Hamas attacks Israel with kit rockets and AK47's... US sends aircraft carrier in support.

StringJunky

12 hours ago, Sensei said:

..how do you verify if something is fact or bullshit.. ?

In this case it's quite easy. If you call someone an anti-semite, you should be able to provide a simple link to those anti-semitic posts. If you are not just a name-calling asshole. 

4 hours ago, Sensei said:

For all these wrongdoings, now even more people in the world hate Jews.. They are 1) idiots 2)  love the fact that people hate them.. 3) they are idiots..

The people that hate <insert name> are idiots; the Jews have adapted to a world that already hates them, by not caring. 

2 minutes ago, mistermack said:

In this case it's quite easy. If you call someone an anti-semite, you should be able to provide a simple link to those anti-semitic posts. If you are not just a name-calling asshole. 

See how easily these things scale up and we're just talking.

10000 Gazans killed so far and 4104 were children. Given that 50% are children, it looks like the Israelis are just blanket bombing where they think Hamas are, and, statistically, the odds are that half will be killed. The numbers are just about bearing this out. Avoiding collateral damage appears to be nowhere in their strategy.

Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry says 10,022 people, including 4,104 children, have been killed in the territory since Israel's campaign began - BBC

Edited by StringJunky

6 hours ago, mistermack said:

a name-calling asshole. 

Though he could not articulate words, AFAIK, this man came close:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Pétomane

45 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

10000 Gazans killed so far and 4104 were children. Given that 50% are children, it looks like the Israelis are just blanket bombing where they think Hamas are, and, statistically, the odds are that half will be killed. The numbers are just about bearing this out. Avoiding collateral damage appears to be nowhere in their strategy.

The US has a dismal record on collateral damage, from which it tries to distance itself, but the apologetic tone is undermined by its support of Israel.

27 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Though he could not articulate words, AFAIK, this man came close:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Pétomane

The US has a dismal record on collateral damage, from which it tries to distance itself, but the apologetic tone is undermined by its support of Israel.

I think, by Biden explicitly chucking all his chips in with Israel is going to hamstring him and the administration later and reduce his options. He's no longer a useful mediator.

Edited by StringJunky

Maybe someone should mediate the release of the kidnapped hostages before trying to mediate a cease-fire.
Everyone seems to have forgotten about them, but that is exactly the condition A Blinken mentioned  for any cease-fire discussions to occur.

17 minutes ago, MigL said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but can you find me a post in these 6  pages of posts where someone ( other than me ) mentions them and their release ?

It doesn't mean they aren't being thought of. The problem you seem to be having is viewing and judging Hamas's recent actions in a vacuum. This is exactly what Bibi et al wants. My purview of the situation takes the last 120-odd years into account when the Zionists started cooking up how to realize the 'Israel' idea.

Edited by StringJunky

3 hours ago, StringJunky said:

It doesn't mean they aren't being thought of.

They are, but since Israel is killing more than their number of innocent civilians every DAY, they come a distant second. I'd rather be a live hostage, than be burying my dead Palestinian child. 

4 hours ago, StringJunky said:

The problem you seem to be having is viewing and judging Hamas's recent actions in a vacuum.

!20 years ?
If you go back 1200 Years there are no Muslims in the area, as Islam was just starting out.
They were mostly all Jews inhabiting what was called Judea, any others were nomadic peoples who moved about the Middle East.
Subsequently, Islamic armies conquered the Middle East, as far as the Punjab to the East, and North Africa and Spain to te West.

Exactly how recent did YOU want to consider ?
I'm willing to go as far back as you like.

35 minutes ago, MigL said:

!20 years ?
If you go back 1200 Years there are no Muslims in the area, as Islam was just starting out.
They were mostly all Jews inhabiting what was called Judea, any others were nomadic peoples who moved about the Middle East.
Subsequently, Islamic armies conquered the Middle East, as far as the Punjab to the East, and North Africa and Spain to te West.

Exactly how recent did YOU want to consider ?
I'm willing to go as far back as you like.

But the relevant starting point is when the Zionists decided to re-engineer the course  of Late-19th century Palestine.

According to Ottoman statistics studied by Justin McCarthy,[67] the population of Palestine in the early 19th century was 350,000, in 1860 it was 411,000 and in 1900 about 600,000 of which 94% were Arabs.

The estimated 24,000 Jews in Palestine in 1882 represented just 0.3% of the world's Jewish population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)

Edited by StringJunky

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

The estimated 24,000 Jews in Palestine in 1882 represented just 0.3% of the world's Jewish population.

I wonder why nobody complained when all the Jews were displaced from their ancestral homeland leaving just 0.3 % while the rest were dispersed all over the world.

42 minutes ago, MigL said:

I wonder why nobody complained when all the Jews were displaced from their ancestral homeland leaving just 0.3 % while the rest were dispersed all over the world.

PalestineDemographics.png.e29a1374d93869d77929a371b2eade51.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)

They hadn't been dominant population-wise since the 4th century! 

1890 the Zionists, which numbered up to 43000, conspired to displace 10x their number of Palestinians from their desired area, which hadn't been ruled by them for 1700 years.

Edited by StringJunky

Showing a real ignorance of the Bible too. 

In the old testament, the Jews kicked off the indigenous people living on the "ancestral homeland"  using extreme violence. Just because their god said they could.

"I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you." The "promised land" was not empty. Very like today.

1 - The Bible is not an historical document.
Anyone who thinks so is ignorant.

2 - Look at your data set String Junky.
Original population was mostly Jewish.
About the 4th or 5th century, a lot of them started converting to Christianity.
( Jesus Christ supposedly was a Jew, as were his 'earthly' parents )
It was only after the Islamic conquests circa 800 that Muslims became dominant.
What is historically documented, is the fact that the prophet Mohamad was exiled from Mecca, so he went to Medina, from where He and his followers raided caravans crossing the Arabian peninsula, in order to get funds to build an army and take Mecca.

3 - Please enlighten me, INow.
Would these be the same people who complained 75 years ago when 6 Million of them were put to death ; because I haven't heard of them either.

This is the UN version of the events between 1917-1947:

Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem: 1917-1947 (Part I)

Introduction
Contents [hide]

The question of Palestine was brought before the United Nations shortly after the end of the Second World War.

The origins of the Palestine problem as an international issue, however, lie in events occurring towards the end of the First World War. These events led to a League of Nations decision to place Palestine under the administration of Great Britain as the Mandatory Power under the Mandates System adopted by the League. In principle, the Mandate was meant to be in the nature of a transitory phase until Palestine attained the status of a fully independent nation, a status provisionally recognized in the League’s Covenant, but in fact the Mandate’s historical evolution did not result in the emergence of Palestine as an independent nation.

The decision on the Mandate did not take into account the wishes of the people of Palestine, despite the Covenant’s requirements that “the wishes of these communities must be a principal consideration in the selection of the Mandatory”. This assumed special significance because, almost five years before receiving the mandate from the League of Nations, the British Government had given commitments to the Zionist Organization regarding the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine, for which Zionist leaders had pressed a claim of “historical connection” since their ancestors had lived in Palestine two thousand years earlier before dispersing in the “Diaspora”.

During the period of the Mandate, the Zionist Organization worked to secure the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine. The indigenous people of Palestine, whose forefathers had inhabited the land for virtually the two preceding millennia felt this design to be a violation of their natural and inalienable rights. They also viewed it as an infringement of assurances of independence given by the Allied Powers to Arab leaders in return for their support during the war. The result was mounting resistance to the Mandate by Palestinian Arabs, followed by resort to violence by the Jewish community as the Second World War drew to a close.

After a quarter of a century of the Mandate, Great Britain submitted what had become “the Palestine problem” to the United Nations on the ground that the Mandatory Power was faced with conflicting obligations that had proved irreconcilable. At this point, when the United Nations itself was hardly two years old, violence ravaged Palestine. After investigating various alternatives the United Nations proposed the partitioning of Palestine into two independent States, one Palestinian Arab and the other Jewish, with Jerusalem internationalized. The partition plan did not bring peace to Palestine, and the prevailing violence spread into a Middle East war halted only by United Nations action. One of the two States envisaged in the partition plan proclaimed its independence as Israel and, in a series of successive wars, its territorial control expanded to occupy all of Palestine. The Palestinian Arab State envisaged in the partition plan never appeared on the world’s map and, over the following 30 years, the Palestinian people have struggled for their lost rights.

The Palestine problem quickly widened into the Middle East dispute between the Arab States and Israel. From 1948 there have been wars and destruction, forcing millions of Palestinians into exile, and engaging the United Nations in a continuing search for a solution to a problem which came to possess the potential of a major source of danger for world peace.

In the course of this search, a large majority of States Members of the United Nations have recognized that the Palestine issue continues to lie at the heart of the Middle East problem, the most serious threat to peace with which the United Nations must contend. Recognition is spreading in world opinion that the Palestinian people must be assured its inherent inalienable right of national self-determination for peace to be restored.

In 1947 the United Nations accepted the responsibility of finding a just solution for the Palestine issue, and still grapples with this task today. Decades of strife and politico-legal arguments have clouded the basic issues and have obscured the origins and evolution of the Palestine problem, which this study attempts to clarify.

More: https://www.un.org/unispal/history2/origins-and-evolution-of-the-palestine-problem/part-i-1917-1947/

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Would these be the same people who complained 75 years ago when 6 Million of them were put to death ; because I haven't heard of them either

Biden spoke of the hostages again today. I know this is a tense situation. I don’t know why you keep making it tense with me. If I’ve offended you, I’m sorry. 

Edited by iNow

1 hour ago, CharonY said:

I doubt anyone has much of a moral high ground here.

Maybe not, but the moral depths are firmly occupied by the state of Israel and it's US backers. It's no good wringing your hands and tut tutting about what Israel is doing. It's the US government that calls the real shots.  

The population of Gaza :  2.4 million. Size of Gaza

330px-Gaza_Strip_in_Palestine.svg.png

Opportunities for the people of Gaza are zero. These people are born, live and die in a concentration camp, while alien people enjoy all of the stolen benefits of the lands that are their heritage. And yet any resistance is portrayed as terrorism by most of the world's media. 

The reason Gaza exists is its 2.5 million population (rapidly decreasing at the moment) which would completely change the electoral balance in a democratic Israel. So 2.5 million people are kept in what is essentially a concentration camp. For political expedience. And our governments are fine with it, because they are given no option. The pro Zion movement pulls the strings in the US, and the US gives the orders to most of the world. 

7 minutes ago, mistermack said:

It's the US government that calls the real shots.  

Are you saying they called for an invasion of Gaza? If not, what shots do you believe they have 'called' during this current situation?

8 minutes ago, mistermack said:

Maybe not, but the moral depths are firmly occupied by the state of Israel and it's US backers.

But not Hamas? Do you feel Hamas is in some way superior morally to Israel in this exchange?

5 minutes ago, mistermack said:

Maybe not, but the moral depths are firmly occupied by the state of Israel and it's US backers. It's no good wringing your hands and tut tutting about what Israel is doing. It's the US government that calls the real shots.  

The population of Gaza :  2.4 million. Size of Gaza

330px-Gaza_Strip_in_Palestine.svg.png

Opportunities for the people of Gaza are zero. These people are born, live and die in a concentration camp, while alien people enjoy all of the stolen benefits of the lands that are their heritage. And yet any resistance is portrayed as terrorism by most of the world's media. 

The reason Gaza exists is its 2.5 million population (rapidly decreasing at the moment) which would completely change the electoral balance in a democratic Israel. So 2.5 million people are kept in what is essentially a concentration camp. For political expedience. And our governments are fine with it, because they are given no option. The pro Zion movement pulls the strings in the US, and the US gives the orders to most of the world. 

The purpose of importing the diaspora was to alter the electoral balance against the Arabs. This was a deliberate policy aspiration.

3 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Are you saying they called for an invasion of Gaza? If not, what shots do you believe they have 'called' during this current situation?

Do you have any idea of how politics works? Do you think it's all done by public pronouncements? You seem to have a very simplistic view of the world. Israel knows how far it can go. It's all done behind the scenes.

6 minutes ago, zapatos said:

But not Hamas? Do you feel Hamas is in some way superior morally to Israel in this exchange?

Absolutely morally superior. They are fighting for the freedom of their people. They are freedom fighters. Israel is fighting to keep what's been stolen. If you suffer a house invasion, you have the right to fight. So do they.