If you had a time machine where would you go?

RyanJ

I would go to the far past; to the time (if there was a time) when the universe started... Big Bang or whatever, I could finally verify how it all began. Just wanted to know that.. :)

Good Point...to see if its really creation or evolution.:)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Amtekoth
Alexandria' date=' 380 AD.

Photograph or remove as much as possible before the fire.

[edit'] Does anyone know where I can store 70,000 scrolls?[/edit]

Well, if you photographed them, probably on a flash drive.

I wrote a short story about a time traveller in Alexandria back in the 1970's. Turns out he himself started the fire by accident. Corny, I know, but I was in high school.

I would also go back about 2,000 years to witness Jesus' Crucifixion. Then I would go about a week before Charles Darwin published his Theory of Evolution, and I would publish [insert my real name here]'s Theory of Evolution so I would get all of the credit. Also, I'd go to the early 1400's and "discover" America.

Edit: Whoa, I already posted in this thread. I'm very smart...:rolleyes:

sorry my mistake...

but then alice...what if it wasn't a big bang at all huh? what if from nothing everything just came to be because a divine being said it so. there would have been no need for evolution. so in a way it's verification of evo and creation. so you're not that wrong i think.

well, i'd rather make a time loop though, so i can eat an ice cream forever. :D

evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of the universe.

well, no offense but i do believe that evolution has something to do with the beginning of the universe.. evolution won't take place if there was n't any start or spark of life.. but then again.. no one knows..yet.

I would go back to the moment of the big bang and watch the opening moments in all its glory (if I could somehow have my own outside observer booth).

Or maybe I would see if I was directly descended from any famous politicians or generals in history.

but then alice...what if it wasn't a big bang at all huh? what if from nothing everything just came to be because a divine being said it so. there would have been no need for evolution. so in a way it's verification of evo and creation. so you're not that wrong i think.

well' date=' i'd rather make a time loop though, so i can eat an ice cream forever. :D[/quote']

well, no offense but i do believe that evolution has something to do with the beginning of the universe.. evolution won't take place if there was n't any start or spark of life.. but then again.. no one knows..yet.

okay, evolution!=big bang!=abiogenesis. evolution isn't even mutually exclusive with creationism.

okay, evolution!=big bang!=abiogenesis. evolution isn't even mutually exclusive with creationism.

so how do we explain the transcedents? i think what they mean here is the blossom of life then evolution.. that's how i understand it.

why don't we all go back to a time when there was no earth, no solar system, no universe and wait for something to happen..and see for ourselves whether it's really evolution or creation...
so how do we explain the transcedents? i think what they mean here is the blossom of life then evolution.. that's how i understand it.

evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of anything. also, evolution and creationism are not necesarily mutually exclusive.

check out this site

check out these threads, too:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13261

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9484

i would go back to the era when people just started discovering genes and dna etc and then i would tell them what ever we know today about genetics and bag the noble prize . and do many more things then i would be like the founder of modern science.

I thought it was the Christians that burned the Library because all of those scrolls weren't the Bible. So they destroyed them on purpose.

That's one of the stories, there are many others. (With just as many alleged perpetrators.:) )

The records do seem to show however, that for some years before the fire there were complaints that many scrolls had gone missing. It is said that in around 390 AD, a fire on the wharves destroyed 700,000 scrolls. Whether this is true or not is a mystery, and if true, what were they doing on the wharf?

Either way, the idea of seeing and reading all those missing works ( that we only know of because they are mentioned in surviving works ) makes my mouth water.:D

evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of anything. also' date=' evolution and creationism are not necesarily mutually exclusive.

check out this site

check out these threads, too:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13261

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9484

i guess we're going to nowhere with this respond here-respond there. so may i ask you, what would you like to do with your time machine.. and like ryan said, we know its kinda impossible but what if..

A stupid question I know' date=' you can't have a time machine but its always fun to think anyway!

Where would you go and why?[/quote']

The first place I would go would be to see Jesus in person to save him from crucifixion!

i guess we're going to nowhere with this respond here-respond there. so may i ask you, what would you like to do with your time machine.. and like ryan said, we know its kinda impossible but what if..

it's not impossible, but it is rather pointless. any time travel that you will do has already happened. it isn't like time travel changes anything. if you go back in time and get in a photograph, you don't magically appear in the photo years later, you were always there. any consequences of your time travel would have already happened before you left.

it's not impossible, but it is rather pointless. any time travel that you will do has already happened. it isn't like time travel changes anything. if you go back in time and get in a photograph, you don't magically appear in the photo years later, you were always there. any consequences of your time travel would have already happened before you left.

ahh.. i see.. so there would be no significant event that would happen.. how bout you blow up something that was still standing in your present time (and when you travelled back it was still being constructed), a building maybe.. so, like what you said, when you travel back to your own time it's as if nothing happend, is that what you mean?

Well what if the building got blown up in your time. Then you go back in time and prevent it from blowing up. If the building ends up not blowing up in your time, you have no reason to go back and then there's nobody to stop the building from blowing up. So is the building in your time gonna blow up or not!