Username and Avatar

In My Memory

We all want to know, what does your username and avatar mean?

My username: my name IRL is Juliet, but at the time I was signing up for the board I wanted something a little more anonymous. I dont know why I chose "In My Memory", but I really liked the sound of it when it came to mind.

My avatar: its a cartoon of me, and actually its not a bad resemblance. It was created with Yahoo! Avatars.

Trivia and other things you probably didnt know: I found out some time ago that "In My Memory" is the name of a trance-styled CD, which takes its name from one of the songs on the disc. I bought the CD to see if it was any good, and the song "In My Memory" itself is actually very beautiful and is a favorite of mine. But the rest of the album is maybe a 3/10 and almost unlistenable.

Well as some of you already know, my name is Snail because I own some giant african land snails, one of which 'Sonic' is the huge achatina achatina species. 'He-Man' who unfortunately died last year was my other achatina achatina...and is now buried in my friends back garden. :-(

My avatar is my own work using photoshop...well not strictly my own work, it was originally a planet, but I rendered the image into looking like a nebula, and doesn't resemble the original at all.

I'm currently studying towards a BSc in physics, and dream of entering the field of quantum cosmology...hence the avatar.

I'm currently studying towards a BSc in physics' date=' and dream of entering the field of quantum cosmology...hence the avatar.[/quote']

Not to pull this off-topic, but where are you studying, and where would you hope to do your phd?

My name 'LunarTick' is what I consider to be a funny play on words(some may think otherwise). It does'nt really mean anything except me being a drunk fool. My picture is my precious face on Superman's body because photoshop made me do it.

Not to pull this off-topic, but where are you studying, and where would you hope to do your phd?

Open University, because I work full time. I'll be doing various courses that are all geared towards physics...after which (and providing I do well) I'll probably study full time for a masters in astrophysics or QM - although both cross over in some respects I'll gauge what best suits me nearer the time.

As for a Phd, again I'll decide nearer the time...but some recommendations would be appreciated though...if you don't mind.

Apologies to IMM for going off topic.

My picture is my precious face on Superman's body because photoshop made me do it.

...and clearly the best avatar on SFN, partly because it is, and partly because LunarTick is a very good mate of mine. :)

Im named after that guy who died in return of the jedi (tho i can't remember why... something to do with needing a three-charector name to put into high-score lists of computergames).

my avitar's a dragon, cos i like dragons.

My mom wanted to name me Jane, My dad wanted Jessica.

They settled for Jes, which are the initials of my proper name, Jane E. Skillman

So jeskill is an abbreviation of my full name.

The avatar is a picture of a tiny jumping bug that I took last year in the north-east corner of Turkey. If you touch the fuzzy tail, it jumps. I have no idea what the proper name is.

My avatar is the Hubble telescope iamge of the Helix Nebula, also known as the Eye of God (no, I don't have delusions of grandeur, well maybe a little). My username is a play on words, but only if you use the Greek pronunciation of the word Phi (FEE). I love the Golden Mean for it's elegance and mystery.

my avitar's a dragon, cos i like dragons.
More than Teletubbies?

I'm insane_alien, the name has nothing to do with my real life name, it came about cos i was obsessed with aliens a while back and it has often been remarked that i might be clinically insane. so i picked the nick insane_alien for a free mmorpg ages ago and its stuck eversince.

my avatar is of foamy the squirell because i agree with him and he made me do it or else i won't get a bagel.

Bascule is a character from the Iain Banks novel Feersum Endjinn (who writes completely phonetically, owing his spelling problems to the massive amounts of wetware which have been packed into his brain). I picked it when I read the novel circa 1995, and well, it just stuck.

It's also the name for counterweighted bridges:

UniversityBridge-1Clip.jpg

The avatar? I just changed that, mostly to spite revprez, but this one is a caricature of me.

My nick: I needed a name for an online game many years ago and I made it up, it's kinda stuck...

My avatar: needed an image for something so made it then decided to use it as my avatar in a couple of places whilst being bored...

Im herpguy because I like herps (reptiles and amphibians). My real name is zach but that doesnt matter.

My avatar is a picture of a Komodo dragon I took at the San Diego Zoo last year.

**Now it's a basilisk**

I'm aj47 because AJ are my intials and 47 is a number I use for a lot of things e.g. passwords, kinda significant for me, unimaginative I know.

My avatars a photo by of my favourite photographers, John Rutherford.

I'm Just Stu it (parody of sorts on Just Do it) because my name is Stu and when I was in ninth grade some seniors made up the phrase. I made it my aim and email so I used it here. I finally put a picture of me as my avatar.