If you had a time machine where would you go?

RyanJ

A stupid question I know, you can't have a time machine but its always fun to think anyway!

Where would you go and why?

I would go right back to the start, see how the universe started. What better thing is there?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stupid question I know' date=' you can't have a time machine but its always fun to think anyway!

Where would you go and why?

I would go right back to the start, see how the universe started. What better thing is there?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones[/quote']

That would be cool, though I'd probably fulfill a childhood fantasy and go back to the jurassic period. A dinosaur safari would be awesome, albeit very cliche'.

hmm.. go back and tell newton about general relativity... just to see where we would be now..

That would be impressive but you'd also need to take back research and such. Having the formulas are one thing, understanding them is something else :D

@Snail: I would also go back to see the dinosaurs. I think we all wanted to do that at some time ;)

I would also like to go forward and see how the universe ends... see the start and end of everything sounds good to me :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I would go back prevent the time machine from being built, just to see what would happen.

Hmm... yes that would be interesting... nothing like a temporal pardox to fry your brain...

I say good luck in the attempt because nothing would happen or you'd be stuck in a loop...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I'd go forward in time about five billion years or so to see what happens/what had happened to humanity when the sun expires.

Good idea. See if humans avoided another third world war!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I would go back to the 1000's and give civilizations an extreme modern makeover. I would tell them the secrets of electricity, how to get into space, and other things like that just to see how different life would be now.

I'd go to the middle ages and witness a jousting tornument, amoung other things.

Assuming I'm not going to use it for personal advantage and provided I can do some from a safe vantage point, I would witness pivotal historical events such as the Battle of Thermopylae. Better yet, I would go to Calvary so I could know once and for all if Jesus rose from the dead. I would like to see the first homo sapien be born or discover fire.

I would love to chat conversationally with a scientific genius (Kepler, Einstein would be great) a few weeks before they know they are onto something huge. If I could, I would trail them invisibly the few days before they first realize they are witnessing something no other person has seen about the mind of God.

Speaking about God, I'd go back in time a couple of thousand years and give the Virgin Mary a flare gun to fire if she goes into labour and there isn't a midwife around...

Scratch that.

Speaking about God, I'd go back in time a couple of thousand years and give the Virgin Mary a lifetime prescription of Thaladamide...

*awaits banning*

I would go into the future' date=' get some fantastic technology, then come back to the present and patent it.

Yes, I'm greedy, I know.[/quote'] I'd do the reverse, going back and getting huge tracts of land all over the place for damn cheap then doing the legal stuff necessary to "reserve" them for my family however many years later (the me part of my family in particular).

I'd probably go and see the world millions of years from now...to see if their are still humans...to see if the Earth will still exist, or if we successfully move to Mars, or create a biosphere...or maybe just a century from now to see if my country will prosper.

I'd go to the Classical Period, and enjoy a Mozart Concerto. Then, I would walk upon the green countryside and camp out. That's all I want out of time travel, to go into a time where it was okay to be sentimental, and somber.:)

hmm...I think I'd go back to when the Philippines was under Martial Law. Then I'd go to Marcos and punch him in the face. Or I would go to a time when Erap was to be born...i'll bury him alive! Nyahahah! or maybe gma...i'd shoot her straight in the head..and burn her in the stake! Nyahahah!

Guest azureflame

I would go to the far past; to the time (if there was a time) when the universe started... Big Bang or whatever, I could finally verify how it all began. Just wanted to know that.. :)

Guest azureflame

I could also go to the past... Any "time" would do.. Tinker something like uhhh.. Killing Ben Franklin, go back to my time and check the effect... that would be nice...

Hmm... yes that would be interesting... nothing like a temporal pardox to fry your brain...

I say good luck in the attempt because nothing would happen or you'd be stuck in a loop...

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']there's no paradox there. there is only an apparent paradox because you are thinking about the situation anachronistically.

hmm.. time machine? well, i'd go back millions of years ago and study dinosaurs (if i survive with all the icthyosaurus and tyranosaurus!!). how the earth started to bloom with its natural inhabitants, flaura and fauna. and how we as humans came to be. that would be great. we would finally understand our past. and then we will move to the present and then to the FUTURE!!! wahahaha!! sori for the exaggeration.. i guess i got overdosed with my medicine..