sex, intrigue and romance. Knocks everyone else out of the park. I love the existential/philosophical angles the characters often take.

Edited by StringJunky

It has been soooo long overdue. Today pulled CDs from under the dust and decided to have a 2+ hour loud session with a trio. Grand Funk.

About 30 years since last session. Interesting feel being transported to the past.

Ooh yes, Jane Birkin, you bad boy. I think this one was popular in the UK.

I'll say one thing for the French, they know how to make films about love, sex, intrigue and romance. Knocks everyone else out of the park. I love the existential/philosophical angles the characters often take.

Right.

As a side note your post was not the original soundtrack of "I love you, Me neither". The lyrics take an immense part of French songs, surely the main reason why they cannot be appreciated by the foreign audience. A lot of satire and poesy painted in black in all songs from Gainsbourg.

Also a reminder: this not good looking guy married this beautiful girl from his talent.

Edited by michel123456

Right.

As a side note your post was not the original soundtrack of "I love you, Me neither". The lyrics take an immense part of French songs, surely the main reason why they cannot be appreciated by the foreign audience. A lot of satire and poesy painted in black in all songs from Gainsbourg.

Yes, I only appreciated the French films because they were subtitled; which I'm quite at home with. Will have to remember to get the translations for French songs. the films can be quite noir, which the french are pretty good at.

Edited by StringJunky